ICON vs Carli gas coils

kylant

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
anyone had both?
how does the ride compare between the 2?

Who makes Carli shox?0

🤷🏻‍♂️. not sure on the new ones. I have heard ICON, but valved to their specs. Don't know though. and i am pretty sure they are owned by the same company now
I believe your correct, and is why Carli no longer uses Fox

Icon coils are progressive rate and are supposed to be a true 2.5" coil for the 2020+ trucks (ie. not a generic part that covers all the 2017+ trucks which gives you .5-1" higher on the front for a 2020+ truck) which may not be what you want since in other thread's you've been talking about wanting more of a true leveled stance. Also, in theory a progressive rate coil should be a little softer on road but I'd wonder if it really makes much of difference since you're not really adding much height. Carli has said in the past that there's not enough travel in the level height coils to justify the added cost of a progressive coil for that application, so any improvement you'll see is probably minor.

If you're not looking to raise the front end as much, the Icon is probably a better choice. However, while they have definitely come a long way as far as competitive shock offerings with the CDEVs, to me the Icon systems still dont seem as comprehensive as what Carli offers so you are probably going to be having to mix/match components to get everything you want (track bar, radius arms, swaybar, rear leafs etc.). If you want a leveled stance then you'd probably need to get a shorter rear block and not sure what your options would be if you're looking to replace the rear leaf springs.

Icon coils are progressive rate and are supposed to be a true 2.5" coil for the 2020+ trucks (ie. not a generic part that covers all the 2017+ trucks which gives you .5-1" higher on the front for a 2020+ truck) which may not be what you want since in other thread's you've been talking about wanting more of a true leveled stance. Also, in theory a progressive rate coil should be a little softer on road but I'd wonder if it really makes much of difference since you're not really adding much height. Carli has said in the past that there's not enough travel in the level height coils to justify the added cost of a progressive coil for that application, so any improvement you'll see is probably minor.

If you're not looking to raise the front end as much, the Icon is probably a better choice. However, while they have definitely come a long way as far as competitive shock offerings with the CDEVs, to me the Icon systems still dont seem as comprehensive as what Carli offers so you are probably going to be having to mix/match components to get everything you want (track bar, radius arms, swaybar, rear leafs etc.). If you want a leveled stance then you'd probably need to get a shorter rear block and not sure what your options would be if you're looking to replace the rear leaf springs.
i want to bring the front up more than what carli advertises on their gas coils. they state 1" on a tremor. my truck has about 2.75" of rake. I would be replacing the rear springs with either carli or pmf (both made by deaver, slightly different specs)
both companies state their leafs would be about the same height as the stock tremor, or even slightly higher.
if the leafs were the same height, and i used carli coils, my truck by calculation, would still have about 1.75" rake. this is too much for me.
really don't know which way to go....🤦🏼

i want to bring the front up more than what carli advertises on their gas coils. they state 1" on a tremor. my truck has about 2.75" of rake. I would be replacing the rear springs with either carli or pmf (both made by deaver, slightly different specs)
both companies state their leafs would be about the same height as the stock tremor, or even slightly higher.
if the leafs were the same height, and i used carli coils, my truck by calculation, would still have about 1.75" rake. this is too much for me.
really don't know which way to go....🤦🏼
I think Carli under calls the height on a Tremor. My 2021 with a level height Pintop and the deaver rear springs looks almost exactly level (which means it's ~0.5" rear high as a truly level truck will look slightly front high). My old truck is an FX4 but post lift your Tremor should have the same ride height since it's the same parts. Go to Carli or CJC's instagram and you'll see hundreds of trucks with the level height systems that look identical to mine as far as ride height.

I found myself with the opposite problem of wishing the rear was a little higher as with any load over ~400lbs in the bed it starts to look squatted. There are pictures floating around the forum of the first 2023 that Carli did where the rear looks excessively high, and I asked about that at CJC when I had my system put on and they claimed there was a batch of Deavers that didn't settle out properly after they were pre-fatigued and had to be sent back to Deaver to have them re-arc'ed to get the correct height out of them. Idk... maybe they made that up and there's something structurally different on the 2023+ trucks, but I've seen tons of examples that dont look rear high, so it makes sense. If you look at where the tires hit the crease on the body in the below pic you can see that the rear is just ever so slightly higher (only weight in the rear in this pic was ~100lbs of my extra fullsize spare in the bed).

IMG_3657.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine sits pretty level. Icon shocks front and rear, stock block. Slight slope on concrete, but ok pic. Will try to get one on level ground today.

Attachments

• IMG_5329.png
    IMG_5329.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
Mine sits pretty level. Icon shocks front and rear, stock block. Slight slope on concrete, but ok pic. Will try to get one on level ground today.
looks great, but i was specifically asking about the gas trucks. the diesel coils sit higher

Back