Rodd187 Build Thread

Was blessed to be able to head down south to visit a couple good friends and check out their new homes/cities and as a bonus, was able to complete the lock cylinder and lock pull delete along the way. I will complete the handle swap after I get it over to the paint shop.
IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

Just wanted to give an update on my Ikonic tailgate accent. The first design did not come out as I ordered it so this amazing company redesigned my order and sent me these two additional tailgate offerings. Again, I know this isn't for everyone but just wanted to let you know this company is amazing and customer service it top notch! 15% off coupon: JARROD51065
IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

Driver's Door Handle Swap Complete

Each of the MY22 handle covers have two tabs that must be pulled apart simultaneously to allow them to be separated from the handle. After pulling the tabs apart, the cover can simply be rotated outward without removing the handle itself. I completed the handle swap this evening after work in under a minute. I have a video of the swap but it is too large to add to the post.
IMG_0268.jpg

71452627733__59607604-3EB5-4764-A764-F10DC6C4E541.jpg

Each of the MY22 handle covers have two tabs that must be pulled apart simultaneously to allow them to be separated from the handle. After pulling the tabs apart, the cover can simply be rotated outward without removing the handle itself. I completed the handle swap this evening after work in under a minute. I have a video of the swap but it is too large to add to the post.
View attachment 128608
View attachment 128609
Will work on 20 thru 22.

View attachment 128608
View attachment 128609

Did you still pull the cylinder?

I like where you had the plug installed. Now to reprogram the autopilot so that putting it in/taking it out becomes automatic 😝
Thanks buddy, you are right about that. One more step to add to the routine!

I like where you had the plug installed.

Interesting that you say that. The installer on east coast, Chuck, one of the best in the their business, would not even consider that spot if you ask him. He’ll say no, not a good spot for the device. And for a food reason. I absolutely agree with him now after seeing this, but to each their own.

Interesting that you say that. The installer on east coast, Chuck, one of the best in the their business, would not even consider that spot if you ask him. He’ll say no, not a good spot for the device. And for a food reason. I absolutely agree with him now after seeing this, but to each their own.
I'm curious what that installers issue is with that location and yours? I think it's perfect. Easy to grab as you exit, and even easier to plug back in when you reenter. If it's because it's visible, that's another reason I like it in that location as a deterrent.

I would like to know his and your reasoning as well. This is the location I have seen them installed here in Texas and my reasons are the same as @Lunch Box.

1) It is easy to access when both entering and leaving. I feel if it hard to get to each time, it will become a chore and not utilized.

2) I like the grey and black contrast and the visual deterrent. I want anyone who is scoping the vehicle to take one look at the device along with the window sticker and move one. I would rather them see it first and not break a window as opposed to breaking the window simply to find that they can't start the vehicle.

Hardwired Radenso radar to upfitter switch, had my daughter cut out vinyl on her Cricket to cover up visor waring labels, placed tolltag on sunroof and covered it with electrical tape, placed overlay sticker on steering wheel emblem, jam handles, and placed stickers on upfitter switches.
View attachment 120270
View attachment 120271
View attachment 120272
View attachment 120273
View attachment 120274
View attachment 120275
Does your daughter have a file with the visor label sizes saved? I would like to cover mine as well, and can probably get my boss lady at work to cut me some with the cricket in her office, but I would want to make it easy for her if she was going to do it for me.

She actually just cut and sold a set to another forum member. She doesn't have a file to send but the dimensions that were used were 6.71" X 4.47" (x2) and then 4.5" x 3" (x1)

IMG_0335.jpg

She actually just cut and sold a set to another forum member. She doesn't have a file to send but the dimensions that were used were 6.71" X 4.47" (x2) and then 4.5" x 3" (x1)

View attachment 130514
How much does she sell them for? Im all for rewarding someone for figuring out how to make a good product.

Back