FUEL/DIESEL TANK UPGRADE/SWAP

Check valve isn’t needed anyways, as the fuel cap will prevent spillage in tipover.
Yeah, I likely wouldn't have installed it if I realized this at the beginning. I followed the directions to a T and should have gone with my gut.

Yeah, I likely wouldn't have installed it if I realized this at the beginning. I followed the directions to a T and should have gone with my gut.
I installed it, don't ever go to truck stops, not a inconvenience for me.

My question is why so and b added a check valve when OEM doesn’t have one? Unless it’s inside the tank?

My question is why so and b added a check valve when OEM doesn’t have one? Unless it’s inside the tank?
Just what I decided to do, dosen't affect how I refuel ever. Stock tank does have rollover check valve.

I got mine installed today. Same in the order and shipping. Said 2-3 weeks and was here in less than a week. Had a ship do it for about 500 🦴 and if anything messes up it’s on them 🥴 Cannot wait to push that over 1000 on the estimated distance!!

Attachments

• IMG_7132.jpeg
    IMG_7132.jpeg
    268 KB · Views: 27
I got mine installed today. Same in the order and shipping. Said 2-3 weeks and was here in less than a week. Had a ship do it for about 500 🦴 and if anything messes up it’s on them 🥴 Cannot wait to push that over 1000 on the estimated distance!!
I've has as much as 1112 DTE

Install was pretty smooth. I did it by myself and used ratchet straps to lower the old tank.

It is by far my favorite mod on the truck too. I cannot have a tow pig without it ever again.

The only decision you have to make is if you want to put S&B's check valve in case of a tipover. With the check valve, you cannot utilize full flow at truck stops. I can leave it on the first notch on the handle and it works, or I can do it by hand a little further than the first notch.
It took me about 4 hours in my garage. A shop quoted me 15 hours in labor. 🤢 I used the ratchet straps with the push button release so it was a little smoother to lower. I also ran the stock tank down to about 10 DTE to make it lighter. There was still about 3 gallons in there if I remember correctly. The instructions are good and there are a couple of good install videos on YouTube.

It took me about 4 hours in my garage. A shop quoted me 15 hours in labor. 🤢 I used the ratchet straps with the push button release so it was a little smoother to lower. I also ran the stock tank down to about 10 DTE to make it lighter. There was still about 3 gallons in there if I remember correctly. The instructions are good and there are a couple of good install videos on YouTube.
15! I was thinking the 5 i was quoted was a bit much!

S&B 60 gallon tank all the way. It took myself and a friend about 6 hours going slow. We took our time to make sure we didn’t miss anything.

I dont think I have ever seen it show more than 900 dte even after traveling and hitting 1000+ mi on a tank lol

I also have the S&B tank, overall easy install. Removing the stock tank was the most difficult. The fill hose that connects to the tank has a hose clamp that is not easily removed and then once it is loose depending how stuck the rubber is on the metal fill neck may take some strength and another hand to pull off. Lowering the tank like others said with a ratchet strap that is push button worked great.

Yea buddy! Got it to 1200+!! Now I live where's its virtually flat and I drive the speed limit or just a bit under..... so there's that also. Currently averaging 19.3 mpg.
Here is mine with 116 miles on the tank!
1000005464.jpg

A little off topic: Do you all use any additive or cleaner now that you have a larger tank? Im not looking for any recommendation on product, I know there are many threads. More just wondering if you all are adding it in and at what measurement? example: archoil ar6400-d says 1 bottle for 30-40 gallons. Would you put feel comfortable putting 2 bottles?

Back