Need advice, delete related

Andrade

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2018 Ford F350 SRW
Hey folks, so today I ended up with the following codes- P2263 P0069 P04D9. I am guessing they are all related to a clogged EGR or DPF system, truck went into linp mode and ran very poorly so I dropped it off at a diesel shop here in AZ. The shop told me it's best to do a "Ghost" delete which involves gutting my DPF and leaving it so it passes visual inspection, they will run a EZ link with Proven Diesel tunes which they claim will pass the testing required in my county. The cost would be 3k OTD, what do you fellas think? pricy? Truck is out of warranty so that is not an option. Thanks

Depends on what all is included. Is that just to bore out the pipe and one tune file?

Depends on what all is included. Is that just to bore out the pipe and one tune file?
EGR delete and block off, He said a few tunes with switch on the fly, not too familiar with this stuff.

DO NOT use Shift On The Fly. Just don't. It's a hyped up which ends up not working as you really might want. I'd suggest having 3 tuning files. Say a Tow file or stock power w/o emissions for those times when you know you will be pulling HEAVY. Then get a Mid-power file, and a higher power file.

Otherwise your tuning needs to be focused SOLEY on your day-to-day driving.

At this point.....are you really wanting to go down that rabbit trail??? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

That’s not a bad price if it includes the ezlynk device. I don’t think that’s 100% accurate tho because you can’t tune this year models ecu with an ez link, only the TCM. Proven does however offer bench flashing for these year models, which would require the shop to tune it or send it off. Proven does have great tunes as I had both ecu/tcm tunes on my 17. I’m currently running GDP on my 21’ with their commander tuner.

@HeavyAssault whats your reasoning for this? Genuinely curious as I’ve always ran SOTF and havnt seen any issues. Maybe I’m missing out cause I’ve never ran a single power tune. I’m always up for a better option

Hey folks, so today I ended up with the following codes- P2263 P0069 P04D9. I am guessing they are all related to a clogged EGR or DPF system, truck went into linp mode and ran very poorly so I dropped it off at a diesel shop here in AZ. The shop told me it's best to do a "Ghost" delete which involves gutting my DPF and leaving it so it passes visual inspection, they will run a EZ link with Proven Diesel tunes which they claim will pass the testing required in my county. The cost would be 3k OTD, what do you fellas think? pricy? Truck is out of warranty so that is not an option. Thanks
Did they give you a quote for replacing the DPF? Curious how that would compare...

I was told the egr can be disabled but not removed where deleting a 22.

Just to clarify, my truck is a 2018 with 120k miles. I have coolant leaks from the EGR and a clog somewhere in the system so removing it all wouldn't be an issue, they will remove the DPF, cut the welds, remove the guts and run a straight pipe, reweld and re install to give it a stock look. I did tell them that I have a sct that I rather use instead of the switch that will change the tune on the fly, I don't see myself changing from tune to tune.

If the EGR is gone, you won’t pass inspection. Are they doing an internal block off of the EGR? My buddy has a 2019 with the ghost delete here in AZ. Looks totally stock. SOTF tune works great, and he just had to go in for emissions about a month ago. Said he was nervous, but he passed without issue. Said his numbers looked better than most actual stock trucks, which I think is no surprise honestly.

If the EGR is gone, you won’t pass inspection. Are they doing an internal block off of the EGR? My buddy has a 2019 with the ghost delete here in AZ. Looks totally stock. SOTF tune works great, and he just had to go in for emissions about a month ago. Said he was nervous, but he passed without issue. Said his numbers looked better than most actual stock trucks, which I think is no surprise honestly.
This is what I needed to hear, I wonder if he used the same shop I have my truck at.. Would hate to call it out here incase nosy government folks are reading this. Would you be able to get me in touch with him?

3k is good price if that’s labor and material

Many options in your year.

You won't ever look back.

Worth the investment, very reasonable cost, and your engine will be breathing at last.

Take off them diapers!

This is what I needed to hear, I wonder if he used the same shop I have my truck at.. Would hate to call it out here incase nosy government folks are reading this. Would you be able to get me in touch with him?
We both used the same guy, not sure the shop name though. We just know the contact name

SWEET!!!!

SOTF or single HP tune? That is the question
The other question is, what TCU tune?

Did they give you a quote for replacing the DPF? Curious how that would compare...
I can't speak specifically to the Ford DPF, but I had to replace the DPF in my dad's 2013 BMW and it was about 14,000$ installed.

Wait am I reading you can delete and still pass smog checks?
No
You can delete but not remove all the emissions components. Tune and straight pipe is all you technically need. Easier to reverse if needed

Back