Power Pressure Washer For Cleaning The Tremor

Old thread but I have a gas unit just for outside work,
I would never use it on a car.

I use a" Spyder" electric with large caster wheels on each end. Always use the "green" tip or Chemical Guys foam cannon.

I purchased the 3 year extended warranty with it and they seem to never last more than two years but I keep getting new ones every other year so it works for me.
Spyder Home depot

Much easier to wash your Tremor with an electric than a gas even though there is the power cord.

The green tip is not too much power to damage paint but does enough to get your finish ready for soap.

Best addition is the Chemical Guys foam cannon. That makes so much foam on just a little bit of soap. Really makes washing a large vehicle easy. Plus in winter you can blast suds under your truck.

I bought this electric pressure washer from Harbor Freight last spring, mainly for washing our dirt bikes. We wash them after every ride, and dealing with the Craftsman gas powered unit every few days was a hassle.

This unit has been used a LOT, has been great, has really good pressure and is easy to use. I’d for sure recommend it.

https://www.harborfreight.com/lawn-...rformance-electric-pressure-washer-56877.html

I got sick of dealing with my gas pressure washer and decided to go electric. I read really deep into this before Thanksgiving and placed a big order on Black Friday.

Obsessed Garage Youtube channel has some good honest info, but you need to be patient enough to listen to his arrogant ramblings to get to the good info. There is plenty of other good reading / listening out there too.

Most of the $200-ish electric machines are supposedly good for 50 hours before they will die. No serviceable. It's disposable.

I ended up with the AR Blue Clean 630-HOT-TSS https://www.arnorthamerica.com/prod...30-hot-power-washer/ar-blue-clean-ar630tsshot. It has good pressure AND good flow, is supposedly very good quality that will last, is fairly quiet, and at a pricepoint in between the disposable junk and the $$$ Kranzle German machines. I ditched the factory hose and went with 75' of MTM hose and a nice Cox hose reel so it's easy to get out and put away.
Highly recommended watching and reading all of Matt’s reviews on all of the pressure washers he has tested. I think he tested 30 or more different ones. There is a lot of great info there. Bare in mind, he is all about finding the best product period which gets expensive. He does recommend some cheaper options. Of all the ones I researched I needed up with the Kranzle K1122TST, which is his top recommended pressure washer. Obviously it’s over kill and not what 99% of us needs. But I wanted quality.

SUN JOE SPX2599-MAX paid $130 + $15 for a 3 year warranty from samsclub works great for me
It includes a foam canon that works good. I've owned the power washer about 7 months and over the weekend noticed that both O-rings for the hose had cracked. Emailed Sunjoe support and I should have 2 new sets of O-rings arriving on Thursday. Pressure is good, hose and power cord are decent length (specs below). This was originally purchased for cleaning the driveway, bricks on the house and stripping paint but now that I have "The Beast" it has a new purpose. It also comes with a brush adapter that works great cleaning the floor mats, bed cover and golf cart. I figure the power washer will probably die with as much as I will now be using it but with the extended warranty I feel comfortable with the purchase.
specs:
13A motor
Max Pressure: 2,080 PSI
Max Flow: 1.65 GPM
Weight: 15.8 lbs.
Onboard 1-liter foam canon
(3) onboard Quick Connect nozzles 0º, 15º, and 40º
20-foot steel-reinforced high-pressure hose
onboard 1-liter foam cannon
35-foot power cord with built-in GFCI
2 Years Warranty

I have the Karcher K5 2000 psi electric. Does everything I need, including a quick release Karcher foam gun attachment.
1643185734579.png
1643185782447.png

I really like wall mount pressure washers, I own and recommend this one:

1643206872816.png

I have this mounted on the attached garage wall near the overhead door and I have a garden hose reel there as well - works really well if you have water in your garage. Having it wall mounted removes all the hassle of taking it out, setting it up and putting it away when you're done, it's super convenient. Pull the hose out the door, wash and then roll it up.

This one is 1.5HP with 1500psi / 1.6gpm (these are real numbers not like the inflated numbers of those rinky-dink electric units from Karcher and Sunjoe use) - and it's the limit of a 15A circuit.

