Forscan setup?

thkbaron

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Military
No
First Responder
Fire Fighter/Law Enforcement
I’m sure there’s a thread for this but I couldn’t find it. What do I need to get forscan setup for my 22 I’m waiting on. The only thing I really care about is tpms thresholds. I have the obd2 dongle link mx that I was using with my 18 ram on alpha obd. I think I can use that?

You need a windows laptop and FORScan license which you can get a temporary one if you join their forum or you can support them and purchase a license. I would use a wired obd adapter not a wireless one specifically the OBDLink EX Forscan obd adapter from amazon here. Make sure to check out all the instructions and make sure to backup all the as built before modifying anything and I would back it up to more than one place in case something happens you have another backup.

Version for Windows is free. FORScan Lite for iOS and Android are simplified versions of
FORScan optimized for mobile platforms. It has no configuration and programming functions,
as well as some service functions. It's an automotive diagnostic tool https://bestobd2scanners.com/autel/maxisys-elite-reviews/ and its uses reveal many codes.

Last edited:
You need a windows laptop and FORScan license which you can get a temporary one if you join their forum or you can support them and purchase a license. I would use a wired obd adapter not a wireless one specifically the OBDLink EX Forscan obd adapter from amazon here. Make sure to check out all the instructions and make sure to backup all the as built before modifying anything and I would back it up to more than one place in case something happens you have another backup.
Computer literacy is not my strength.

I have successfully connected everything from what I can tell. It tells me all about the truck. What I cannot find is where do you go to actually change things?

Computer literacy is not my strength.

I have successfully connected everything from what I can tell. It tells me all about the truck. What I cannot find is where do you go to actually change things?
Your best bet is to look at some forscan tutorials on YouTube. They don’t have to be super duty specific you just need to see what does what etc.

Use this spreadsheet that’s specific to the 20+ super duties to make changes to the as-built.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...d4-oWZg4aoYfGLCMTTO5Y/htmlview#gid=1226233122

Connected to Forscan tonight for first time.

"Sorry, you need an Extended License to run this function".

Bottom says "READY".

Can I just close out forscan until I find a license?

Well, first attempt at Forscan and not great.

I turned off the honk while running. That worked great.
I dropped my TPMS down to 50 front and rear. When I read the module setup it shows that it took and it confirmed it as well... however... this is what I see when I restart the truck: Why?

IMG_5028.JPG

Well, first attempt at Forscan and not great.

I turned off the honk while running. That worked great.
I dropped my TPMS down to 50 front and rear. When I read the module setup it shows that it took and it confirmed it as well... however... this is what I see when I restart the truck: Why?

View attachment 46391
You need to drive the truck. No issue, it's normal.

Back