How much is everyone overpaying for diesel today?

Chris74128

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F-350 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2018 Cascadia
Diesel over inflated?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211202-205430_LandstarOne.jpg
    Screenshot_20211202-205430_LandstarOne.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 370
What app and fuel card are you using?
That one is from the company I have my semi leased on to (comdata). But my TSD Logistics card (EFS) gets me pretty close and the same is some locations. TSD's downside is they take 10% of the discount. But still better then pump prices.

Last edited:
If JP Morgan's prediction today that oil will hit 130 by 2023 has even a 50% chance of coming true then y'all better get ready! I'm hoping it does cause I'm still long oil stocks. Also it could get a lot of beaters and people who don't belong on the road off of the roads. Of course, it will also mean that more losers will quit paying for insurance. In SoCal AAA estimates 25% are driving uninsured now!

While that JP Morgan prediction is certainly possible..I don't see it as probable. Once the prices get established at a sustained $85 and up for the longish-term, you'll see a lot of production in the U.S. coming back online from the frackers. They've purposely held back through this latest round of volatility so as to not get Charlie-Brown'd again, but if the environment is a fundamentals-driven high price environment, they'll start investing in the fields again and get juice flowing. I can see it leveling out around $100 for a while in that scenario...but not $150 unless it's an extremely momentary spike.

All that said...“It’s tough to make predictions, especially about the future.”. ― Yogi Berra.

That one is from the company I have my semi leased on to (comdata). But my TSD Logistics card (EFS) gets me pretty close and the same is some locations. TSD's downside is they take 10% of the discount. But still better then pump prices.
I looked into TSD. In my area its cheaper to use Murphy's because the truck stops here don't give a good discount through TSD.

I paid 3.03 at Walmart 2 days ago. Think it is back up to 3.34 today. I use Gas buddy app to find the cheapest stations. I can typically find one under 3.20 in the Louisville, KY area pretty steadily.

If JP Morgan's prediction today that oil will hit 130 by 2023 has even a 50% chance of coming true then y'all better get ready! I'm hoping it does cause I'm still long oil stocks. Also it could get a lot of beaters and people who don't belong on the road off of the roads. Of course, it will also mean that more losers will quit paying for insurance. In SoCal AAA estimates 25% are driving uninsured now!

It will hit $130 and even go higher, Brandon and his administration are on record saying they want high fossil fuel prices, the higher the better & they are working to tax you even more for every mile you drive

Seems they think higher fossil fuel prices will force people into alternative energy vehicles & that’s exactly what they want

Oh and it’s a shame you want to see Americans suffering/freezing and having to figure out how to live while not being able to afford any kind of fuel oil, gas or to heat their homes this winter so you make money off of their suffering

I looked into TSD. In my area its cheaper to use Murphy's because the truck stops here don't give a good discount through TSD.
Yeah. It kinda depends on where you are. In Tulsa it's usually Sam's or Costco. But when going out of town Towards some of the Loves I can usually get it better there. It just depends. In some places the price differences are crazy.. Which is why I invested in the S&B Tank.

I paid 3.03 at Walmart 2 days ago. Think it is back up to 3.34 today. I use Gas buddy app to find the cheapest stations. I can typically find one under 3.20 in the Louisville, KY area pretty steadily.
I use a combination of work account, gas buddy, and TSD. In the Louisville area though it's definitely my work card though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211203-054720_LandstarOne.jpg
    Screenshot_20211203-054720_LandstarOne.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 31
I paid 3.36 yesterday in Houma, LA. My commute is a 170 mile round trip so my $1400 TDI beater is back on the road. It is fully insured and with about 90 wheel horsepower with the AC on it still has a much higher top speed than your Tremor (verified in Mexico). I’d appreciate you folks letting the superior machine by when I come up behind you in the fast lane. Thanks

I paid 3.59 yesterday here in central NC. I see prices a little lower and a little higher than that depending on where I am in the area. “Hi test” gasoline is a little more than diesel, while regular is a little lower but still well over $3. Wasn’t all that long ago that we were paying below $2 :unsure:

Back