EXP626 build thread.

Nice build - love that you are making just how you want it! One comments: every time I see a photo of this button by your leg/knee - I think - there has to be a better spot for that - both for comfort and for safety - Be nice if you could find a spot on console to drill out a hole and mount there. Seems like to the right of the Fenix one of those two plates would come off and be an ideal spot for that button. Hate to see you slice your leg open on that offroad or in a wreck. Keep the build coming!
20220626_104405-jpg.55302
That would never fly in a squad car. Put that magnet mount on the council.

That would never fly in a squad car. Put that magnet mount on the council.
That was actually how the mount came from havis. It's how we've run them in superdutoes for while. Unfortunately the reach is too far to mount it on the other side of the console.

Nice build - love that you are making just how you want it! One comments: every time I see a photo of this button by your leg/knee - I think - there has to be a better spot for that - both for comfort and for safety - Be nice if you could find a spot on console to drill out a hole and mount there. Seems like to the right of the Fenix one of those two plates would come off and be an ideal spot for that button. Hate to see you slice your leg open on that offroad or in a wreck. Keep the build coming!
20220626_104405-jpg.55302
Magnetic mic mount. Also the plates you're talking about have been updated with other pieces that weren't available at the time. That mount will get moved as that's where my cellphone holder will be mounted. But that's how it came directly from havis

It’s moveable, I manage a fleet of police vehicles with havis councils and use only magnet mounts.

It’s moveable, I manage a fleet of police vehicles with havis councils and use only magnet mounts.
Exactly is moveable. However with that specific bracket is designed to clip to volt to the rails. Due to ergonomics and lack of space within the console itself. Easiest access location is by the right though. However due to changing units it may not be put to use at all

Lol ! Looks like a volunteer‘s truck ! It looks hideous, absolutely awful, but hey to each his own. Sorry if you don’t like the comment but you put it out there and it had to be said. 🤣😂🤣

Lol ! Looks like a volunteer‘s truck ! It looks hideous, absolutely awful, but hey to each his own. Sorry if you don’t like the comment but you put it out there and it had to be said. 🤣😂🤣
I mean it is a volunteers truck, it's also a working truck built for a specific purpose. It also has been built with top quality components and no shortcuts were taken. I wouldn't have contracts with multiple departments if they didn't like it. But you're right to each his own! I appreciate the feedback!

Cheers

Also I can't fault you too much...you were in the army after all 🤣🤣.

In all seriousness, from a fellow vet, stay safe and thank you for your service brother.

In all seriousness, from a fellow vet, stay safe and thank you for your service brother.
If I would have known how much better the Air Force treats its people I would have gone there instead, you made the best choice in picking a branch. Here in Florida the departments that have volunteer firefighters are so awful, all the volunteers have the lights and radios and all kind of mess in their own cars and trucks. They don’t train with us regularly and are just a hot mess on scene. It’s so bed here that if you even put on an application that you are a volunteer you won’t get hired. I am sure it’s different where you live or at least I hope so. I know that our SAR teams are stretched thin and most don’t join SAR because they don’t like the Everglade swamps. They did not bother me since I spent most of my youth hunting in the glades. If we had people that actually were serious about training and worked within our command structure instead of freelancing it would be great. But that bumper is kinda looking cool to me now……Hmmmm…………

And thank you for your service as well brother. I had to call for air support a few times and was ALWAYS happy to see old spooky sending those desert ticks to Jesus ! And the few times I got to train with your combat controllers as well……those guys are straight up animals ! I think they may even be better than the SEALS in some areas !

If I would have known how much better the Air Force treats its people I would have gone there instead, you made the best choice in picking a branch. Here in Florida the departments that have volunteer firefighters are so awful, all the volunteers have the lights and radios and all kind of mess in their own cars and trucks. They don’t train with us regularly and are just a hot mess on scene. It’s so bed here that if you even put on an application that you are a volunteer you won’t get hired. I am sure it’s different where you live or at least I hope so. I know that our SAR teams are stretched thin and most don’t join SAR because they don’t like the Everglade swamps. They did not bother me since I spent most of my youth hunting in the glades. If we had people that actually were serious about training and worked within our command structure instead of freelancing it would be great. But that bumper is kinda looking cool to me now……Hmmmm…………
Where I was in Montana volunteers were all we had. And I can tell you me and my crew are better trained than most professional units. Now that being said volunteer fire is way different than SAR. A lot of whackers in volunteer fire. I'm in Houston now, and this build is less than ideal for this environment but I can still do patient transport and launch a boat in high water. Always doing cowboy shit.

View attachment 1220589 long months later I have some new content for you guys

Awesome looking rig! 🏆
Keep up the good work and great posts!

Is there a winch in her future?
If so, which one and it’s rating?

Also, any Unity lights on the list to install?

I had a canvas topper on my F250 Camper Special back in the late 70’s. Certainly not as good looking as yours! Got it from the JC Whitney Catalog along with a whole bunch of other truck goodies!👍

Keep the updates coming!😎

20231122_164909.jpg
20231127_164602.jpg
20231104_164525.jpg

Sorry guys been busy finishing up some wiring and with various events. Currently working on the LMTV chasing down a starting issue so my truck is on hold

Back