New wanna be saying hi

CobraCamper

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Good morning!
Been lurking for over a year and finally joined up. I have a 2022 7.3 Lariat in production and it is a non-Tremor (I know, I know). However, there is no better forum for 2020+ super duties on the internet hands down! I’ve borrowed a lot of information from you all on this site so thank you all.

I came extremely close to ordering a Tremor but, because my off road use is very mild relatively speaking and I tow a lot, we ended up going regular. However, over time I intend to beef up suspension, tires, etc. to create a middle ground between normal SD and Tremor. There were a few things I really wanted from the factory that were not available (camper package and extended running boards) plus I have DIY upgrades suspension on every vehicle we own.

Thanks for humoring the long first post and for allowing us non-Tremor peasants to borrow all the knowledge!

Welcome to the forum! I agree its the best forum for SD because of this we will keep the non-tremor bashing to a minimum. Kidding I believe there are a few non tremor members on here as well.

Here’s the sticker for those curious on the build. First attempt with the pdf wasn’t working right for me so trying this
AE696135-93B5-4873-A9E7-8EA491922E88.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and we won’t bust your balls too bad for not getting a Tremor. Besides, everyone can’t be one of the “cool kids.” 🤣👊🏼🍻

One thing I don't understand is why you said in your post that you didn't order a Tremor because of weight limitations and then turn around and order a 250 with the fifth wheel prep package. I have a gooseneck flatbed with a pin weight of 1860 lbs before I even load it. If you're truly concerned about capacity and you're going to be towing any amount of weight at all, you need to step up to a 350.
I've been moving from California to Missouri for the last 2 months and have made 3 trips already. It's amazing to me how fast the weight adds up and I'm at max capacity, even with a 350.

Last edited:
One thing I don't understand is why you said in your post that you didn't order a Tremor because of weight limitations and then turn around and order a 250 with the fifth wheel prep package. I have a gooseneck flatbed with a pin weight of 1860 lbs before I even load it. If you're truly concerned about capacity and you're going to be towing any amount of weight at all, you need to step up to a 350.
I've been moving from California to Missouri for the last 2 months and have made 3 trips already. It's amazing to me how fast the weight adds up and I'm at max capacity, even with a 350.

sorry wasn’t clear, weight isn’t my main concern. I wanted camper package (sway bar) and extended running boards. I’m just looking for the next step up from my current F150 for our camper and boat

Good morning!
Been lurking for over a year and finally joined up. I have a 2022 7.3 Lariat in production and it is a non-Tremor (I know, I know). However, there is no better forum for 2020+ super duties on the internet hands down! I’ve borrowed a lot of information from you all on this site so thank you all.

I came extremely close to ordering a Tremor but, because my off road use is very mild relatively speaking and I tow a lot, we ended up going regular. However, over time I intend to beef up suspension, tires, etc. to create a middle ground between normal SD and Tremor. There were a few things I really wanted from the factory that were not available (camper package and extended running boards) plus I have DIY upgrades suspension on every vehicle we own.

Thanks for humoring the long first post and for allowing us non-Tremor peasants to borrow all the knowledge!
Welcome to the forum @CobraCamper - Congrats on the order (even if it's not a Tremor)

sorry wasn’t clear, weight isn’t my main concern. I wanted camper package (sway bar) and extended running boards. I’m just looking for the next step up from my current F150 for our camper and boat
Makes sense. Just be careful if hooked up to a 5th wheel. Your axle weight will creep up on you really quick. I've been around trucking all my life and it amazes me how quickly home goods and supplies add up in weight.

Makes sense. Just be careful if hooked up to a 5th wheel. Your axle weight will creep up on you really quick. I've been around trucking all my life and it amazes me how quickly home goods and supplies add up in weight.
Yeah got 5th wheel prep as a just in case. We have a TT now and no plans to upgrade atm.

Welcome. I will have a non tremor also but i hope the guys will let me tag along once in awhile
Haha glad we’re in the same boat!

mods planned, for those curious:
Access Lorado (I like full access to the bed and my current roll up has served me well)
LineX
F150Leds.com rear cube lights (upfitter)
20” front light bar, likely a nilight (borrowed from thread on this site)
Husky floor mats & mud flaps, both of which have performed superbly on my current F150
ARB on board air. Largest tire I’d ever realistically go with is a 295/70r18. Leaning the CKMA12 model. Should be sufficient for my needs with no offroad air downs.
Window Tint
Adjustable hitch - leaning Bulletproof. Shopping B&W and Weigh Safe as well.

Haha glad we’re in the same boat!

mods planned, for those curious:
Access Lorado (I like full access to the bed and my current roll up has served me well)
LineX
F150Leds.com rear cube lights (upfitter)
20” front light bar, likely a nilight (borrowed from thread on this site)
Husky floor mats & mud flaps, both of which have performed superbly on my current F150
ARB on board air. Largest tire I’d ever realistically go with is a 295/70r18. Leaning the CKMA12 model. Should be sufficient for my needs with no offroad air downs.
Window Tint
Adjustable hitch - leaning Bulletproof. Shopping B&W and Weigh Safe as well.
Hate line X since they stepped on my bumper to spray because footprints were on it then denied it....go with the ford spray in if you can still

Back