onboard air?

skey350

Tremor Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction Points
7
Location
New York
Current Ride #1
2021 F250 Tremor
Good morning all....I love my 2021 F250 Tremor. I purchased a Viair onboard air system last year that I want to have installed before I get it woolwaxed for this coming winter. The kit I bought is Viair X'treme Onboard air system, which has 2- 100% duty at 100 psi compressors and a 2 gallon air tank. Going to have him run a horn off this as well. I know some of the upfitter switches have more power than others? Is there a punch list of "must do" when installing this? My mechanic is a Ford guy that has done lots of upgrades, etc...but, I figured there are some of you out there that would have more experience or wish they did it differently? I was thinking having the fill connect placed inside the bed for protection from the elements and for convenience of using tools on the tailgate? Is there something else I should have him run to the back while he is doing this work? Power at the back?
 
I ran a 12v power distribution to the back near where my air distribution is mounted. I used manual analog regulators for air bag control and tire inflation connection. Also a connection with straight system pressure. All this mounted to my Built Right panel on the right rear.
1790698348890.webp

The power block supplies fused connections for the air bag control system and a condensation drain on the bottom of my air tank. There’s four additional fused open connections for future needs in the bed of the truck.
 
Last edited:
Most compressors will require a separate inline 40 amp fuse that is tied directly to the battery. Again, most will have a separate trigger wire tied to an internal relay that goes to the switch/upfitter. This is a low amp draw, so you can use any upfitter for this.
 
I have mine installed above the spare tire mount. Have an air coupler ran into the side of the truck in the fuel/def fill area so the coupler is unseen. Runs my airbags also. I used upfitter 6 but mine has relays and stuff so it didn’t need that much on the upfitter side, but I just liked that switch from a position standpoint
 
Back
Top Bottom