Local dealer games

Sorry to say I wasn't able to join the ranks today as local dealer wanted 12% over MSRP. And, while they came down to ~6% over, they also offered 86% of KBB on my trade. I promptly walked shortly after the 'sad story' about "we're not trying to get rich, just put some burger on the table :p"..
Good for you for standing firm. Sale more vehicles eat more burgers! I’m not here to pay your mortgage! Was it a new one?

Good for you for standing firm. Sale more vehicles eat more burgers! I’m not here to pay your mortgage! Was it a new one?
Yes, 2022, it had ~30 miles after a nice test drive.

May need to look at cost to option a Lariat as a Tremor after market?

Or dare I say on this forum look at an AT4 :eek: That kind of markup can pay for a lot of transmission repairs :p

Or dare I say on this forum look at an AT4 :eek: That kind of markup can pay for a lot of transmission repairs :p
I'd recommend looking for a different dealer rather then an AT4.

I did

Key word Business! I’m sure the majority aren’t business purchases! You’ve made your point, now move along!
I dont know specific numbers, but if i had to guess id say a pretty small percent of fords total superduty sale are pure pleasure trucks. Obviously the bias on forums(especially this tremor specific one) will be the other way.

While these percentages may or may not directly affect your specific dealership, every superduty built for a company or fleet is 1 less truck ford can build for joe blow, which all factors into the supply problem.

I know a lot of guys in different trades that need a truck every day for work, they cant afford to be out of work for potentially months shopping around to try to save a few thousand bucks. Its also a large reason why these guys buy new because they also cant afford down time for their trucks to sit at a repair shop or leave them stranded.

If anyone is looking for a truck and is willing to travel to Nashville, TN, I highly recommend Jeff Kinsey at Wyatt Johnson Ford. I inquired about a 2022 F250 Tremor at the beginning of February and he got me all the information I requested. I asked to put a deposit on it until I could make the trip up from Atlanta. I drove up last Friday and traded my 2019 F250 in and bought the 2022 Tremor. They had no markup, accepted my X-plan and my $2000 PCO. I was in and out of the dealership in about 38 minutes. They have a few Tremors left on the lot.

No, there’s plenty of stupid MF’s to go around in almost every state. If you look around enough you’ll see em in yours too. Stupidity is a plague these days.

If it helps anyone out, I had a good experience with Sam Pack's 5-Star Ford in Carrolton, TX. They honored the X plan pricing at delivery (November 2022) as agreed when order was placed (March 2022) and genuinely seemed thankful to have the business. I'm certain others may have had suboptimal dealings with them but my experience was quite positive.

If it helps anyone out, I had a good experience with Sam Pack's 5-Star Ford in Carrolton, TX. They honored the X plan pricing at delivery (November 2022) as agreed when order was placed (March 2022) and genuinely seemed thankful to have the business. I'm certain others may have had suboptimal dealings with them but my experience was quite positive.
Newer to the dfw area. Did not purchase my truck local. Took it into Bill Utter Ford for some warranty stuff. So far so good. They even gave me a Loaner….and it’s a truck 😮

People get pissed off at CA so they move somewhere else, then vote to make like California.
Morons! I promise Missouri that I won't vote to make it like California.

Granger does x-plan for anything on their lot as well.

@fordguy74656 has a Lariat for sale if you are willing to travel a bit... Since he was looking at selling to Granger maybe there is a travel middle-ground somewhere after you discuss:

@fordguy74656 has a Lariat for sale if you are willing to travel a bit... Since he was looking at selling to Granger maybe there is a travel middle-ground somewhere after you discuss:

Would definitely work something out with anyone if you'd like to buy!! shoutout to @Modman for the mention!!! I have a source that can get ESP for cost also if you want that could also run the sale through my local dealer also if you want it financed.

Last edited:
Ordered my 23 Lariat Tremor, 7.3 ultimate, sports package, winch, power running boards, dual batteries, sun roof, just about everything available. and qualified for D plan pricing. i feel fortunate.

No, there’s plenty of stupid MF’s to go around in almost every state. If you look around enough you’ll see em in yours too. Stupidity is a plague these days.

Some are stupid, some have enough money to not care, and some have no choice. It is the last ones in that list that I feel bad for.

I flat out refused to pay above MSRP and traveled to a dealer 1,500 miles away. I would prefer to shop local but I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. These greedy dealers are making more money than before. Unfortunately it is pissing off customers and Ford (as well as other manufacturers) are getting the blame.

If they moved out out of Cali and are stupid MF’s what does that make them when they populate your state? Smart? Doubt it.

Back