Infotainment Sync3 to Sync4 in the works

I would be willing to spend money on this if it fixes the microphone problem with CarPlay.

I read this differently. The 2021 F150 already has sync 4. I take his post to mean he can get everything on sync4 working so they’ll be able to build upgrade for factory sync4 systems. Not replace sync3.

Not trying to be pessimistic because I’d definitely be in for replacing my sync3.

I read this differently. The 2021 F150 already has sync 4. I take his post to mean he can get everything on sync4 working so they’ll be able to build upgrade for factory sync4 systems. Not replace sync3.

Not trying to be pessimistic because I’d definitely be in for replacing my sync3.

Thats not correct.. they are planning an upgrade from the Sync3 to the Sync4....unless there's a 2013 f150 with sync4 we don't know about.

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 5.26.36 PM.png

Wow, this would be an awesome upgrade and make the truck feel new again!

Maybe we could get a big group buy going? ?
stupid and take my money i already said months ago i wanted but this makes me sure happy it will happen

I'm so pleased with my 21 F350 KR that I can't see getting anything else in the near future. But a Sync4 upgrade in the near future would make it new all over again!? :love:

Sure would love this! My 21 250 has a ton of microphone issues and I hate dealing with it since I am in Sales. Having that taken away would be the SHIT!

Very exciting that this is being looked at. I wonder how many components are necessary to change out tho. Did you notice, visible in the 2nd video, that they have the new factory gauges? I was hoping that the changes could be limited to the infotainment system and maybe the HVAC controls if those are necessary. I'm concerned about compatibility with the factory ECU, etc if the gauges have to change.

I guess time will tell.

I would be willing to spend money on this if it fixes the microphone problem with CarPlay.
I think there is an update that fixes that. I can download a sync updater and load it on flash drive works well and faster for us techs

Created a profile for this thread specifically….sup everyone.

Have a friend at infotainment that *might* be able to help with a group purchase, no information available at this moment above what’s been discussed on this thread. Will update if I receive more information…

I’ve been closely following this topic as I am less than pleased with the fossilized sync 3 on my 21 lariat. Sad to say but it does not hold a candle to my previous Ram’s Uconnect.

Also interested to hear if someone’s found a fix / software patch for the dreaded CarPlay mic issue.

Back