Pompey’s 2024 Plenty Highway Trip.

Someone said they wanted photos of Sydney. Went out for dinner in town this evening. Nice view of the harbour from where I was sitting.
IMG_3272.jpeg
IMG_3278.jpeg
IMG_3269.jpeg
IMG_3268.jpeg
IMG_3270.jpeg

For some reason that doesn't appear on my bucket list. 🤷‍♂️
Might not be on the bucket list, but take the woman sit back drink a few beers and surf on your phone and when you get back to the hotel room prepare to get you ass kicked.

This time next week I should have pulled up on the first night of the trip. In the meantime, I’ve added the Push To Talk (PTT) to the CB. A separate module is connected to the microphone inlet socket, with microphone plugging into the module. A separate microphone mounted on the A pillar also connects into the module.

The PTT button is mounted on the steering wheel. It’s connected via Bluetooth to the module. Simply press the button and the microphone on the A pillar comes to life. The original microphone can also still be used.

You can also connect via Bluetooth ear pods, headsets or, in my case, the in car stereo. So you can hear incoming transmissions in that way if you choose. I first cobbled together a system years ago on my old car to let me do that, but up until now it couldn’t be done. I asked GME to design such a system and finally they have.

I am yet to try any of this out, so hopefully it all works as I expect.
IMG_3348.jpeg
IMG_3349.jpeg

Back