Receiver hitches?

If you are pulling 12k be sure and check the hitch spec's from the mfg website, I was surprised at how many high dollar ones were limited.

If you are pulling 12k be sure and check the hitch spec's from the mfg website, I was surprised at how many high dollar ones were limited.
With the B&W 2.5” shank you should be good for 12K on the 2 5/16s ball (14.5K rated, with 3” shank even more at 21K). Now most 2” balls are going to be limited to 7.5K rating since most trailers manufacturers jump to 2 5/16” coupler over 7.5 K. The Bulletproof and Curt are a few that offer a higher rated 2” ball if you need that but personally I would look at upgrading the trailers coupler to the 2 5/16” if running a 12K load.

I did the B&W 3" shank. Looks great. Heres my little video of it.

I got the B&W drop hitch and this Warn Epic D-ring with a a Factor 55 hitch receiver shackle mount for when I'm not towing. I've used these types of mounts a lot on my Jeep and quads, plus I think it looks cool. ?

Attachments

• 20210505_164500.jpg
    20210505_164500.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 20210505_164508.jpg
    20210505_164508.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 81
I have a 3 inch weigh safe 21k rated. WS8-3. 8 inch drop with built in scale. Very high quality hitch

Is a 9" drop gen-y or bw hitch too big to keep on truck at all times? I will not be doing any offroading or anything. I was just mildly concerned about speed bumps or coming out of parking lots with sloped curbs. 7.3 F250 Tremor

That's cool man, but that bed cover looks bad A$$!!
Looks like a diamondback cover. If so, that's what I'm wanting to get, so I can haul my ATV on it without losing bed storage.

Is a 9" drop gen-y or bw hitch too big to keep on truck at all times? I will not be doing any offroading or anything. I was just mildly concerned about speed bumps or coming out of parking lots with sloped curbs. 7.3 F250 Tremor

Given how expensive these hitches are I wouldn't and don't leave mine attached at all times. If you are running a tonneau then maybe consider dropping it in a tub in the back under cover. Even with locking pins the things are terribly hard to steal.

I went with a 6" drop Bulletproof and added a pintile tab. It ended up being slighting more expensive than the Gen Y Mega Duty with the same ratings. Shop around for all of these and you can find deals. I bought my hitch on eBay, basically mounted once and not used. Saved $200. Then found another site that I bought the pintile adapter from. They didn't charge tax, and shipped for free. Offer Up, other local market places are good to check to. And no I didn't buy a fake.

Given how expensive these hitches are I wouldn't and don't leave mine attached at all times

The Weighsafe I purchased breaks down quickly and I keep it in the box it came in under the rear seat. I don't tow everyday so this works for me...

Here’s my setup, standard B&W 6” drop hitch with a bulletproof hitches 2.5” Anti rattle clamp

Attachments

• Hitch 1.jpg
    Hitch 1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Hitch 2.jpg
    Hitch 2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 46
I'm looking to hear what most guys are running and if there's a reason why they went with the hitch receiver they chose. I'm not planning to lift my Tremor at all as it will remain most likely stock suspension. I want a heavy duty hitch for a stock 7.3l gas Tremor and while I have no plans to bumper pull 15k, I may in the future so I want to make sure the hitch is rated at a minimum to that amount. I also would prefer a 2.5" receiver that has a decent safety margin above that rating as I may use that in the future for another heavy duty truck. It would be nice if the hitch can handle a pintle attachment and for that reason I'm leaning towards a steel hitch. Unfortunately the B&W hitch in 2.5" doesn't have a 15k or more weight limit so that's off the table for now. If there was a 2.5" hitch that had great adjustability and safe for 20k or so that would be great.

Right now the 3 contenders that I can think of are:

Bullet Proof
Weight Safe Steel hitch
Gen-Y hitch (one thing I dont' like with this one is the limited amount of drop as it goes in 2.5" increments or so)

Any other quality hitch receivers you know of?

Last edited:
I'm looking to hear what most guys are running and if there's a reason why they went with the hitch receiver they chose. I'm not planning to lift my Tremor at all as it will remain most likely stock suspension. I want a heavy duty hitch for a stock 7.3l gas Tremor and while I have no plans to bumper pull 15k, I may in the future so I want to make sure the hitch is rated at a minimum to that amount. I also would prefer a 2.5" receiver that has a decent safety margin above that rating as I may use that in the future for another heavy duty truck. It would be nice if the hitch can handle a pintle attachment and for that reason I'm leaning towards a steel hitch. Unfortunately the B&W hitch in 2.5" doesn't have a 15k or more weight limit so that's off the table for now. If there was a 2.5" hitch that had great adjustability and safe for 20k or so that would be great.

Bullet Proof
Weight Safe Steel hitch
Gen-Y hitch (one thing I dont' like with this one is the limited amount of drop as it goes in 2.5" increments or so)

I thought all tremors had 3” recievers?

Ok thanks I didn’t take into consideration the gas vs diesel

Why steel instead of aluminum? Really like my aluminum weigh safe due to its weight and because it won't rust.

Bullet Proof
Weight Safe Steel hitch

I'm happy with my Bulletproof 6". 7" would be perfect for my utility trailer with the 8" I'd dig so much more.

Also if you have a weight-distribution hitch you buy the bulletproof adapter and use that now that release their new version that uses 4 pins.

That said, if I went with the others I'm sure I'd be just as happy and would be recommending those.

I got a B&W 2.5 inch, 7 in drop with 2 and 2 5/8 in balls for my 7.3 gasser. I haven't used it yet, but I'm happy with the setup.

I’m waiting on my black 2.5” weigh safe 10” drop to come in. My cousin has one for his tremor and it’s exceeded all our expectations.

Back