Touchdown & Thoughts After 125 Miles

With 2 500 amp shunts you could monitor both batteries and both alternators, all separately.
That’s actually a good point about the second battery. I need to figure out how they’re wired to make sure the monitor will work. If they’re both grounded to the chassis (as opposed to the negative of one going to the negative of the other, and then to the chassis) then the monitor wouldn’t work.

How would it work with two 500 amp shunts, though? Would I need two monitors?

I’m not a electrical engineer & in 2021 should not have to research & purchase/install yet more aftermarket crap to do what Ford should have programmed into a dash cluster or in the new big display.

If other car companies and even Ford are already utilizing that tech in current vehicles, where you can push a button or 2 and see your electrical status why the fuck are they not putting it in current builds where you have dual batteries, a factory winch option and upfitter switches.

It’s just piss poor foreword thinking

I think he meant buffeting.

Really want to know what the 'needs fixed' stuff is on a brand new very expensive truck!

Can not lift the back seat, it hits the shoulder belt housing and pushes it into the rear window, rear slide windo makes funky noises & is not smooth opening/closing, tailgate will not open properly using key fob, button in tailgate and needs yanked on, plus scratch in paint on inside of tailgate

I think that’s it so far, was dark when we inspected it and even indoors the lighting was good, was not superb and it’s snowing, so we shall see if anything else wrong makes an appearance

I’m not a electrical engineer & in 2021 should not have to research & purchase/install yet more aftermarket crap to do what Ford should have programmed into a dash cluster or in the new big display.

If other car companies and even Ford are already utilizing that tech in current vehicles, where you can push a button or 2 and see your electrical status why the fuck are they not putting it in current builds where you have dual batteries, a factory winch option and upfitter switches.

It’s just piss poor foreword thinking
I swear I saw voltage somewhere in the gauge cluster one time. Though if I did it was buried somewhere, not a readily accessible gauge.

Quick search of the owner’s manual didn’t yield any results. Will take a skim through the gauge cluster when I get my truck back and see if I can find it.

That’s actually a good point about the second battery. I need to figure out how they’re wired to make sure the monitor will work. If they’re both grounded to the chassis (as opposed to the negative of one going to the negative of the other, and then to the chassis) then the monitor wouldn’t work.

How would it work with two 500 amp shunts, though? Would I need two monitors?
I'm not an expert. Here is an overview of how it can be used.

I'm not an expert. Here is an overview of how it can be used.
Ah yep. The second battery functionality is only good for a voltage, but also designed for a completely separate battery bank. The dual batteries in the truck are hooked up in parallel, so act as one big battery to be monitored, but there’s some details to be understood about how they’re wired.

I swear I saw voltage somewhere in the gauge cluster one time. Though if I did it was buried somewhere, not a readily accessible gauge.

Quick search of the owner’s manual didn’t yield any results. Will take a skim through the gauge cluster when I get my truck back and see if I can find it.

I sat in the truck for almost a hour last night going over the manual and gauge cluster & all the stuff in the big screen and did not see anything, but I easily could have missed it as much stuff I was learning

I don't get the fascination with the electrical system. Never had a problem with it in 30 years worth of F150s.

Air down your tires to 65 and the wandering will go away in about 300 miles.

Not a fascination when you are 4 hours @ 50 mph from the closest cell signal & depending on your electrical system to run aftermarket lights & other crap while still having the power needed to start the motor, that’s one huge reason for going with the factory installed dual battery system. Ford is being stupid by not having a way to monitor that factory dual battery system

Why should it take 300 miles and airing down to stop the wandering, I’ve never had a new vehicle wander like this

Now I understand airing down for comfort, for the highway ride/expansion joints and such, but to stop a well known design flaw?

Not a fascination when you are 4 hours @ 50 mph from the closest cell signal & depending on your electrical system to run aftermarket lights & other crap while still having the power needed to start the motor, that’s one huge reason for going with the factory installed dual battery system.
💯

I don’t have any wander anymore, 3k and my tires are smooooth like butter. Just air them down like said above. I was driving in some high winds and zero wandering. It was crazy watching the other cars get blown around and I was steady.
The brightness can be adjusted in settings.
The back seat thing sucks but you can buy a built right release, that’s added to my list too.

