Mirror Theft - 23+ Trucks - handle punch break-in?

damn hate thieves and guess I need to add a few more security items to the truck!!!
 
I actually bought the Jimmi Jammers and never used them. When I took the door apart, I realized that all you had to do is remove the pull bar to defeat the access. If you removed the lock cylinder as well, there is nothing left to open the door other than electric. I believe this is why they gave the idea up. As for the horn access, the hood latch plate still worked but @OmahaBravo has a better one.
Pulling the bars on the old ones definitely worked. I came back to a hole punched in the door on my '22, but they didn't get in the truck.
 
I did a deep search for this and used AI to see if stealing the mirrors is frequent or a new thing.

At first it reported "Recent widespread reporting" of 23+ Super Duty trucks having their mirrors stolen.

However, when I asked it to show me the specifics of every data source, this thread was the one one it was actually using as a source. I asked for any additional sources or reports, and it could not find any.

Has anyone else actually seen another other reported instance of the side mirror assemblies being stolen?

I am not saying this isn't happening,, I am just trying to ensure that I do not overreact and solve for something that is not really an issue.
 
If them boogers want it they will find a way to get it
I mean, all you got to do is break a damn window. That is the weakest link. Piece of spark plug ceramic and a slingshot and bam, quiet window shattering 🤷
 
I did a deep search for this and used AI to see if stealing the mirrors is frequent or a new thing.

At first it reported "Recent widespread reporting" of 23+ Super Duty trucks having their mirrors stolen.

However, when I asked it to show me the specifics of every data source, this thread was the one one it was actually using as a source. I asked for any additional sources or reports, and it could not find any.

Has anyone else actually seen another other reported instance of the side mirror assemblies being stolen?

I am not saying this isn't happening,, I am just trying to ensure that I do not overreact and solve for something that is not really an issue.
as you and i've discussed off-forum, reacting to this is likely not necessary. Although per the price this customer told me it cost to replace, thieves may catch on.

However, the best protection method for protecting any component on a vehicle is preventing access to the fasteners. In this case, keeping them from opening the door. Its also a good method for preventing truck theft in general so... hopefully folks are looking into what can be done to prevent it.
 
Back
Top Bottom