Stainless Works 7.3 exhaust

Looking at getting the Legend, is the install do able for a somewhat novice? Was there trimming that was needed? Also, is it just the Redline that people are having problems with the shock boots or Legend also?

My dealer will Install my Redline when I get it, I will have them use Heat protective tape on the area that is close to the Shock

I think it is do able by a novice. I did have to wrestle with the stock exhaust a bunch to get it apart, those slip fittings just seize up a bit. I didn't have to trim anything.

Last edited:
Looking at getting the Legend, is the install do able for a somewhat novice? Was there trimming that was needed? Also, is it just the Redline that people are having problems with the shock boots or Legend also?
It's 100% doable by a novice I am by no means an mechanical expert. I was able to do it with a extra hand in about 4-5 hours. I definitely reccomend a second hand to help. I have the redline and have not been affected by the melting of the shock boots. I did not have to do any trimming at all.

Previously, and earlier in this thread, there were issues with fitment of the exhausts due to manufacturing issues from Stainless Works. That said, we've not had a single reported issue in almost two years now so it seems they got it figured out.

I've got the Legend in stock and ready to ship here at Apollo Optics in both the polished and black tips.

Polished Tips: https://apollo-optics.com/stainless-works-2020-23-f-250-350-7-3l-cat-back-ft220cbl/
Black Tips: https://apollo-optics.com/stainless-works-2020-23-f-250-350-7-3l-cat-back-ft220cbl-b/

Did it in my driveway without any issues. Also, I have the Redline and have no shock issues.

Previously, and earlier in this thread, there were issues with fitment of the exhausts due to manufacturing issues from Stainless Works. That said, we've not had a single reported issue in almost two years now so it seems they got it figured out.

I've got the Legend in stock and ready to ship here at Apollo Optics in both the polished and black tips.

Polished Tips: https://apollo-optics.com/stainless-works-2020-23-f-250-350-7-3l-cat-back-ft220cbl/
Black Tips: https://apollo-optics.com/stainless-works-2020-23-f-250-350-7-3l-cat-back-ft220cbl-b/
I would definitely like to purchase the Legend black tips from you since you’re a forum member and you have them in stock.

I would definitely like to purchase the Legend black tips from you since you’re a forum member and you have them in stock.
Happy to help!

Feel free to use the links above or you can send me a PM and I can send you a custom order link, whatever is easier for you!

The legend kit

vPM5wU4.jpeg

Installed the Stainless Works Redline exhaust yesterday on my 2024 7.3L Godzilla Tremor. It was a Christmas gift to myself and I found it at Apollo Optics, shipped and arrived NEXT DAY- Thanks to Nick over there.

Removing old exhaust was a breeze, install of the stainless works system was no problem as well. Fit and finish was awesome. I was surprised how mellow the Redline system is. Very little droning, not much noise noticeable inside the cab when accelerating. I wish it was louder. My 5.0L F150 has a 4” round magnaflow muffler I swapped out the OEM and that truck is substantially louder. I know sounds will all come down to a persons preference. I apparently prefer LOUD.

Has anyone deleted the first muffler on the truck? Been wondering if that would achieve the sound I want.

Installed the Stainless Works Redline exhaust yesterday on my 2024 7.3L Godzilla Tremor. It was a Christmas gift to myself and I found it at Apollo Optics, shipped and arrived NEXT DAY- Thanks to Nick over there.

Removing old exhaust was a breeze, install of the stainless works system was no problem as well. Fit and finish was awesome. I was surprised how mellow the Redline system is. Very little droning, not much noise noticeable inside the cab when accelerating. I wish it was louder. My 5.0L F150 has a 4” round magnaflow muffler I swapped out the OEM and that truck is substantially louder. I know sounds will all come down to a persons preference. I apparently prefer LOUD.

Has anyone deleted the first muffler on the truck? Been wondering if that would achieve the sound I want.
I thought all stock mufflers were removed when installing the SW system? No?

I thought all stock mufflers were removed when installing the SW system? No?
A shop installed my Legend on my 2023 Godzilla, it is plenty loud enough for my taste, just sounds like a wicked exhaust not obnoxious

A shop installed my Legend on my 2023 Godzilla, it is plenty loud enough for my taste, just sounds like a wicked exhaust not obnoxious
I'm about to install a redline. Back to my question - does the system maintain any of the factory mufflers? I assumed no but @DTremor says it does.

I'm about to install a redline. Back to my question - does the system maintain any of the factory mufflers? I assumed no but @DTremor says it does.
Sorry for the confusion. All stock mufflers are replaced with stainless works mufflers during install. My question is has anyone deleted the front muffler?

Attachments

• IMG_2493.jpeg
    IMG_2493.jpeg
    415.2 KB · Views: 13
Back