Need to get some kind of mud flaps

I realized this (on a white truck) after the first dirt road I went down that was slightly damp. Weathertechs went on shortly after!

Why should it take 300 miles and airing down to stop the wandering, I’ve never had a new vehicle wander like this

I drove home from the dealer and experienced some amount of "wander" but it was not terrible, just noticeable. Probably within ~100miles or so I aired down from 60/70 to 50/60 and it was no longer noticeable to me. I have since gone to 50/50 and that is where I have decided to leave it.

I don’t have any wander anymore, 3k and my tires are smooooth like butter. Just air them down like said above. I was driving in some high winds and zero wandering. It was crazy watching the other cars get blown around and I was steady.
The brightness can be adjusted in settings.
The back seat thing sucks but you can buy a built right release, that’s added to my list too.

Why should I be forced to drive up to 3k mikes to “fix” a tire design flaw instead of Goodyear fixing their flawed design?

Yep, found the dining button, they sure do not make it easy to reach

When you lift up the back seats to access the floor/built in storage compartment, it pushes up against the seat backs, that in turn pushes up against the center shoulder seatbelt box/thing and that is pushed into the back window, I can not lift the seats, has nothing to do with a built right release. It actually popped off the shoulder belt box cover

"Now I understand airing down for comfort, for the highway ride/expansion joints and such, but to stop a well known design flaw?"

Not a design flaw, the tires have to break in. You could speed up the process by driving like F1 cars on the formation lap but your local highway patrol might take a dim view of swerving across three lanes at 100 mph.

"Now I understand airing down for comfort, for the highway ride/expansion joints and such, but to stop a well known design flaw?"

Not a design flaw, the tires have to break in. You could speed up the process by driving like F1 cars are the formation lap but your local highway patrol might take a dim view of swerving across three lanes at 100 mph.
Now I'm picturing someone taking their stock, brand new Tremor to a local track day. :ROFLMAO:

I realized this (on a white truck) after the first dirt road I went down that was slightly damp. Weathertechs went on shortly after!

I drove home from the dealer and experienced some amount of "wander" but it was not terrible, just noticeable. Probably within ~100miles or so I aired down from 60/70 to 50/60 and it was no longer noticeable to me. I have since gone to 50/50 and that is where I have decided to leave it.

Need to look into more depth at weathertech mud flaps as well as floor mats of some kind

Was going to air down and play with forescan today, but it’s colder then cold and snowing & I’m being a baby & staying inside where it’s warm & sipping green tea

Why should I be forced to drive up to 3k mikes to “fix” a tire design flaw instead of Goodyear fixing their flawed design?

Yep, found the dining button, they sure do not make it easy to reach

When you lift up the back seats to access the floor/built in storage compartment, it pushes up against the seat backs, that in turn pushes up against the center shoulder seatbelt box/thing and that is pushed into the back window, I can not lift the seats, has nothing to do with a built right release. It actually popped off the shoulder belt box cover
Im just saying I’m at 3k and they ride great, it probably went away after a couple hundred miles. They are rated at 80psi soo they are a sturdy hard tire. Rated for your insanely heavy truck designed for payload. As for the the seats 🤷‍♂️ doesn’t bother me I can access my storage

Not a design flaw, the tires have to break in.

I get what your are saying and there is certainly subjective evaluation involved. I don't regard it as a design flaw since, for me, it went away with a reduction in pressure, no break in required (unless you count ~100miles). I am not driving around at max payload and do not need max tire pressure so running at max pressure unloaded and finding ride or dynamic issues is not correlated to the tire design.

I get what your are saying and there is certainly subjective evaluation involved. I don't regard it as a design flaw since, for me, it went away with a reduction in pressure, no break in required (unless you count ~100miles). I am not driving around at max payload and do not need max tire pressure so running at max pressure unloaded and finding ride or dynamic issues is not correlated to the tire design.

To be fair I need to drop tire pressure as truck was empty & not going to be running with much weight in it. Never said anything to the wife about it & yet the wife asked why the truck was wandering all over the road.

I’ve never been a fan of Goodyear tires & it could be my prejudice towards them is coming thru loud and clear. Have been running BFG AT’s and MT’s since 93 & never had a pair wander even when at full pressure.

Back