Dual Stabilizers Up Front

Can you verify the part number on those Bilstein shocks? Is it 33-170794? Thanks!!
I bought them from Rudysdiesel.com Burlington NC. They are Bilstien 5100s but they came as a kit and cannot verify the part number.

If you search Rudys website for PMF steering Stabilizer they will pop up. Rudys phone is 866-757-6537 they also use Fox and King with the PMF Kit but they do not list the exact part number on the website.....give them a call and I am sure they can help you with part numbers.

The Bilstiens come with the boots. Tommorrow after work I will try and remember to crawl under the truck and attempt to see the part number

I ordered the PMF kit with the Bilstein shocks...I like the idea of the boots!

This forum is awesome. Thank you!

I bought them from Rudysdiesel.com Burlington NC. They are Bilstien 5100s but they came as a kit and cannot verify the part number.

If you search Rudys website for PMF steering Stabilizer they will pop up. Rudys phone is 866-757-6537 they also use Fox and King with the PMF Kit but they do not list the exact part number on the website.....give them a call and I am sure they can help you with part numbers.

The Bilstiens come with the boots. Tommorrow after work I will try and remember to crawl under the truck and attempt to see the part number

Thanks. Looks like the part number is written right on the shock body (y)

edit: nevermind, found a video online and verified. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Its a pretty easy install, just take measurements of the shocks when installed and make them equal. You will feel them at first as a little more stiff but soon that goes away, i went with Fox i think the Kings are awesome but overkill for what i do.
Got it done on both the Jeep Rubicon and the Tremor.
Fox with both, I sprayed them down with Amsoil Corrosion Protection. Just hosed it on. I know it looks bad but I can clean it off with solvent and they will shine like new. Best to protect them so the garbage they use on the roads to melt the ice doesn't corrode them.

Install wall a breeze, easier on the Ford than the Jeep ( different brand kits, same shocks. ) I replaced the drag link and tie rods on my Jeep 30,000 miles they had a bit of movement so we upgraded to all MOOG parts with grease fittings. If I would have had the dual kit on right away with the larger tires, I probably would not have needed to replace parts this early. That was main reason to get them on my Ford Tremor, since I have larger wheels and tires. The Jeep photos was taken as we were setting up the kit hence the bolts are not tightened.

Thanks you Bruce for the recommendation of the PMF kit. It is well designed and heavy duty!!!!!!!!!!
IMG_6550.jpeg
IMG_6451.jpeg

I have to consider boots, anyone have a good place to order them from ????

Fox with both, I sprayed them down with Amsoil Corrosion Protection. Just hosed it on. I know it looks bad but I can clean it off with solvent and they will shine like new. Best to protect them so the garbage they use on the roads to melt the ice doesn't corrode them.

Install wall a breeze, easier on the Ford than the Jeep ( different brand kits, same shocks. ) I replaced the drag link and tie rods on my Jeep 30,000 miles they had a bit of movement so we upgraded to all MOOG parts with grease fittings. If I would have had the dual kit on right away with the larger tires, I probably would not have needed to replace parts this early. That was main reason to get them on my Ford Tremor, since I have larger wheels and tires. The Jeep photos was taken as we were setting up the kit hence the bolts are not tightened.

Thanks you Bruce for the recommendation of the PMF kit. It is well designed and heavy duty!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 16251View attachment 16253
Oil leaking in top pic?

Oil leaking in top pic?
Read the post:

its Amsoil Corrosion Protection, I hosed it on thick to protect the new parts from road salt, calcium chloride and other destructive ice melting shit the plows use these days. It can be wiped off with solvent in the spring and they will look like brand new. Otherwise they the aluminum will get corrosion on it and they will be ugly like my very expensive Fox shocks in my Raptor. I wish I would have known to spray those down.

Read the post:

its Amsoil Corrosion Protection, I hosed it on thick to protect the new parts from road salt, calcium chloride and other destructive ice melting shit the plows use these days. It can be wiped off with solvent in the spring and they will look like brand new. Otherwise they the aluminum will get corrosion on it and they will be ugly like my very expensive Fox shocks in my Raptor. I wish I would have known to spray those down.
Sorry just skimming through during a boring zoom conference call. Lol.

Your

View attachment 16251View attachment 16253
You are so welcome Papa.....,.I have had mine on 8-9 months and the whole assembly looks like brand new still....Of Course the weather in SouthEast NC is really good for vehicles. I am still super happy with the quality and the performance of this kit. PMF makes some good shit!!

ok sorry I keep forgetting to crawl under my Truck.....It's probably my sub concious telling me not to...I will Friday for sure.

Your

You are so welcome Papa.....,.I have had mine on 8-9 months and the whole assembly looks like brand new still....Of Course the weather in SouthEast NC is really good for vehicles. I am still super happy with the quality and the performance of this kit. PMF makes some good shit!!
I googled every kit and watched videos and the PMF kit is best, many kits require lift kits that are larger than a stock Tremor. Others are wimpy and come from distributors that get them made in China. BUY USA!!!!!. Sucks that I am in the salt belt with ice melting products on the roads and had to goob up my brand new parts with corrosion protection, but they will be well protected. Nice thing too about PMF is the different shock options. You can choose and pay accordingly. I would love to hear from someone who got the King shocks. I did not receive shock boots from either of my Fox shocks so I have a few pairs on order. Nice that the Bilstien come with boots.

Don't sweat it. I managed to verify it. Thanks!!

You will like the main bracket way better, most others are 2 big U-bolts. PMF lets you choose which shock u want also. By far the best kit ive seen or had, I have ran several different ones until i found PMF
Do you recommend removing the stock stabilizer, when the the new PMF dual stabilizer is installed? The PMF tech just emailed me, letting me know it was my decision. No harm leaving it in place, it just adds a little more overall resistance. I was curious what most people have been doing, who installed the dual stabilizers. Thanks

I got the kit from PMF there main bracket seems to more sturdy! View attachment 13964
Did you leave on the stock stabilizer? Have you had any issues, or concerns since the install? Was there an actual installation video to refer to? I heard the instructions are somewhat confusing.

I have to consider boots, anyone have a good place to order them from ????
Might want to think about adding boots to the shocks for a couple reasons.

If Fox wanted or recommended having the boots, I would think Fox would send a 5 dollar item with their shocks.

Also, remember that when you put a boot on shock, you're creating an area that can trap and hold things like dirt, water and general grime. If a guy does run the boots then I would definitely recommend drilling drain holes, to assist with getting the grime out! The more grime, dirt and crud left near that seal is probably more damaging then a potential rock ding in the shaft?

The other option, if you're looking for more "protection" from road debris, you could always look at their guards? The link at the bottom is for a set of those, which I believe would work ???

I have the dual Fox steering stabilizer setup like others and my plan is to leave the boots off, so I can clean and inspect at any time with ease.

Again, just another thought process.

Back