The huge issue I have with the small electric ones like Karcher or Sunjoe is their duty cycle, if you read the manual it probably says it can be used for 5-10mins out of a hour, if you start running them longer they fail. I had a "nicer" Karcher one and tried to pressure wash my deck boards and the PLASTIC pump inside just split open. They're never economical to repair so just a bunch more plastic in the landfill. The one I posted above has a proper motor and a fully metal oil-lubricated pump. That allows them to be run for much longer periods. The small electric ones also can lack the flow required to operate some implements like foam cannons etc.

I really like wall mount pressure washers, I own and recommend this one:

View attachment 45019

I have this mounted on the attached garage wall near the overhead door and I have a garden hose reel there as well - works really well if you have water in your garage. Having it wall mounted removes all the hassle of taking it out, setting it up and putting it away when you're done, it's super convenient. Pull the hose out the door, wash and then roll it up.

This one is 1.5HP with 1500psi / 1.6gpm (these are real numbers not like the inflated numbers of those rinky-dink electric units from Karcher and Sunjoe use) - and it's the limit of a 15A circuit.

The huge issue I have with the small electric ones like Karcher or Sunjoe is their duty cycle, if you read the manual it probably says it can be used for 5-10mins out of a hour, if you start running them longer they fail. I had a "nicer" Karcher one and tried to pressure wash my deck boards and the PLASTIC pump inside just split open. They're never economical to repair so just a bunch more plastic in the landfill. The one I posted above has a proper motor and a fully metal oil-lubricated pump. That allows them to be run for much longer periods. The small electric ones also can lack the flow required to operate some implements like foam cannons etc.
That is an awesome unit. but at $1,200 bucks I can purchase a new "Spyder" from Home Depot ( $149.99 plus $34.99 for 3 year warranty) for the next 18 years.
I have over two years on my current Spyder and will "cash it" in for a new one soon. When that one dies will have to start over..
Love the idea of a wall mount in my shop!

That is an awesome unit. but at $1,200 bucks I can purchase a new "Spyder" from Home Depot ( $149.99 plus $34.99 for 3 year warranty) for the next 18 years.
I have over two years on my current Spyder and will "cash it" in for a new one soon. When that one dies will have to start over..
Love the idea of a wall mount in my shop!
Yeah $1200 is way too much, sounds like a bogus website MSRP to make their distributors seem to have awesome prices.

I remember paying ~$650 CDN back in 2014. Has been working beautifully for 8 years now.

I have a John Deere pressure washer with a Honda engine. It's rated at 2600 PSI. I'm kind of afraid to use it. Do you think 2600 PSI would be too much?
I was always afraid to use my Subaru Powerstroke 3100 PSI on vehicles. Bought a Ryobi Electric, tried it for over an hour and it wouldn't take dirt off my truck that I felt a regular hose should have.
Fired up my gas pressure washer and went at it - no issues. Just followed regular pressure washing precautions - don't get it too close and test on an inconspicuous area first. Also I figure if I've been using it on the vinyl siding on my house with no issues then a vehicle should be fine.
Will still be afraid to use the gas pressure washer on my new spendy truck though when it comes in.

I have a John Deere pressure washer with a Honda engine. It's rated at 2600 PSI. I'm kind of afraid to use it. Do you think 2600 PSI would be too much?
Keep a reasonable distance away and use a 40 degree nozzle and you'll be fine. If you put on a 0 degree nozzle and get an inch away, it'll peel paint. As will a pressure washer with half that pressure.

I was always afraid to use my Subaru Powerstroke 3100 PSI on vehicles. Bought a Ryobi Electric, tried it for over an hour and it wouldn't take dirt off my truck that I felt a regular hose should have.
Fired up my gas pressure washer and went at it - no issues. Just followed regular pressure washing precautions - don't get it too close and test on an inconspicuous area first. Also I figure if I've been using it on the vinyl siding on my house with no issues then a vehicle should be fine.
Will still be afraid to use the gas pressure washer on my new spendy truck though when it comes in.
I've had the same issue. I have an electric pressure washer rated at 1600 PSI and it just doesn't get the job done.

