First Super Duty, First Tremor and loving it!

MidcenturySchizoidMan

Tremor Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction Points
11
Location
TX
Current Ride #1
2026 F250 Platinum Tremor
Hi. Just started lurking these forums for the last month after buying my first 2026 F250 6.7HO Platinum Tremor in Avalanche. Finally registered for this site so I can partake in discussions as I'm very interested in all details about this truck. I never really cared about my vehicle as much as I do with this one, something about it is special.

For the last 2 years I drove an F150 Platinum Hybrid, also in Avalanche. And I do love that truck too but I never cared to add anything to it. I kept most everything stock. I just used it to drive as a daily driver, do work stuff and tow once in a while. It's a great truck, don't get me wrong - nothing wrong with a half ton. But after owning the Super Duty for a couple months now - I can safely say there is something incredible in the F250 (it's a REAL truck!) and I found myself wanting to upgrade and personalize it much more than I have ever before.

I started towing more and towing heavier, so I decided to give my F150 to a family member and bought my F250. I think I got a pretty good deal - $10k off MSRP and included 2 year maintenance and 4 year extended warranty. Oh - I also got them to throw in a free "Super Duty" windshield sunscreen, haha. I bought it 2 months ago and am hearing now some better deals are floating around, but at the time I didn't want to wait - I needed Avalanche to match the F150 and my cargo trailer (happens to be a muted light grey similar to Avalanche) and since 2027 will no longer have Avalanche, I bought my truck as soon as I got the dealership down to the price I was pushing for.

I drive mostly unloaded but I do a lot of projects so I'm constantly using the bed - for lumber, furniture, tools, or whatever the day calls for. I tow maybe 20% of the time normally but we are moving our warehouse and our home at the moment so I'm towing more like 40 to 50% of the time, but just until we are done with the move. I have a 20' Celltech Cargo Trailer (all steel construction) so fully loaded with heavy stuff I'll maybe get up to 10k lbs, unloaded is 3,500 lbs. And we have a 28' Airstream which loaded is around 9,000 lbs. My F150 did the job - using a ProPride (Hensley) weight distribution hitch but it struggled up steeper inclines. I don't do much off-road, only driving on our Texas land, we have some acres and a warehouse on it, so I do drive around the land a bit but it is not serious off-roading and while my wife's Explorer Timberline handles that just fine, the F250 is simply much more fun!

My build was to get as fully loaded as I could without the Plus package - I didn't want chrome accents otherwise I would have considered it. I got the Platinum Tremor in Avalanche with 6.7 HO Powerstroke w 3.55 electronic locking axle. I was considering the 7.3 first but I like the extra range I get with the diesel and it is fun! I got the onboard Pro-Power, Securicode entry, Max Recline seats, Upfitter switches, Moonroof, High Capacity Tow package, and Engine block heater. It has the power running boards, I think that comes standard with Platinum? I really like them and am happy it wasn't the stock Tremor boards - nothing wrong with them but I do like the lower height so my wife can get in more easily.

So far I've added:
- Air Lift 7500XLs with Wireless Air and on-board compressor (Upfitter 1)... although I already lost the wireless remote (DOH!)
- Baja Designs A-Pillar and Rear lights (Upfitter 2 and 3)
- Wolfbox Rearview mirror and cameras

And installing this week:
- Mud Flaps with USA flags
- Banks Pedal Monster and iDash
- Hornblasters air horn (Upfitter 6)
- Starlink Mini mount

What I'm planning to install but still researching to decide on exact items:
- Carli torsion sway bar kit
- Carli Upper and Lower Stabilizers
- Considering Carli Pathfinder kit but researching if it is good without their Progressive leaf springs as they are not compatible with my Air Lift bags
- If Pathfinder is not good without their leaf springs, then maybe the Commuter kit
- Someone suggested skipping the Carli kits and instead getting Bilstein 5100s

So still some deciding to do and I'm loving these forums because everyone is so nice, helpful and passionate about trucks.

And some things about me - besides my new found love for trucks, I also love Texas BBQ - I have a Yoder 640S and love to smoke briskets, ribs and more. I'm hoping to get an offset smoker next year. I also love cooking steaks, I try to make sure I have steak at least 2 or 3 nights a week. We are a raw milk family so that has been my biggest hack at staying healthy and keeping my gut tip top shape.

I also love music - specifically Progressive Metal and Metalcore. My favorite bands are Periphery, Vildhjarta, Invent Animate, Grayscale Season, Leprous, Currents, Northlane, Haken, TesseracT, and ERRA. I grew up listening to Progressive rock - (King Crimson, Rush, Yes, Genesis, Gentle Giant) and Classic Rock - (Rare Earth, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Boston, Styx, Tom Petty)

And last - I love dogs. We rescued over 100 dogs over the past 15 years but now just help others with their rescues as we are too busy to do rescue ourselves. We have 2 senior dogs and 1 puppy.

That's it about my truck and me! I'm excited to be here and look forward to participating!


IMG_3736.webp
IMG_2484.webp
IMG_2485.webp
 
Cat's foot, iron claw... neurosurgeons screaming for more... brisket?

Howdy! Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Tremor. You gave all the details except what city in Texas you reside, your full name and social security number 🤪.

You're gonna love this forum. Feel free to grab a brisket taco, sit back, and blast some King Crimson on the teak wood hi-fi console. Just please don't spill Shiner Bock on the shag rug, or we'll have to send you back to the Alamo.
 
Welcome & congrats

Now that’s an intro! 🤪
Haha I thought I was supposed to write an intro? :ROFLMAO: Well TBH I had a couple glasses of bourbon and my wife went to bed early so I had some time to be on this forum while watching YouTube videos trying to figure out what darn suspension parts to get haha
 
Cat's foot, iron claw... neurosurgeons screaming for more... brisket?

Howdy! Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Tremor. You gave all the details except what city in Texas you reside, your full name and social security number 🤪.

You're gonna love this forum. Feel free to grab a brisket taco, sit back, and blast some King Crimson on the teak wood hi-fi console. Just please don't spill Shiner Bock on the shag rug, or we'll have to send you back to the Alamo.
My social is 387-92.... wait a darn moment!!! :LOL:
 
Back
Top Bottom