Rodent troubles!

erikswedberg

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F250 Tremor
Mice ate my '15 Tacoma's soy wiring harness to the tune of a $9k insurance bill. When I had to park my Tremor in the same location for a few months, I pulled out all the stops.

---

spray peppermint in engine bay on soy wiring, and underneath vehicle on wires, etc.

zip tie ultrasonic blinker thing near wiring harness

put snakes under parked vehicle

put peppermint bags around (these went in my camper)

Gunenthusiast

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
We had a problem once...put bait stations in the corners of the garage and refill them once a quarter...no issues since.
Agree with this! Same thing plus a spring and sticky trap made us go from catching a mouse a week to a mouse a year! They got my Porsche and wiring in my house, nests in every vehicle cabin air filter. It was war! Now we have bait stations on every outside wall of our house and garage. Inside we have a couple spring traps and sticky traps that rarely catch anything anymore.

RLB1313

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Military
Navy
Current Ride
2021 F150 Tremor
Just picked up the truck from local dealer for check engine light being on. P0455 and P0457 fuel vapor issue. Its under warranty so why not take it in! Freaking rodent damage to the fuel vapor line. Anyone have advice on how to keep rodents off the property? 1700.00 later I could kill every rat or rodent I see. Dealer provided pictures of damage and I agree it must have been some type of animal.
I watched a video that said Ford is using Soy based products in wiring and other areas for environmental reasons, this will certainly attract more rodents to your vehicle. I plan to ramp up my rodent measures to keep them out of my truck. There are some traps that electrocute vs. poison. Lots of owls and eagles where I live, so I want to stay away from poison.

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge