New Member from Tallahassee FL area

LDHunter

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2019 Raptor
Hi... I'm new to this forum but not Ford trucks having had quite a few in my many years of fun on this earth.

My most recent is a 2019 Raptor which I loved but it was more of a personal transportation vehicle and something to show off rather than a sho nuff big ole bad a$$ truck so it's recently gone and I'm trying to decide between a Tremor or a King Ranch FX4. It'll probably be the Tremor if I can get the features I want such as a Platinum Package or King Ranch Package. The Raptor spoiled me for all the luxury features but my Ford dealer gave me every penny of my purchase price back to get it back so I'm on the prowl... ;)

If anyone is in the Tallahassee area that currently has a Tremor is willing I'll gladly buy them some gas/diesel and lunch if they'd take me for a ride and give me a talk about what they do and don't like about their Tremor.

By the way... I'm still undecided between the 6.7 and the 7.3 so input regarding that is welcome too.

Welcome, 6.7l all the way, the torque all day is addicting.

Welcome to the forum @LDHunter 🍻 Here are some good threads that might help you:

I went with the 6.7l because I do a lot of towing and the Tremor has become my adventure vehicle. I love the power and range it has.

I would have gone with the 7.3l as a daily driver.

Hope that helps some! It's a tough decision. I went back and forth for months!

I'm a pretty good distance from you in the Mobile, AL area but I have a 2022 F-350 King Ranch Ultimate package Tremor with 6.7 powerstroke. I have no complaints so far.

Wow.... Thanks for the great input guys... I'm prolly gonna order a Platinum F250 7.3 Tremor in the next few weeks if they'll build it in less than 6 months. I also want the factory winch. I'm leaning toward Lucid Red Pearl (sounds gay doesn't it?) or Antimatter Blue.

The Ultimate Trailer Towing Package sounds intriguing but haven't read a price for it yet.

Also a YouTube video of a white Platinum Tremor didn't show a factory bedliner which I would want for sure.

I'd want the 10spd tranny which I believe is standard with the 7.3 and I don't want a gearing like 4.10... I'm thinking 3.73 or similar if available since I won't tow much and if so it probably won't be immensely heavy.

But.... The fat lady didn't sing yet... ;)

I'm still considering options and extras.

NOTE: Something that strikes me as odd is that my 20 Mustang GT has more horsepower than the 7.3 Tremor... Go figure.

The only option available with the 7.3l Tremor is 4.30 gears.

If the 7.3l doesn't have enough HP, you can always add a supercharger 😁

You could also switch to a loaded lariat with the diesel. It may end up being a similar price to the platty. I get 22MPG on the highway and between 16-18 city with the PS.
I'm really not interested in a diesel but thanks for the idea. I also have my heart set on a Platinum or King Ranch.

That’s not the case anymore. There’s another thread all about the newly added option for 3:55 gearing with the 7.3 tremor
WOW! Thanks... I'm thrilled. My use will probably be 90% daily commute, 5% off road and 5% towing medium weight trailers for that I suspect the 3.55 will make more sense.

WOW! Thanks... I'm thrilled. My use will probably be 90% daily commute, 5% off road and 5% towing medium weight trailers for that I suspect the 3.55 will make more sense.
If you're able to find any trucks with the 3.55 and the 4.30 rear end... I would definitely urge you to go drive them. I was able to and I'll tell you now, the 3.55 seems very sluggish off the line. TFL did a video with the 3.55 going up the IKE Gauntlet and it definitely has the ability to tow if needed. But I did not like the feel of it. If you go Tremor with the 3.55, I would say it's going to feel even slower with the larger tires. The mpg savings will be negligible between the 2 ratios. Maybe 1 mpg. Just my .02 but I like 4.30 with the 7.3L regardless of what trim/package you go with.

If you're able to find any trucks with the 3.55 and the 4.30 rear end... I would definitely urge you to go drive them. I was able to and I'll tell you now, the 3.55 seems very sluggish off the line. TFL did a video with the 3.55 going up the IKE Gauntlet and it definitely has the ability to tow if needed. But I did not like the feel of it. If you go Tremor with the 3.55, I would say it's going to feel even slower with the larger tires. The mpg savings will be negligible between the 2 ratios. Maybe 1 mpg. Just my .02 but I like 4.30 with the 7.3L regardless of what trim/package you go with.
Larger tires definitely suck up more power then people realize.

Hi... I'm new to this forum but not Ford trucks having had quite a few in my many years of fun on this earth.

My most recent is a 2019 Raptor which I loved but it was more of a personal transportation vehicle and something to show off rather than a sho nuff big ole bad a$$ truck so it's recently gone and I'm trying to decide between a Tremor or a King Ranch FX4. It'll probably be the Tremor if I can get the features I want such as a Platinum Package or King Ranch Package. The Raptor spoiled me for all the luxury features but my Ford dealer gave me every penny of my purchase price back to get it back so I'm on the prowl... ;)

If anyone is in the Tallahassee area that currently has a Tremor is willing I'll gladly buy them some gas/diesel and lunch if they'd take me for a ride and give me a talk about what they do and don't like about their Tremor.

By the way... I'm still undecided between the 6.7 and the 7.3 so input regarding that is welcome too.
I’m in Santa Rosa county just to your west - I get to tally on a somewhat regular basis for work. I hit you up next time my tremor and i are over that way. I have the 6.7, lariat ultimate package in star white, black interior.

Back