Glacier Grey Super Duty

I can’t be the only one who lived through roughly the late 80’s through the mid 90’s that only sees Glacier Grey as the “country blue” of nearly every kitchen and living room in Flyover Country USA during that period.

It’s something you just can’t unsee.

No idea why Ford dropped the non-metallic gray they had in 2022. Forget the name but it was fire with Black Appearance Package.

Ford’s colors suck donkey balls, generally. No idea why it’s so hard for them.

I can’t be the only one who lived through roughly the late 80’s through the mid 90’s that only sees Glacier Grey as the “country blue” of nearly every kitchen and living room in Flyover Country USA during that period.

It’s something you just can’t unsee.

No idea why Ford dropped the non-metallic gray they had in 2022. Forget the name but it was fire with Black Appearance Package.

Ford’s colors suck donkey balls, generally. No idea why it’s so hard for them.
Haha yes that’s the first thing I thought of when I saw the first pic of it! But since then the pictures posted here show much less blue and more grey… the country blue you speak of was very prominent in my kitchen growing up.. I hope it’s more more grey! lol

I’m with you guys - with any cool grey, the blue always pops out to me and it just looks powder blue. But other people see warm greys and all they see is beige. Probably depends on which side of your head your parents dropped you on as a kid. To each his own.

My local dealer got a GG Lariat Sport Non-Tremor in today. I went this morning to see it in person. I'm happy to report that it felt way less blue in person. It was light overcast while we were there. I'm really happy that I kept my order. It was parked not far from an avalanche grey f-150 as well as a vapor blue mach 3. It was very different from either of those. I should have my order in a week or two. This got me SUPER excited.

I took a few pictures and this one feels the closest to what it looked like in person:

IMG_8198.jpeg

My local dealer got a GG Lariat Sport Non-Tremor in today. I went this morning to see it in person. I'm happy to report that it felt way less blue in person. It was light overcast while we were there. I'm really happy that I kept my order. It was parked not far from an avalanche grey f-150 as well as a vapor blue mach 3. It was very different from either of those. I should have my order in a week or two. This got me SUPER excited.

I took a few pictures and this one feels the closest to what it looked like in person:

View attachment 136037
I too went with 24 F-350 Lariat Ultimate BAP. My dealer sent me update of build on 12-7

Mine arrived at dealership today (non-tremor because I only buy extended cabs and Tremor is not available on Supercab; only Supercrew). They install the factory winch, send it for local spray-in bedliner, and send it for clear bra this week. I'm scheduled to pick it up Monday morning at which time I'll post some better images of the color, but this first look reaffirms, in my mind, I made the right color choice.

123_1.jpeg

I present to you my F-350 Glacier Gray Tremor.
So how good is the color? This one of those colors that change in sunlight or cloudy days. The HUD display work in all lighting? Thanks for the pictures, but I want to see 1 in person. My build week is now 12/18 and my POC is only good until 01/02/24, so I may be out of luck on it!

Got it home yesterday. 2024 F250 Lariat Supercab, in Glacier Gray, we ordered back in July (Tremor not available on a Supercab, unfortunately). Love the color and everything about the truck. It's going to be perfect for our use case (Supertramp Flagship LT slide-in, pop-up pickup camper). These images were in our yard on overcast day, but across several hours so changing light. The color captured in pictures changes depending on light and how camera decides to apply white-balance/color, exposure, etc. So far, to the naked eye, there is much less blue than many of the previously posted images, and even my own, tend to show. That comment will make sense when you see one in person. I'm really happy with the color.

Have a few minor mods to do. Will put up an add to trade my running board brackets for Tremor brackets since some prefer longer brackets on their Tremor and I want the shorter brackets to raise the running boards. Clear bra going on tomorrow. Wil trim or replace long air dam. Winter tires will go on 20" wheels and I have a set of 18" Tremor-take off wheels for my summer all-terrain tires. Remove chrome exhaust tip. Debadge the bed sticker. Will extend the transfer case and axle breather tubes. A few other odds and ends.

20231211_113534.jpg

20231211_113634.jpg

20231211_110349.jpg

20231211_111317.jpg

20231211_110252.jpg

20231211_113725.jpg

20231211_155313.jpg

20231211_161434.jpg

Ford Logo
Order Status
Order
Confirmed​
Scheduled
for Production​
Built
Shipped
12/22/2023​

Mine should be getting here pretty soon. Is this with the sport or black package?
As @Philly said, it’s the black package.

@Chadx posted his build above. It is the sport package.

I have to say, the more time passes, the more I’m liking Glacier Gray. I’m so glad I kept it. I’ve added a tonneau cover and a front row tint and front end PPF. It’s coming along. Still need to do ceramic coating and a few odds and ends.

It still photographs all over the place. This picture makes it look almost white. But I can say it’s never looked blue to me. In person it’s alway appeared gray.

Attachments

• IMG_8409.jpeg
    IMG_8409.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 52

I have to say, the more time passes, the more I’m liking Glacier Gray. I’m so glad I kept it. I’ve added a tonneau cover and a front row tint and front end PPF. It’s coming along. Still need to do ceramic coating and a few odds and ends.

It still photographs all over the place. This picture makes it look almost white. But I can say it’s never looked blue to me. In person it’s alway appeared gray.
Yours looks great, no doubt.

I saw 3 duallys today in the Glacier and I’m having major 2nd thoughts due to all the chrome. It was rainy/overcast and the color didn’t look appealing to in that config. I didn’t elect for the BAP or Sport package when I ordered. My sales guy is about to be upset…

Yours looks great, no doubt.

I saw 3 duallys today in the Glacier and I’m having major 2nd thoughts due to all the chrome. It was rainy/overcast and the color didn’t look appealing to in that config. I didn’t elect for the BAP or Sport package when I ordered. My sales guy is about to be upset…
Yeah, I could see that. I haven’t seen GG with chrome yet but I could see them clashing a bit. Hope you find something that you love!

That is a beauty and absolutelylove the color. I have the same combo on order with the exception of power boards and roof cab lights. Just curious and don't mean to get off topic but what is the payload on your truck?

That is a beauty and absolutelylove the color. I have the same combo on order with the exception of power boards and roof cab lights. Just curious and don't mean to get off topic but what is the payload on your truck?
3856 I think. It’s 38-something for sure. I don’t remember off the top of my head.

Back