Tell me about your favorite whiskey or bourbon

I tend to drink a lot of Blantons but it is getting increasingly difficult to find. I’d love to know what whiskey or bourbon you enjoy drinking and if you have any recommendations that you’d like to share with our group. As always, thank you for your insight and knowledge.
I love Blanton's but yes difficult to find. In fact a lot of my favorites are hard to find or it seems the prices are going up as they get "discovered". Weller Special Reserve, Michter’s. I would mention that I also like Breckenridge but then I probably would not be able to find that either LOL. Can't go wrong with 4 Roses small batch.

I love Blanton's but yes difficult to find. In fact a lot of my favorites are hard to find or it seems the prices are going up as they get "discovered". Weller Special Reserve, Michter’s. I would mention that I also like Breckenridge but then I probably would not be able to find that either LOL. Can't go wrong with 4 Roses small batch.
4 Roses single barrel is ok ( on a rock ) Its no Blanton's I receive a bottle of the Breckenridge as a gift have not opened it yet.

And if its Scotch my choice is the Lagavulin. Although I did have Royal Salute once and it was rather tasty.

I’m partial to bourbon myself, but enjoy most types of whiskey. My preference is barrel proof bourbon. Cheers!
6C9AB7E3-97E3-4B1C-815C-6F06CE733B9B.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m partial to bourbon myself, but enjoy most types of whiskey. My preference is barrel proof bourbon. ??
View attachment 29377
I too am a fan of the higher proof stuff. Had a pretty good find the other day.
I’m partial to bourbon myself, but enjoy most types of whiskey. My preference is barrel proof bourbon. ??
View attachment 29377
I too am partial to the higher proof stuff lately. Had a pretty good find yesterday.
View attachment 29377

Attachments

• 337CDC83-5B94-45BE-BBF4-1EF1BCAA81BF.jpeg
    337CDC83-5B94-45BE-BBF4-1EF1BCAA81BF.jpeg
    504 KB · Views: 35
This my 2nd round with the Taylor barrel proof. I loved it the first bottle I had. Been a couple of years since I was able to get one. The belle meade reserve is new to stores here.

Got it at Costco today. Had a similar one last year. Not awesome but its good with a rock.
64980198548__97BD5411-E91D-4558-A369-F8A67A360E82.jpeg

Lagavulin 16. Hands down my all time favorite. I don't recommend anyone tries it, because if you do there's a good chance you're going to REALLY like it and it ain't cheap. I made the mistake of asking my wife to "just try it sweetheart ". Now a $120 bottle that used to last 5 days now barely makes it 2 because my wife loves it too HA HA really outsmarted myself there!

Has anyone tried TX Whiskey? A buddy of mine recommended it tonight..

View attachment 31662
I've never had it but I see it all over.

If any of you have seen Stellum Bourbon on the shelf but never picked it up I encourage you to do so. It is a very very good drinker.

Michters at $35 bucks or so its not bad. I can kill a bottle in a night or sometimes a weekend with my brother in law.

I should cut back :cool:
IMG_3294.jpeg

I'd have to say that Angel's Envy Rye is at the top of my list. However, since I'm too much of a cheapskate to drink it all the time, I usually keep a bottle of Bulleit Bourbon around, too. In the colder months, I like to pour a little Bulleit into a mug of hot apple cider. Mmmmm.

My wife picked me out a bottle of Minor Case Rye the other day. Never had it before now. It's finished in Sherry barrels (sort of like how Angel's Envy Rye is finished in Rum barrels). I have to say it was quite good (and quite a bit less expensive than Angel's Envy). I'll definitely get some more of that when its gone.

We used to have a Jim Beam plant along I-75 just north of the city. It always smelled so good to drive by there. Too bad they closed it down some years ago. :(

-SR-

Back