Transfer Flow 58 gallon replacement tanks are finally being sold and installed!!!!

$2000? Uh, no. I'll be happy to carry a 5 gallon can in my bed when I go on trips for emergency use.
Problem is in 4wd with 7.3 you will be lucky to get 50 miles out of 5 gallons...most of the time that wouldn't get me back to hard road much less a gas station.

Problem is in 4wd you will be lucky to get 50 miles out 5 gallons...most of the time that wouldn't get me back to hard road much less a gas station.
Or problem is if you use a truck camper so you don't have the bed space. If bed space is available a fairly cheap route would be the titan side kick 15gal tank that can mount in front of the wheel well. Still have to siphon or pump over to the main tank versus all in 1 though.

Interesting comments. I have a 42 gal xfer tank now and with the 58 main tank that's an even 100 gallons. I'll go a long way but have a credit card spontaneously combust upon refill.

Anyway, I will be able to go from Washington to Alaska without stopping in Canada-istan.

Or problem is if you use a truck camper so you don't have the bed space. If bed space is available a fairly cheap route would be the titan side kick 15gal tank that can mount in front of the wheel well. Still have to siphon or pump over to the main tank versus all in 1 though.

I’ve got a topper & have been considering the sidekick or possibly even 2 of them but spilling while filling or pumping along with fumes is a concern but the extra weight in the winter would be nice

Interesting comments. I have a 42 gal xfer tank now and with the 58 main tank that's an even 100 gallons. I'll go a long way but have a credit card spontaneously combust upon refill.

Anyway, I will be able to go from Washington to Alaska without stopping in Canada-istan.
You added a 58 gallon replacement tank and then, a 42 gal in-bed auxiliary tank from Transfer Flow? Did you get the in-bed tank with the Trax4 pump and auto-filling software?

I just added a 50-gal in-bed tank with Trax4 and it seems to work quite well. After my 600 mile round trip in Texas over the weekend, I noticed the main fuel gauge in my truck is very slow to recognize the fuel as it is being added. Other than that, it worked as expected and saved me over .50 cents per gallon on the price I would have paid for diesel while traveling.

You added a 58 gallon replacement tank and then, a 42 gal in-bed auxiliary tank from Transfer Flow? Did you get the in-bed tank with the Trax4 pump and auto-filling software?

I just added a 50-gal in-bed tank with Trax4 and it seems to work quite well. After my 600 mile round trip in Texas over the weekend, I noticed the main fuel gauge in my truck is very slow to recognize the fuel as it is being added. Other than that, it worked as expected and saved me over .50 cents per gallon on the price I would have paid for diesel while traveling.
No, it's a manual filling tank. I also use it for ATV and saves from taking Jerry cans to the gas station.

I’m curious why folks are opting for the Transfer Flow tank over S&B’s 60 gallon replacement tank (https://www.sbfilters.com/fuel-tanks/60-gal-tank-powerstroke) and, if you need the ability to transfer fuel to another vehicle/toy adding their transfer pump (https://www.sbfilters.com/fuel-tanks/transfer-pump-ford) to the tank? I mean, it’s far less expensive, has a little more capacity and is lower profile.

Since I haven’t ‘jumped’ yet, I’d be curious to know why the Transfer Flow tank would be better?

I’m curious why folks are opting for the Transfer Flow tank over S&B’s 60 gallon replacement tank (https://www.sbfilters.com/fuel-tanks/60-gal-tank-powerstroke) and, if you need the ability to transfer fuel to another vehicle/toy adding their transfer pump (https://www.sbfilters.com/fuel-tanks/transfer-pump-ford) to the tank? I mean, it’s far less expensive, has a little more capacity and is lower profile.

Since I haven’t ‘jumped’ yet, I’d be curious to know why the Transfer Flow tank would be better?
That is for the 6.7 diesel and the new transfer flow 58 gallon is the only "replacement" fuel tank available for gassers.

That is for the 6.7 diesel and the new transfer flow 58 gallon is the only "replacement" fuel tank available for gassers.

Oh. I got ya. Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense now. Too bad - that S&B setup is pretty sweet. You’d think they’d come out with a gas version.

Thanks again!

Oh. I got ya. Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense now. Too bad - that S&B setup is pretty sweet. You’d think they’d come out with a gas version.

Thanks again!
Ya it's got a little lost in this and other threads that the replacement/upsized tank situation is extensive for the diesels and totally nil for gasoline trucks. The enthusiasm on this thread topic is due to the fact that Tranferflow has stepped up to our request and engineered a solution for the gas trucks. It's actually kind of remarkable as most companies wouldn't even pay attention let alone act on it so quickly. I say quickly as the Tremor 7.3 was only on the market about a year when they started the process of developing the new tank.

I recently discovered that the aftermarket/transfer tank industry is much more highly regulated for gasoline tanks than it is for diesel tanks. You can buy diesel transfer tanks from any number of suppliers and manufacturers all over the country. On the other hand, trying to find a tank approved for gasoline transfer is much harder. Most will have a placard on the tank that specifically states not for gasoline. It all has to do with the volatility and explosive characteristics of gasoline, and controlling hydrocarbon emissions, and of course the liability that comes with that.

Congrats. Please report back with images of fit and finish for us guys who will be waiting months/years for ours.

Who has the highest number that has been contacted so far? Anyone over 225? 250?

Who has the highest number that has been contacted so far? Anyone over 225? 250?
FYI, I was contacted yesterday and was #213 but passed.

She said my tank would have been produced in November so sounds like a lot of people are saying no or they have increased their production. Their paperwork says that only 46 total tanks will be completed by November. Assuming I was the 46th tank that is only about a 20% accept rate.

I was contacted today. #271, with a date of Nov 10th (semper fi), and am having the tank sent to SDHQ in Gilbert for the install.
Wow, I am 288. Just about to drop $5k on house improvements. Was hoping to get a slot from Teri later next year. Seems like we have a lot of folks not taking up the offer.

I just got the call from Teri (#256), and they will ship to my installer in Oklahoma in November.

#395 but per Teri, their goal is to produce about 35 tanks per day. At that rate getting to #400 won't take long!

Latest Discussions

Back