Multiple NOCO outlet mounting options?

To add to that question, which Noco battery charger did you buy? Did you buy 2, on3 for each battery or is there one that does 2 batteries?
I have the Noco Genius 5x1. Buy whatever you want, hook to one battery. They're both connected to each other which is why you should replace both at the same time.

now.. do you go with a 2A, 5A or even a 10A... thats your call. I wanted a bit more than 2A so 5 it was.
 
I have the Noco Genius 5x1. Buy whatever you want, hook to one battery. They're both connected to each other which is why you should replace both at the same time.

now.. do you go with a 2A, 5A or even a 10A... thats your call. I wanted a bit more than 2A so 5 it was.
Same here. Had it on the old truck and recently put one on the new truck with the dual plug so I could use the other for the engine block heater if I needed to.
 
I didn’t mount the charger to the truck. I keep it on a shelf in front of the truck in my shop. I hook it up while my Tremor is in the shop. I went with the 10amp charger. Works great!
Cheers 🍻
 
Same here. Had it on the old truck and recently put one on the new truck with the dual plug so I could use the other for the engine block heater if I needed to.
where did you mount on the truck?
 
where did you mount on the truck?
Right above the battery....
1000007624.webp
 
Will this work with the winch? Your need is the reason I put in 2 of them. Just never got around to the battery tender.
Now that my ACC reallocation job is done and i finally have a symmetrical truck like all pheasants, i plan on doing a double noco like you have done. I’m holding off on drilling through driver side plastic bracket waiting on KDFab bracket to arrive to install led pods in the opening. There’s a chance that KDF bracket might get in the way of nocos on the back side so i would have to replace both plastic pieces, 30$ a pop, better to take the wait and see approach with the 2nd one.

The funny thing, now that i know how asymmetrical the front bumper is with ACC modules, i can’t unsee it each time i look at another SD on the road.

IMG_5168.jpeg
IMG_5222.jpeg
 
I thought i read something from Noco about not putting noco right on top of the battery, but maybe they meant on top of the battery itself and not the bracket. I have to find where I saw that disclaimer.
That'd be great if there is something. I did it the same way on the old truck and it seemed to work ok. But if it's advisable I'd like to know so I can correct it.
 
The reasons I decided not to mount the NOCO in the engine bay are the environments the units would be subjected to. I have no idea what they are qualified for, but the temperatures, shock, and vibration were a concern. My “ground” setup works for my application.
Cheers 🍻
 
That'd be great if there is something. I did it the same way on the old truck and it seemed to work ok. But if it's advisable I'd like to know so I can correct it.

Of course now i can’t find where i saw that tip, might have been from another forum member. I just remembered it cause i was planning an install. A quick search gave me this, i think the same reason was given

IMG_5360.webp
 
Of course now i can’t find where i saw that tip, might have been from another forum member. I just remembered it cause i was planning an install. A quick search gave me this, i think the same reason was given

View attachment 181782
Escaping gas?? From AGM batteries?
 
Doesn’t apply to agm? I’m no expert on battery types, maybe it’s old news by now.
Idk...sounds like something from an old acid style battery
 
@Briski @Donnie With A Dee @blumhagen @Canyon Trekker or anyone else who has mounted a Noco battery tender/charger on their truck...

Where did you mount the noco device?

I like the front bumper placement on pass side but could use some ideas on where to mount the device. Once i swap the factory battery for an AGM i doubt i'll ever have any other battery chemistry so i wouldnt need to access it but once.
TIA
I also never got around to selecting or installing a tender. The other one works great for the block heater. I drive my truck regularly so I haven't had a need for a battery tender yet. Like Briski, I too question whether it is designed to stay under the hood with all the temperature swings and dust. Have one on my boat but it is in a sealed compartment and mostly likely doesn't see extreme cold or heat.
 
I also never got around to selecting or installing a tender. The other one works great for the block heater. I drive my truck regularly so I haven't had a need for a battery tender yet. Like Briski, I too question whether it is designed to stay under the hood with all the temperature swings and dust. Have one on my boat but it is in a sealed compartment and mostly likely doesn't see extreme cold or heat.
The one i have has a waterproof rating (IP68) and it has a built in temperature compensation into the unit. So, technically, you'd want it mounted close to the battery so it would see the same temp. At the same time, though, youll probably never charge where the temp under the hood is different from some other place you would mount the unit. 🤷‍♂️

I'm not concerned with the environment under the hood. Its more of finding a place to put it.
On top of battery seems the most logical, i just would rather it be outta the way since i wont need access to it often.
 
Here are some not very good pictures of where I have the NOCO installed on my 2022 and 2024 trucks. The pictures are of the 2022 truck. The 2024 install is cleaner but took a little milling machine work to make an adaptor that picks up an unused bracket down there with some square holes in it. OmahaBravo, you might want to make thes adaptors and sell them, I don't have pictures or the truck with me but it is pretty simple. Start with a brick of aluminnum 6" x 2" x 3/4". Drill two 5/16" holse for carrage bolts and a 3/4" counter bore to clear a 1/2" socket and nut. Then two 1/4-20 threaded holes to mount the NOCO. I don't have my sketch with me but can share the details at the end of the week if you want.

IMG_1388.webp
IMG_1391.webp
 
Here are some not very good pictures of where I have the NOCO installed on my 2022 and 2024 trucks. The pictures are of the 2022 truck. The 2024 install is cleaner but took a little milling machine work to make an adaptor that picks up an unused bracket down there with some square holes in it. OmahaBravo, you might want to make thes adaptors and sell them, I don't have pictures or the truck with me but it is pretty simple. Start with a brick of aluminnum 6" x 2" x 3/4". Drill two 5/16" holse for carrage bolts and a 3/4" counter bore to clear a 1/2" socket and nut. Then two 1/4-20 threaded holes to mount the NOCO. I don't have my sketch with me but can share the details at the end of the week if you want.

View attachment 181789View attachment 181790
Im interested but to produce... there has to be decent demand or the price is going to be very high. If I had my own CNC, maybe. but i dont.

Still interested in your approach to get ideas for my own truck.
 
Back
Top Bottom