Idea for Ford - Upfitter Indications on Dash

prioinv

Tremor Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
'22 F350 6.7 Tremor
Who else thinks it would be nice if the truck indicated on the dash which upfitter switches are currently in the ON position? I don't even want this to be based on actual power draw - just the overhead switch position.

Too many times I realize I've been driving around with my rear lights on, which admittedly I left on from parking the night before. No need to make this about my faulty memory and still not learning from my mistake. Let's make this a wish list item for a future model year. I for one think a non-obnoxious visual (no bells, chimes, beeps, or whatever) of which (one or more) upfitters are on would be nice.

Are you reading this Ford?

Who else thinks it would be nice if the truck indicated on the dash which upfitter switches are currently in the ON position? I don't even want this to be based on actual power draw - just the overhead switch position.

Too many times I realize I've been driving around with my rear lights on, which admittedly I left on from parking the night before. No need to make this about my faulty memory and still not learning from my mistake. Let's make this a wish list item for a future model year. I for one think a non-obnoxious visual (no bells, chimes, beeps, or whatever) of which (one or more) upfitters are on would be nice.

No offense, but let's hope they are NOT reading this. You do realize all they will do is pop up another warning on the dash that needs to be disabled before exiting the truck, right??

I agree, that would be nice. I would enjoy it!

I like the way you are thinking my friend.

Especially in a work truck... I don't know how many times I get into my truck at work with a hardhat on and hit like 3 upfitters.

Especially in a work truck... I don't know how many times I get into my truck at work with a hardhat on and hit like 3 upfitters.
I’ve hit em with my head too! Hahaha

Interesting post. I think it's a great idea, in fact, I've been working on a circuit that would ring a chime or light a strobe (haven't decided which yet) if any of the upfitter switches are in the "on" position when the truck is turned off. The reason was simple in my case, I wired my upfitters to be hot at all times. No power off timer and easily forgotten that they are on. Even though there are LEDs in the switches, they are not real visible during the day.

It's pretty much a concept right now but if I decide to pursue this, I'll post it here. Might be a fun summer project for me. I'll add it to my list.

Love this!

No offense, but let's hope they are NOT reading this. You do realize all they will do is pop up another warning on the dash that needs to be disabled before exiting the truck, right??
Also unfortunately agree with this. :(

Well....they could tie it into the Alexa feature (already in place) that identifies the switch has been left on when you shut down the truck. I mean....you know...we DID put a man on the moon....so this isn't hard. :unsure: :unsure: 😜 😜 😜 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The reason was simple in my case, I wired my upfitters to be hot at all times.
This would be great for this scenario and I'm interested to see what you come up with!

The only ones that annoy me are the full time hot ones. I kinda wish it chimed w the door open or timed out or something. I can't tell you how many times I've used my compressor w the truck off and forgotten to flip the switch back to the off position. Next day I'm driving around and out of nowhere it kicks on.

I think Verse of the day would be good too.

Back