I Spy... with my little eye | 2023 SD Thread

In case someone hasn't seen it:

2023-Ford-F-250-Super-Duty-Crew-Cab-6-Foot-Long-Bed-Lariat-Tremor-Package-Iconic-Silver-Metallic-JS-Real-World-Photos-Exterior-003.jpg

Bed steps are cool. Wish the cutout was body colored. Should be an easy fix. Front end is a step backward in my opinion. I guess you could always back-date the truck with front end parts from a 20-22 truck and have the best of both worlds. Looks of the 2020 trucks with the powertrain, features, and interior of the 2023 truck

Bed steps are cool. Wish the cutout was body colored. Should be an easy fix. Front end is a step backward in my opinion. I guess you could always back-date the truck with front end parts from a 20-22 truck and have the best of both worlds. Looks of the 2020 trucks with the powertrain, features, and interior of the 2023 truck
I was thinking the same thing with the bed steps. I was actually thinking of asking Linex to quote me on paint matching them when I have the bed paint matched! Should be pretty sweet. Plus with people stepping on them, Linex should hold up to the abuse rather than just painting them.

I’ve heard this too, but this is interesting to see a tremor with the black badge since the tremor requires the HO. But then again this is one of the early production frankenduty trucks.
Oh maybe I'm wrong then. Don't know why the tremor needs to have HO since it's no towing beast.

Oh maybe I'm wrong then. Don't know why the tremor needs to have HO since it's no towing beast.

What makes a Tremor not a towing beast?

My '22 Tremor tows and handles 12-15K trailer loads better than my '18 350 6.7. I leveled the '18 and had to add air bags to even the truck out. I didn't have to do anything to the Tremor to get the leveled look with no air bags and stay all factory.

For back ground we own a commercial site work company and regularly pull our CTL's and mini's around to different job sites. My '22 Tremor 6.7 is the finest pickup for ride and towing I've ever owned and I've own a lot of trucks over the years.

Last edited:
What makes a Tremor not a towing beast?

My '22 Tremor tows and handles 12-15K trailer loads better than my '18 350 6.7. I leveled the '18 and had to add air bags to even the truck out. I didn't have to do anything to the Tremor to get the leveled look with no air bags and stay all factory.
First you can't get a long bed version. I'm not saying that it doesn't tow a lot but that knocks it down there, makes it harder to have a fifth wheel.

It's not bad. I like most aspects of it, and it continues to grow on me each time I see it. I am a fan of the harder lines that this departs from, but it's not bad. The front end really reminds me of an angry hornet/wasp - or some type of insect. I have absolutely no idea why - or where that even came from. All I know is, if someone asked me to shout out the first thing that comes to mind when looking at the front - it's a hornet/wasp.

You need to hand it to Ford - they have been pretty constant with their Super Duty design. Over the years they have basically figured out how to add mild tweaks to their design - not a complete new language. Porsche does this best, but you get the idea.

It's not bad. I like most aspects of it, and it continues to grow on me each time I see it. I am a fan of the harder lines that this departs from, but it's not bad. The front end really reminds me of an angry hornet/wasp - or some type of insect. I have absolutely no idea why - or where that even came from. All I know is, if someone asked me to shout out the first thing that comes to mind when looking at the front - it's a hornet/wasp.

You need to hand it to Ford - they have been pretty constant with their Super Duty design. Over the years they have basically figured out how to add mild tweaks to their design - not a complete new language. Porsche does this best, but you get the idea.
That one needs BAP

I agree with your assessment, it looks OK and one can get used to the design over time. But 2020-2022 will remain special in its own right in eyes of the many, until maybe Ford does something different and more appealing in 2026 with its mid cycle refresh to bring it back to perfection.

Back