Dual Stabilizers Up Front

Did you leave on the stock stabilizer? Have you had any issues, or concerns since the install? Was there an actual installation video to refer to? I heard the instructions are somewhat confusing.
The install was a piece of cake....just watch some you tube videos and follow the torque specs in the instructions......trust me I am no Fordseinormaster......I am NOOOOOO Mechanic,,,,,I am Fat, Old enough for Social Security, and I swear alot when I have to get under my truck and get back out.....I am however a retired Senior Master Sergeant ............and yes I left the stock steering stabilizer on with no issues!!

I did the install in an hour in my driveway which is at about a 20 degree pitch.....Easy Easy Easy!!

Did you leave on the stock stabilizer? Have you had any issues, or concerns since the install? Was there an actual installation video to refer to? I heard the instructions are somewhat confusing.
yes i left the factory one on. No issues at all

Installed PMF with kings today! Piece of cake. Looks great!

Attachments

• 2428B69B-D16E-407D-87EC-F2CF524313EE.jpeg
    2428B69B-D16E-407D-87EC-F2CF524313EE.jpeg
    332.3 KB · Views: 124
Installed PMF with kings today! Piece of cake. Looks great!
Outstanding....your gonna love that setup...and it looks badass on the truck!!(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) :love:

I love when shit is high quality and it installs like it was made to be bolted in place.........PMF really did a good job with this kit!

I have the dual BDS Fox units on mine. My opinion only is this style can help prevent the death wobble and helps take some of the impact of catching stuff with a tire off road.View attachment 13393
I like your setup. I have s single stabilizer and i think i should go to a double. How was the install?

Has anybody had any issues with the truck not driving straight with this setup? I thought I read on a couple of reviews that peoples steering wheels wereturning by themselves because technically the bracket is not centered so one shock was pushing it in the other direction.

Has anybody had any issues with the truck not driving straight with this setup? I thought I read on a couple of reviews that peoples steering wheels wereturning by themselves because technically the bracket is not centered so one shock was pushing it in the other direction.
I have the PMF with kings, drives great!

Wrangler, don't take this wrong but can you honestly say you can feel an improvement?
Also, I wonder at how the Adaptive Steering likes it.

Wrangler, don't take this wrong but can you honestly say you can feel an improvement?
Also, I wonder at how the Adaptive Steering likes it.
Stock it handled fine your correct, now it’s probably a little slower you center. But it also takes the edge off from the ruts/ straight line cracks grabbing the wheels. I’ve had issues with Jeeps/ straight axle vehicles with the trac bar bolt/ mounting hole slopping out on the axle side. And this design is the only thing that might help prevent that. That is another reason to always get the adjustable trac bar with lifts and not the junk ass relocation bracket. That’s my opinion and why I bought it.

My choice would be the steering stabilizers (King?) from Carli Suspension....OR....Fox ATS steering stabilizer

is anybody running a dual steering stabilizer with adaptive steering ? how is it working out ? i was told by pmf that most trucks it's working fine, but some trucks with adaptive steering don't like it.

My experience is the opposite. Since putting on RC dual stabilizer, the truck meanders more than with the stock. I have a Ready Lift leveling kit and Bilsteins.

Owning the Carli system with a high/low dual stab, I couldn't have been more surprised when I first saw these dual stab kits like linked above and earlier from BDS, where they are all on the same level. Multiple ways to skin a cat...but really makes me wonder. When you compare the travel the Carli system has vs the BDS w/ Fox (for example)... they can't be apples to apples...?

mine is a stock 22, so i was just wondering.

As long as the truck isn't wandering!
no it's not wandering for the most part. i was just thinking the stabilizer would help some of the front end parts not wear out as fast as they normally would. that was a good play on words....

is anybody running a dual steering stabilizer with adaptive steering ? how is it working out ? i was told by pmf that most trucks it's working fine, but some trucks with adaptive steering don't like it.
I have the PMF and dual fox steering stabilizers with Adaptive Steering. I would say try a few different pressures to find out what you like. I tried 50psi, 75psi, 100psi and 125psi. I think 75psi is the sweet spot with a little return to center but no adverse steering gremlins with the adaptive steering at low speeds.

I ended up taking off my stock stabilizer (I know some people left them on). If your PSI is too high adaptive steering seems to fight it.

I have the PMF and dual fox steering stabilizers with Adaptive Steering. I would say try a few different pressures to find out what you like. I tried 50psi, 75psi, 100psi and 125psi. I think 75psi is the sweet spot with a little return to center but no adverse steering gremlins with the adaptive steering at low speeds.

I ended up taking off my stock stabilizer (I know some people left them on). If your PSI is too high adaptive steering seems to fight it.
wow, thank you. how do you adjust the pressure on the fox shocks ? do i have to take them off and on, and find somebody that know's fox shocks ?

Back