Receiver hitches?

6" is perfect you can mount up or down - so a lot a adjustment flexibility and no issues in up position clearning tailgate.
Amazon only had 1 weigh safe hitch in steel available but with an 8 inch drop so I chose that. If I need to chop an inch off or two I'll do just that.

6" is perfect you can mount up or down - so a lot a adjustment flexibility and no issues in up position clearning tailgate.
Good point on the up position. I know with a lift some need the 8", but it would be heartbreaking to find out the hard way that the tailgate will hit the hitch when in the up position with an 8" inverted. :eek:

Good point on the up position. I know with a lift some need the 8", but it would be heartbreaking to find out the hard way that the tailgate will hit the hitch when in the up position with an 8" inverted. :eek:
That would be a bad day :mad:

The link I posted on amazon was the steel version so it will work with the pintle attachment.
Sorry about that. I saw you were responding to the previous comment about his Aluminum choice and assumed you were doing the same.

The all steel is a real beast but you won't have to worry about anything.

Based on a previous comment a few minutes ago, make sure to check the inverted position for conflict with the tailgate opening. Would hate to find out the hard way. 🍻

Amazon only had 1 weigh safe hitch in steel available but with an 8 inch drop so I chose that. If I need to chop an inch off or two I'll do just that.
You are going to need a "big @$$" saw they are very sturdy! Most likely it will work fine for all your needs. Just remember if you go offroad and have it on there - flip it up so it doesn't drag - otherwise you might get some nasty unplanned braking!

You are going to need a "big @$$" saw they are very sturdy! Most likely it will work fine for all your needs. Just remember if you go offroad and have it on there - flip it up so it doesn't drag - otherwise you might get some nasty unplanned braking!
Don't worry I should be able to cut through it with my trusty milwaukee compact saw...

LOL I kid, I have an evolution chop saw 14" carbide steel blade that should cut through it pretty quickly and I'll finish it nicely with my belt sander. I have a decent garage full of tools, still need a CNC and waterjet....LOL one can hope.

Attachments

• Mini Saw.JPG
    Mini Saw.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 35
The thing I’ll emphasize since I’m not personally familiar with the Milwaukee boxes: make sure they can handle the weight. The case is heavy when it’s all together and it would suck to have the handle rip off.

Good thinking on the weight. The Milwaukee box I’m planning to try is rated for 75lbs. I bought the aluminum weigh safe (10” drop) so I’m pretty sure I’ll be ok with the weight.

Good thinking on the weight. The Milwaukee box I’m planning to try is rated for 75lbs. I bought the aluminum weigh safe (10” drop) so I’m pretty sure I’ll be ok with the weight.
Ah ok you're definitely good, then, with that rating and the aluminum. All-in my steel setup, including the weight of the pelican case, is 57 pounds. You'll probably be around 20 pounds lighter than that.

Ah ok you're definitely good, then, with that rating and the aluminum. All-in my steel setup, including the weight of the pelican case, is 57 pounds. You'll probably be around 20 pounds lighter than that.

I got my Weigh-Safe 2.5” x 10” drop delivered today. This thing is a piece of artwork. I got the 2-5/16”, 2”, & 1-7/8 balls so I’m good for any tow.

Just waiting on the Kaizen Foam to get here so I can start tracing & cutting.

Attachments

• 0542F2B0-9791-49BD-BDD7-B422EB58F6CA.jpeg
    0542F2B0-9791-49BD-BDD7-B422EB58F6CA.jpeg
    312.8 KB · Views: 61
  • C7DDFB92-3368-4808-B48E-137CC52AD1A4.jpeg
    C7DDFB92-3368-4808-B48E-137CC52AD1A4.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 59
Oddly weigh safe still doesn’t make a 3” steel hitch yet. Would’ve got steel instead of my aluminum one otherwise.

Oddly weigh safe still doesn’t make a 3” steel hitch yet. Would’ve got steel instead of my aluminum one otherwise.
Ya I noticed that when I was shopping for my hitch. Didn't need a 3", but still strange not seeing it in the list of options for the steel ones.

I got my Weigh-Safe 2.5” x 10” drop delivered today. This thing is a piece of artwork. I got the 2-5/16”, 2”, & 1-7/8 balls so I’m good for any tow.

Awesome!! Ya they really do a great job building them.

Any reason for the 10" drop instead of the normal 8"?

Gonna pick up a B&W 3", 7.5" tri-ball hitch. Will be towing an Intech Discover (20" ball height, GVWR 5200lbs) and a 7x14 utility for motorcycles and whatnots. Was going to get the 4.5" as that should work with a 20" ball height, but the utility trailer would be tilted. Hopefully no to little drag, but we shall see. Thought about doing the 2.5", 7" hitch, but it came down to .5 in vs using a reducer and increased rattle.

Was going to get a weigh safe, but I'll never come close to max tongue weight on the F350 6.7 any time soon.

Was not going to do the tri-ball, but will need the 1-7'8" if I ever want to rent/buy a chipper.

Gonna pick up a B&W 3", 7.5" tri-ball hitch. Will be towing an Intech Discover (20" ball height, GVWR 5200lbs) and a 7x14 utility for motorcycles and whatnots. Was going to get the 4.5" as that should work with a 20" ball height, but the utility trailer would be tilted. Hopefully no to little drag, but we shall see. Thought about doing the 2.5", 7" hitch, but it came down to .5 in vs using a reducer and increased rattle.

Was going to get a weigh safe, but I'll never come close to max tongue weight on the F350 6.7 any time soon.

Was not going to do the tri-ball, but will need the 1-7'8" if I ever want to rent/buy a chipper.
Sounds like you've thought it out well. We each have specific needs and that's what counts. 🍻

Edit: I had a unique situation a couple weeks ago when a friend needed me to pull his new travel trailer from the dealership to his storage location. His truck wasn't delivered yet and he was in a pinch because of it.

I was really glad for the WeighSafe on that occasion because this was an unfamiliar trailer and was pretty large at 36' and triple slides. Once hooked up and I could read the tongue weight and the trailer weight posted on the spec plate of the trailer I knew I was in good shape and the 50 mile pull was a breeze.

For everyday normal pulling I'll probably not put the WeighSafe scale to much use but it was awesome in that situation.

Last edited:
Back