Morimoto XB LED Taillights are HERE for ALL Tremor trucks at www.Apollo-Optics.com!

Where did you get this Decal? those lights look amazing on AMB
Signville

Give them a call at 281-298-5001. They were $85 shipped to my door and arrived in about 3 days. Great people there.

Thanks for the heads up.

@Nick@ApolloOptics has it listed on his site as well already for $160. Order sent for it.

I got mine today and I’m not sure just yet how I feel.

I have a 22 Rapid Red F250 Lariat with a Sport Appearance Package. I’ve been blacking everything out, including the fender badges and front and rear ovals. I think it looks pretty sharp, even if the average eye will never realize the custom trim.

The Motimoro XBs in smoke were a perfect addition to my build. The install was as easy as the video. As expected, the smoked lights look awesome on my truck. I didn’t think about getting photos during the day. Looking at this thread, almost all of the photos show the whole light from a quartering angle.

Tonight I wanted to see what they look like at night and I’m a little let down. From a center rear view, like approaching traffic, the taillights look like four red dots. The quarter angle, with the full LED taillight looks awesome; but the rear angle seems to have less visible light that stock. If I didn’t have the DRW rear running lights, the back of the truck seems a little under lit.

I can’t imagine a scenario where I’d be stopped at night with only the taillights on and no other lights, 4 ways, bed lights, utility lights etc., but in fog or poor visibility, it seems this design left the back of the truck a bit under lit.

I do understand your point about the 4 dots for the running lights, but these lights were tested by Morimoto and do meet the requirements for running lights.

You did get my wheels turning and I found a couple other pictures of OEM taillights on both Super Duty and the 15-17 F-150/17-20 Raptor style taillights. Here's a pic for reference:
IMG_1321.JPG

Tailights arrived yesterday from Apollo Optics. Got them installed last night. Waiting for the Morimoto 3rd Brake light to release so I can order one of those to get rid of the last of the red.

View attachment 104703View attachment 104704View attachment 104705View attachment 104706

Trucks turned out great, man! Love the look! The 3rd brake light will really tie it all together!

Now I feel sheepish. :)
Well, I know how much you hate a backorder and the matching Morimoto lights are on pre-order until late January/early February. So you'll get to have your cake and eat it too, at least for a little while.

Just wanted to add a couple posts to this thread since we just got our brand new site up and running!

We have all the Morimoto products on sale with the current promotional pricing:

You can find all of them here:

Smoked Tails: https://apollo-optics.com/xb-led-tails-ford-super-duty-17-22-pair-smoked-lf350/
Red Tails: https://apollo-optics.com/xb-led-tails-ford-super-duty-17-22-pair-red-lf351/
Boost Bar for Reverse Light: https://apollo-optics.com/reverse-light-morimoto-backup-light-boost-bar-led700/
3rd Brake Light (pre-order): https://apollo-optics.com/x3b-led-brake-light-ford-f150-sd-ranger-15-21-var-x3b35/
3rd Brake Light Flasher Module (pre-order): https://apollo-optics.com/x3b-led-brake-light-rapid-flash-module-x3b01/

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Wife and kids got mine ordered ordered tonight for delivery!

I ordered a set for my big rig. I cannot wait to have the carpet match the curtains.

I do understand your point about the 4 dots for the running lights, but these lights were tested by Morimoto and do meet the requirements for running lights.

You did get my wheels turning and I found a couple other pictures of OEM taillights on both Super Duty and the 15-17 F-150/17-20 Raptor style taillights. Here's a pic for reference:
View attachment 105030

Trucks turned out great, man! Love the look! The 3rd brake light will really tie it all together!

Well, I know how much you hate a backorder and the matching Morimoto lights are on pre-order until late January/early February. So you'll get to have your cake and eat it too, at least for a little while.
Nick;

Thanks for the update. Looking at a pic of the factory lights, they look to have about the same amount of light. I am sure they tested them to meet the federal standards. I guess since I didn't look at my factory lights beforehand; I just didn't notice that there are only four visible points of light on the back of the truck. The big sexy running light on the side of the Morimoto's draws the eye and then looking at it, dead on from the rear, there WOW factor is still that big running light.

Any idea how these compare to the Recon smoked 3rd brake as far as brightness @SpaceWhiteF150 or all? I don't see any spec on the lumen output, etc. I'm looking for a smoked option for carbonized grey. I am considering smoking factory LED taillights to match similar to what's shown below.

View attachment 61503Has any else ever painted taillights? They also painted the third brake with body color of truck. I like the way it tones down the red, I’m assuming they tinted everything first, put the color on, and clear coated. I like the idea of white, for white truck, and leaving the reverse light unpainted.

Any idea how these compare to the Recon smoked 3rd brake as far as brightness @SpaceWhiteF150 or all? I don't see any spec on the lumen output, etc. I'm looking for a smoked option for carbonized grey. I am considering smoking factory LED taillights to match similar to what's shown below.
I have the Recon third lamp, and I will be able to help with half your quest once my taillights come in.

Nick;

Thanks for the update. Looking at a pic of the factory lights, they look to have about the same amount of light. I am sure they tested them to meet the federal standards. I guess since I didn't look at my factory lights beforehand; I just didn't notice that there are only four visible points of light on the back of the truck. The big sexy running light on the side of the Morimoto's draws the eye and then looking at it, dead on from the rear, there WOW factor is still that big running light.
You're welcome! I absolutely love these tails as well! Once I get some breathing room, hopefully later this month, I'll have time to throw a set on my own truck!
We carry the Recon Third Brake light as well if you'd like to go with that to match the Morimoto tails. They're both blacked out.

I have the Recon third lamp, and I will be able to help with half your quest once my taillights come in.
Should look pretty solid together. We've had other customers do the same. Just asked one of them for a picture of his install, I'll post it back here once he sends it to me.

We carry the Recon Third Brake light as well if you'd like to go with that to match the Morimoto tails. They're both blacked out.
Thanks, blacked out is what I'm after for sure. Which is brighter between the Morimoto and Recon? I do not see lumen specs on either.

Thanks, blacked out is what I'm after for sure. Which is brighter between the Morimoto and Recon? I do not see lumen specs on either.
I have the Recon, but I ordered the NEW Morimoto for the 4 flash feature. The Recon whites are good, but the brake light could be better.

Unfortunately, I don't have those numbers. But knowing Morimoto, they directly targeted the Recon light on this product development, so I'd expect that the Morimoto light is brighter.

Back