Tell me about your favorite whiskey or bourbon

Was really easy to find Blantons & at a really good price, all of a sudden collectors went after the bottles/horses and then “hipsters” discovered it & it became wicked popular
It's weird what becomes popular and why. It got a lot of good reviews so I thought why not, let's try it.

I have been looking for Blantons for over a year now. The willet I have read mixed reviews on so I haven't been as concerned about finding one for the taste but rather the bottle... what a cool bottle.

I will say this, for the money if you see a George Dickel 15yr on the shelf BUY IT. It has a great aged flavor and you will be hard pressed to find a 15yr single barrel product for less money (around 60 bucks).

I have been looking for Blantons for over a year now. The willet I have read mixed reviews on so I haven't been as concerned about finding one for the taste but rather the bottle... what a cool bottle.

I will say this, for the money if you see a George Dickel 15yr on the shelf BUY IT. It has a great aged flavor and you will be hard pressed to find a 15yr single barrel product for less money (around 60 bucks).

We hit the Dickel distillery, was way cool

We hit the Dickel distillery, was way cool

I would like to go up and do that one day. Too many young kids right now, but maybe me and the wife can do that trip in the future... sounds way cool

Special without being special.

20210910_211540.jpg

Been sipping Jack Daniels yesterday & today, it it wrong to have a drink before 10am??

Been sipping Jack Daniels yesterday & today, it it wrong to have a drink before 10am??
According to my wife, yes. She has a noon limit for me. Except for football Sunday, then I get beer with hot wings at 10 am.

According to my wife, yes. She has a noon limit for me. Except for football Sunday, then I get beer with hot wings at 10 am.

My wife handed me a couple ice cubes, this is not a normal day for me & normally never drink this early or like this, had a good friend who was NYPD and he survived ground zero, but was killed inside and

Lots of hate and emotions

My wife handed me a couple ice cubes, this is not a normal day for me & normally never drink this early or like this, had a good friend who was NYPD and he survived ground zero, but was killed inside and

Lots of hate and emotions
Totally understand. I was stationed @ Travis AFB at the time. Two months later I found myself in Diego Garcia. Less than two months after that I was in Kandahar supporting Operation Anaconda. I have some thoughts myself.

Totally understand. I was stationed @ Travis AFB at the time. Two months later I found myself in Diego Garcia. Less than two months after that I was in Kandahar supporting Operation Anaconda. I have some thoughts myself.

I was @ FE Warren & out in the missile complex when 9/11 happened, we were told we were considered “deployed assets” and not able to be deployed due to our “important” mission, had good friends who went & I’m still pissed off about that bullshit that kept us stateside

^^^ would love to get my hands on that.
Too bad your not closer to me. Its at my local place, while I like their 14 yr I have had better for less money so I have been reserved on buying at bottle of the 15yr.

Back