Power Pressure Washer For Cleaning The Tremor

I'm pretty much a pressure rinse (my hoses connect to the same water supply I have in the house which is purified and softened, so leaves less spots), pressure foam cannon, give it a wipe down with a mitt, pressure rinse, chammy dry. Rims get sprayed with chemical guys rim cleaner and brushed before all of the above. This takes me about 15 - 20 minutes.
You might be the fastest car washer around lol. 15-20 minutes? I can't even complete a wash and dry on the wifes compact SUV in the little time.

Just spraying the truck off, spraying wheel cleaner on, and then brushing each wheel eats up over 10 minutes. That leaves 10 minutes to wash and dry the entire exterior of the truck. Impressive.

My wash is slightly different in that I use buckets, so additional time dipping the wash pad. Aside from that, not much different but it easily takes me 2 hours. Add a spray sealant and exterior glass, just about 3 hours is my average for this monster. And I'm moving non stop.

What are you guys using for wheel cleaner that does a good job on getting rid of the brake dust?

I have a ceramic coat, that I did myself. Nothing really sticks to the paint and it’s easy to clean. Even though I ceramic coated the truck, I still wax and seal the paint once a year (because I’m very particular and enjoy doing it). My truck is dirty now, but if I walked out with a garden hose the grime would pretty much all wash away with just water… ceramic really works. Don’t let the dealer charge $1000 or more for something you can do easily for well under $200.

I also ceramic coated my entire boat, no grime sticks to it
Exactly. It’s not hard to do yourself, it’s just a time consuming process with multiple prepping steps. I do 2 coats on each panel. Cquartz is only around $80 a bottle. You can do your truck twice.

You might be the fastest car washer around lol. 15-20 minutes? I can't even complete a wash and dry on the wifes compact SUV in the little time.

Just spraying the truck off, spraying wheel cleaner on, and then brushing each wheel eats up over 10 minutes. That leaves 10 minutes to wash and dry the entire exterior of the truck. Impressive.

My wash is slightly different in that I use buckets, so additional time dipping the wash pad. Aside from that, not much different but it easily takes me 2 hours. Add a spray sealant and exterior glass, just about 3 hours is my average for this monster. And I'm moving non stop.
lol... our cars don't get too dirty and one is parked in the garage, so we spend more time cleaning dog slobber off windows and vacuuming up copious amounts of dog hair (German Shephard owner problems). Out of college, I worked for Enterprise rent-a-car and you get real good at giving a car a basic wash in a few minutes. Wearing a shirt and tie washing a car wasn't fun, especially in the winter months, but doing dozens of them a day for a few years, you get pretty fast at it. In full transparency, the wife also helps, so we'll rise, soap, give it a quick scrub with the mitts, rise and dry one of our cars pretty quickly.

I had mine ceramic coated and use my pressure washer with upstream injection for the ceramic cleaner turning the pressure down, then hand wash the residue. Rinse with pressure washer. No problem. Atlas Blue dances in the sun.

Attachments

• mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    316.6 KB · Views: 12
I either take my truck to the self-serve car wash or wash it at home. Either way it’s high pressure rinse, high pressure soap/foam cannon, scrub with a brush on a stick, high pressure rinse and done.

Do that…whenever I feel like it or it’s particularly dirty?

Once a year I take my truck in for a full professional detail and pay someone to go over it with a fine tooth comb.

So ya, add another to the “not meticulous” crowd lol.

For brake dust, I mix SIMPLE GREEN with a little Dawn dish soap in a and 50% water in a spray bottle. Works wonders and no harsh/poisonous chemicals.

I wouldn't pressure wash the paint at all. Underneath is okay, but stay away from grease and oil seals (ends of driveshafts, axle shafts, etc).

For a truck, you don't need much pressure. A portable electric plug in one from costco works fine. Say 1000psi. Now if you want to really power wash stuff like driveways, sidewalks, siding, tile roofs and want quality- you want 3000+ psi. Look for a Honda engine and Cat water pump. Northern Tool sells their house brand power washers with those feature for cheaper than pretty much anywhere else.

I wouldn't pressure wash the paint at all. Underneath is okay, but stay away from grease and oil seals (ends of driveshafts, axle shafts, etc).

For a truck, you don't need much pressure. A portable electric plug in one from costco works fine. Say 1000psi. Now if you want to really power wash stuff like driveways, sidewalks, siding, tile roofs and want quality- you want 3000+ psi. Look for a Honda engine and Cat water pump. Northern Tool sells their house brand power washers with those feature for cheaper than pretty much anywhere else.
I want to clarify what you're saying, because you kind of contradicted yourself.

You're saying for washing the truck it's OK to use a pressure washer that isn't super high pressure? Because that's always been my impression.

For example, when I said "high pressure" in my post above, I was talking greater than hose pressure but not the 3000+ psi example you linked to for driveways and other heavier duty applications.

I want to clarify what you're saying, because you kind of contradicted yourself.

You're saying for washing the truck it's OK to use a pressure washer that isn't super high pressure? Because that's always been my impression.

For example, when I said "high pressure" in my post above, I was talking greater than hose pressure but not the 3000+ psi example you linked to for driveways and other heavier duty applications.
That’s what I got from it. That’s why I got my craftsman electric 1500psi and I use the white tip to wash.

Reactions: ccw
Back