My Craftsman has been perfect for years.
I had my electric craftsman PW for about 10 years, worked great until it didn't. I recently purchased a new electric PW from Adam's Polishes and it works amazing, way more water volume and slightly more pressure than my previous PW. I take my Raptor off-road and it has enough power to clean the undercarriage really well, I would definitely recommend.

The Karcher & Sun Joe are also good options, but IMO the Adam's PW seem to have better water volume.

I've got a variable pressure Generac unit from Menards. Certainly not the bees-knees of pressure washers, but it does perfectly fine for washing vehicles and most other things. I've never had a problem with it. My wife and teen-aged daughters use it occasionally without issue. We just keep the instruction manual in a mesh bag tied to the frame by the handle. It's pretty easy, and has served us well for a few years now.

I'm sure I don't need to say it, but... Online reviews need to be taken with a healthy dose of reader beware. In my opinion, most people who have even a minor problem are really quick to hop online and complain about anything. Or they bought something that didn't meet their needs, and blame the product. Or they broke it, didn't put it together right, modified it beyond it's design limit, or didn't follow instructions - and then knock the product. True, there are bad products that deserve bad reviews, but those are the exception in my observations, not the norm.

Conversely, most people who are satisfied don't bother to post reviews. Again, just my opinion. I've tried to make it a point to write positive reviews, when earned. But even with this in the forefront of my mind, I sometimes just don't get to it. That, and Amazon blocked me from writing reviews. Because I did write one bad one. It was bad. Earned, but bad. So, I'm blocked.
I think I have that same Generac pressure washer ("OneWash" IIRC). I've had it for probably 6-7 years now and it's worked well in spite of me not always treating it very nicely.

If all you're going to do is wash your truck, an inexpensive electric pressure washer will be plenty powerful enough for that.

A long time ago, my parents bought me one of those Mr Clean car washing systems as a birthday present. It had a special sprayer that filtered and deionized the rinse water. I wish I still had that thing (a piece of it broke and I got rid of it) because it worked really well in that you didn't have to manually dry your vehicle when you were done washing it. The water would just dry without leaving spots. There are other setups out there now that you can buy that do the same thing, but they are more expensive than I remember the Mr Clean kit costing. Still, they are less expensive than most pressure washers. Hey, maybe get both! Who wants to have to hand dry an 8,000 lb truck? I don't own enough towels an chamois for that.

1643220707913.png

-SR-

I had my electric craftsman PW for about 10 years, worked great until it didn't. I recently purchased a new electric PW from Adam's Polishes and it works amazing, way more water volume and slightly more pressure than my previous PW. I take my Raptor off-road and it has enough power to clean the undercarriage really well, I would definitely recommend.

The Karcher & Sun Joe are also good options, but IMO the Adam's PW seem to have better water volume.

I like the Adam's cleaning products and use there iron decon all the time.

That pressure washer looks nice for cars. I like the snub nose.

Seems like home electric power washers are disposable, if you can get more than 4 years out of them you are making money

Its not the psi, as it is what tip you use. I wouldn't use a tip under a 25 deg. spray pattern, especially on paint/decals, etc.

Hey ladies and gents! I'm in the market for a pressure washer. What are y'all using on your vehicles? Does it need to be under a certain pressure to be used on the car paint? What wash/wax/cleaner are you using? Favorite foam gun? Brands? I'm a noob when it comes to pressure washing a car. But I ain't taking my truck through a car wash. Thanks!

Hey ladies and gents! I'm in the market for a pressure washer. What are y'all using on your vehicles? Does it need to be under a certain pressure to be used on the car paint? What wash/wax/cleaner are you using? Favorite foam gun? Brands? I'm a noob when it comes to pressure washing a car. But I ain't taking my truck through a car wash. Thanks!
I never use a pressure washer on a vehicle.… ever! I use the 2 bucket method with grit guards. For soap I use chemical guys citrus wash and gloss with a chemical guys foam cannon. I top coat my truck at each wash with chemical guys bannan spray wax. Once a year I’ll wax my truck with collinite 945 and top coat it with chemical guys ceramic gel for a sealant. I have no swirls and the truck is a deep blue and looks better than new.

Latest Discussions

Back