Pompey’s 2024 Plenty Highway Trip.

I have the "residential" at my house. I'm thinking about the ROAM for my soon to be purchased camper. Don't know if it's worth getting the one you can use while moving or not. The monthly service is a bit higher so i'm leaning toward not.

I have the "residential" at my house. I'm thinking about the ROAM for my soon to be purchased camper. Don't know if it's worth getting the one you can use while moving or not. The monthly service is a bit higher so i'm leaning toward not.
You only have to pay when using it on a per month basis. When your trip is over, just let them know and you pay nothing until you go away again.

that’s great if you do. I’m just a but confused about the but about “down” there. I checked the map so I’m a bit confused. In any case, you’re welcome to come up here and check the place out. 😁
View attachment 152840
Did you mean your just a bit confused about the butt?

Did you mean your just a bit confused about the butt?

tc6C0.jpeg

Double points since Nemo took place up there.

that’s great if you do. I’m just a but confused about the but about “down” there. I checked the map so I’m a bit confused. In any case, you’re welcome to come up here and check the place out. 😁
View attachment 152840
North is up and south is down. I couldn't find a compass rose on your map but I don't believe those change as you go around the globe.

Either way it's on the list.

North is up and south is down. I couldn't find a compass rose on your map but I don't believe those change as you go around the globe.

Either way it's on the list.
Everytime I go down, it goes north 🤪

This map outlines the rough route I’ll be taking on the Plenty Hwy Trip (red) and Great Barrier Reef Trip (blue). However, before I do either I’m off to Sydney for a week or so. I’ve inverted the map to make it easier to read.😜
IMG_2247.jpeg

How's the trip brother!? You can still make the Vegas meet if you really wanted to, just sayin' 🤪

How's the trip brother!? You can still make the Vegas meet if you really wanted to, just sayin' 🤪
I’m heading off to Sydney in the morning.

We could always meet instead at the Walkabout Creek hotel. You may have heard of it.

Sweet! Post some pics.

Oh yes, Walkabout Creek hotel. Been there many times 🤣

Sweet! Post some pics.

Oh yes, Walkabout Creek hotel. Been there many times 🤣
This time tomorrow night I will be in the “Country Music Capital” of Tamworth. The next day is ANZAC Day, Normally that’s a day I’d be observing it by either going to the dawn service, gunfire breakfast or watching or being in the march. It’s the most revered day of the year, and observed all through Australia and New Zealand, as well as at Gallipolli in Turkey, Villers Bretenneaux in France and on the Kokoda Track in PNG. Actually, it’s observed in a number of places in France where Australian troops liberated towns on the Western Front in The Great War.

IMG_0634.jpeg

We’ve got a home version mounted in a Starmount on the roof of our camper. It works 100% on the highway no matter what speed. As mentioned it’s $150/mth but you turn it off when you don’t need it. 1000000% would recommend.

I spent quite a bit of time in East Australia. A LOT along your GBR trip route. If you get up near Port Douglas, there’s a crocodile place (Hartley’s or Harlan, something like that) we went to on a down day. Seemed sort of touristy/cheesy when we pulled in, but we ended up loving it and got a lot of laughs and saw some amazing crocs. Lots of great restaurants up that way (well, all over the place, really). Beautiful area up there. Enjoy the trip and here’s to safe travels for you.

This time tomorrow night I will be in the “Country Music Capital” of Tamworth. The next day is ANZAC Day, Normally that’s a day I’d be observing it by either going to the dawn service, gunfire breakfast or watching or being in the march. It’s the most revered day of the year, and observed all through Australia and New Zealand, as well as at Gallipolli in Turkey, Villers Bretenneaux in France and on the Kokoda Track in PNG. Actually, it’s observed in a number of places in France where Australian troops liberated towns on the Western Front in The Great War.
Very nice! As it happens it coincides with my birthday... This is the equivalent of our "Memorial Day" here in the states I believe.

I’ve run into a bit of a problem with this Plenty Hwy Trip. The second spare tyre I ordered in December won’t arrive until after I leave. I may have to pickup a different tyre altogether. I’ve never been a fan of Yokohama’s off road tyres, but now it seems I’ll have no choice. It’s the only brand offering an off road 285\75 18 129 tyre.

Damn this is cool ! Subscribing now

Pretty cool that Starlink allows you to start/stop services now as well. They use to disallow that and would blacklist your equipment from being reregistered under your name.

I’ve run into a bit of a problem with this Plenty Hwy Trip. The second spare tyre I ordered in December won’t arrive until after I leave. I may have to pickup a different tyre altogether. I’ve never been a fan of Yokohama’s off road tyres, but now it seems I’ll have no choice. It’s the only brand offering an off road 285\75 18 129 tyre.
Hopefully it remains a spare the whole trip.

I won't say they're the best tire, but Yokohamas aren't the worst either. I think you'll be fine. Especially if it's the spare. That said, why is it taking 4 months to get a tire? Are they whittling it from straw?

Hopefully it remains a spare the whole trip.

I won't say they're the best tire, but Yokohamas aren't the worst either. I think you'll be fine. Especially if it's the spare. That said, why is it taking 4 months to get a tire? Are they whittling it from straw?
They don’t carry that size as a stock line, so it’s a special order. I paid for it in December, and they ordered it mid February. I think they forgot to order it until I did a follow up. Now the ship has been delayed due to who knows what.

Back