Smart Chargers

ramv

Tremor Addict
Joined
Apr 23, 2025
Messages
1,017
Reaction Points
1,408
Location
Tulsa
Current Ride #1
'26 F-350 Tremor 6.7HO
Current Ride #2
2007 KTM Super Enduro 950R
What are you running for smart/trickle
chargers hard mounted? I’ve normally been a battery tender guy but never hard mounted one. I got a water proof lithium one for my trailer.
 
I have a NOCO hard mounted under the hood ran to a bulkhead plug on the front of my bumper. They have a variety of sizes, depending on how many amps you want. I went overkill with:

NOCO GENPRO10X2 12V 20A 2-Bank​

But it is huge, so finding a spot to mount was very difficult. Most go with single bank or the smaller amperage.
 
NOCO genius GENPRO 10X1 for the win!

20260115_041443.webp

Screenshot_20261010_225448_Photos.webp
 
Noco 10A here, for a dual battery setup. You only need a 1X charger for both batteries. The batteries are in parallel and charge at the same rate with a single charger. The 2X charger will only use one of the outputs and the other will be idle; it's the way they are designed. It won't hurt anything, but one bank will not function when hooked in parallel and it will not put out 20A.

If you have two separate batteries, (not hooked in parallel. rather like in a boat using two batteries in series) then each battery will absorb 10A max.
 
Noco 10A here, for a dual battery setup. You only need a 1X charger for both batteries. The batteries are in parallel and charge at the same rate with a single charger. The 2X charger will only use one of the outputs and the other will be idle; it's the way they are designed. It won't hurt anything, but one bank will not function when hooked in parallel and it will not put out 20A.

If you have two separate batteries, (not hooked in parallel. rather like in a boat using two batteries in series) then each battery will absorb 10A max.
I agree. It works for me because I have a “house” battery for camping.
 
NOCO as well for me. I "hard mounted" to the top of the battery with double sided silicone tape. Clean and very secure, removeable with a no residue.
It's my go-to for mounting these kind of accessories because of ease of install without drilling holes. Also repositioning is always an option.
1791726965444.webp


1791727700144.webp

 
Back
Top Bottom