Stainless Works 7.3 exhaust

36general

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 7.3 TREMOR
Stainless Works has a new exhaust out specifically made for the 7.3.. I ordered weeks ago and should be receiving one of the first kits produced.. My ship date is April 9th, can’t wait! Ordered the Legend system which is on the mild side compared to their Redline kit.. Legend system is a deep growl, with zero drone and not overly obnoxious.. Finally a true dual exhaust that sounds great ?? I‘ll post sounds clips and pics once I get it installed.. Just want to give you guys a heads up on the best option available for the 7.3 IMO..

https://stainlessworks.net/2020-21-f-250-350-7-3l-catback/

Do they have a sound clip posted somewhere to here it?

They sent me IPhone sound clips they made of the prototype systems.. But they’re not mine to post.. I’m sure Stainless works will produce a video showing the different exhaust combos like they do with their other systems.. This was just put on their website today.,

I‘ll post sound clips as soon as I install mine ??

Does this have a pre-tire option like their F150 exhaust?

Last edited:
I have my eye on this exhaust as well, Good to know they have different builds. Tempted to go full with the long tube headers all at the same time. Little nervous about removing the front manifolds not having done that before. I’d like to watch a video of the process first.

Pricey. That more than the TRD dual exhaust on my tundra from the dealership.

I paid half of that installed. Why does it cost so much?
I would assume the 304 material, overall quality, being a true dual exhaust, lifetime guarantee and the R&D for making a 7.3 system instead of retrofitting a 6.2 system play a role in price ??‍♂️

Any top tier exhaust will be in this price range.. Borla and Corsa will be in the ballpark if they ever release a system..

Last edited:
That's unfortunate, aFe makes a good looking exhaust with the pre-tire exit. It won't have that great stainless works sounds, but it is something I may consider.

I would assume the 304 material, overall quality, being a true dual exhaust, lifetime guarantee and the R&D for making a 7.3 system instead of retrofitting a 6.2 system play a role in price ??‍♂️

Any top tier exhaust will be in this price range.. Borla and Corsa will be in the ballpark if they ever release a system..
Mine was hand bent/molded steel true dual with x pipe and 2 magna flow mufflers.
Why is it so expensive?
Steel is 60-70% more money this year over last. The Construction industry is getting nailed right now on building material and road reinforcement products.
Mine was built in late January. It has not gone up that much.

@richtor I gave multiple reasons.. Your set up sounds pieced together at a local shop.. Can’t really compare that to Stainless works.. My last Corsa catback on my old C7 was around 3k.. I don’t consider $1350 for a 7.3l specific system expensive.. If you’re happy with your current set up, more power to you.. If you have more questions as to the cost, call Stainless Works and maybe they’ll have the answer you’re looking for..

Mine was hand bent/molded steel true dual with x pipe and 2 magna flow mufflers.
Why is it so expensive?

Mine was built in late January. It has not gone up that much.
I’m basing it off the price of rebar and mesh in my industry. Rebar is up $250 a ton over the last 8 week. That’s based off new stock coming out of the plants not existing sitting on floors already. There are no full flat ties in the country right for foundations now because steel is in short supply.

there is a significant amount of engineering by some of these companys. The companys that already have product out, are just reusing existing product sku's. Being that the 7.3 is a new engine, there are many differences from the 6.2. I think that the companies that were out of the gate early, like MBRP, are just choking down a freer flowing engine with their rebadged 6.2 system.

there is a significant amount of engineering by some of these companys. The companys that already have product out, are just reusing existing product sku's. Being that the 7.3 is a new engine, there are many differences from the 6.2. I think that the companies that were out of the gate early, like MBRP, are just choking down a freer flowing engine with their rebadged 6.2 system.
Who buys a system anymore especially at those prices?
07876209-C83A-40C6-89CA-C805A1C7C4DC.jpeg
D12C6A1D-EE47-4164-99FD-B949E203CE5E.jpeg
F2F7A223-E5B3-406F-B9CF-C284D7DB2466.jpeg
F1C56FA3-F1FC-4A57-BA8F-6103D8B70531.jpeg
8D409CD4-E8C0-4997-9AA5-81F82A6F9A9C.jpeg
01048E87-C6CB-4110-93AB-43B44DE8DB04.jpeg
68CC3616-ACAD-4F5A-A0DF-66253685077F.jpeg
53428637-28EA-4983-BE44-21EDAA3EB828.jpeg

Stainless Works has a new exhaust out specifically made for the 7.3.. I ordered weeks ago and should be receiving one of the first kits produced.. My ship date is April 9th, can’t wait! Ordered the Legend system which is on the mild side compared to their Redline kit.. Legend system is a deep growl, with zero drone and not overly obnoxious.. Finally a true dual exhaust that sounds great ?? I‘ll post sounds clips and pics once I get it installed.. Just want to give you guys a heads up on the best option available for the 7.3 IMO..

https://stainlessworks.net/2020-21-f-250-350-7-3l-catback/
This looks pretty sweet. I had a custom one built but never did get the tone I was looking for. I may be to lean this way.

Back