Joking around about Optimus

I'm still trying to figure out what forum he was on before he acquired his double deuce and joined here... I figure there is a lifetime of great "reading" material out there somewhere. :p
Only Transformers? :LOL:
 
Chili with beans is like gumbo with okra.
I mean, I know there are people who were taught to make gumbo without okra but every CA (I mean chicken chasing actual swamp dweller) I’ve ever met defends gumbo without okra or without. Always seemed like fried rice or Brunswick stew- something to clear out the fridge. Now they will throw down over file vs roux. lol I have never met a gumbo I wouldn’t eat though so feel free to ignore me.
 
Well I mean, it's not ironic that a robot responds like a robot.


Regardless, m'lord, thou hath SLAYED me.

I breathe my last breath! pondering the mighty sword of rhythmic verbiage with which! thou doth pierce my soul...

Alas. *tips over*


That was an awesome! poem. 🏁
 
I mean, I know there are people who were taught to make gumbo without okra but every CA (I mean chicken chasing actual swamp dweller) I’ve ever met defends gumbo without okra or without. Always seemed like fried rice or Brunswick stew- something to clear out the fridge. Now they will throw down over file vs roux. lol I have never met a gumbo I wouldn’t eat though so feel free to ignore me.
Okra in gumbo is a mostly Creole thing, and it's really decent in a coastal seafood gumbo. But a no no for my Prairie Cajun ass. My Mawmaw would wake up from the dead and slap me in the head. When Pawpaw would plant okra, it was smothered, pickled with peppers or sometimes fried, like those rednecks from North Louisiana do. To me file' is good as a spice reducer more than a thickener. It eases up the heat some, but not a necessary ingredient. Roux is the king.
 
Okra in gumbo is a mostly Creole thing, and it's really decent in a coastal seafood gumbo. But a no no for my Prairie Cajun ass. My Mawmaw would wake up from the dead and slap me in the head. When Pawpaw would plant okra, it was smothered, pickled with peppers or sometimes fried, like those rednecks from North Louisiana do. To me file' is good as a spice reducer more than a thickener. It eases up the heat some, but not a necessary ingredient. Roux is the king.
Friiiiiieeeed oooookraaa.....
1000016757.gif
 
Okra in gumbo is a mostly Creole thing, and it's really decent in a coastal seafood gumbo. But a no no for my Prairie Cajun ass. My Mawmaw would wake up from the dead and slap me in the head. When Pawpaw would plant okra, it was smothered, pickled with peppers or sometimes fried, like those rednecks from North Louisiana do. To me file' is good as a spice reducer more than a thickener. It eases up the heat some, but not a necessary ingredient. Roux is the king.
Agree. And now that you mention it, I most of my friends are coastal. I love okra because it grows well here- pickled, fried, blackened (cooked slow and low with good fat, we call it black okra.). Soups like veg beef or sausage type random.

Also, I remember more than one telling me that they don’t mix land and sea in gumbo. Awesome food in general- jambalayas, Étouffée- if it’s served there with grits or rice, I’ll at least try it. Love NO in the winter.
 
Whew! Thank goodness this thread turned into a gumbo recipe. Okray! 🤪
 
Agree. And now that you mention it, I most of my friends are coastal. I love okra because it grows well here- pickled, fried, blackened (cooked slow and low with good fat, we call it black okra.). Soups like veg beef or sausage type random.

Also, I remember more than one telling me that they don’t mix land and sea in gumbo. Awesome food in general- jambalayas, Étouffée- if it’s served there with grits or rice, I’ll at least try it. Love NO in the winter.
Smoked meats are ok with seafood, not fowl though.
 
Hot pickled okra…. Holy fuuuuu…..
My Grammy would make it. I’d eat it. My dad would put it in his martini.
 
Back
Top Bottom