Disappointed in the B&O unleashed system

SteelHawk

Tremor Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2026
Messages
22
Reaction Points
31
Location
Colorado
Current Ride #1
2026 F250 tremor 7.3 lariat ultimate
Current Ride #2
Can-am X3 XRS
Hey guys, just wanted to vent. I absolutely love my new F250 tremor but I’m a little disappointed in the sound system. I spent the extra money and got the ultimate package for the audio upgrade. ( didn’t really care about the power side steps or the heads up display). I didn’t think It would be as underwhelming as it is. I mean, it doesn’t sound terrible but my 2019 raptor with the B&O didn’t rattle nearly as much as this truck does. I should’ve tested the sound system out better at the dealer. I guess my question is what have you guys done to fix the rattles in the truck? I can’t be the only person having these issues? I think the system will be ok if I can stop everything from rattling.
 
Mine is terrible and disappointing. I believe the fix to be insulation and a sub but I haven’t tried it
 
I have zero issues with mine...sounds amazing IMPO. Had the top of the line Bose in my 2024 Chevy 2500HD High Country and this B&O blows it away in every respect. Bass is solid and the mid-highs work for me. No rattles...just solid!
 
Mine is terrible and disappointing. I believe the fix to be insulation and a sub but I haven’t tried it
Yeah, considering the wattage of the system, the bass is definitely lacking. I figured this system would’ve blown away anything I’ve had. I agree, I think it needs a subwoofer upgrade and insulation or something to fix all the rattles.
 
I have zero issues with mine...sounds amazing IMPO. Had the top of the line Bose in my 2024 Chevy 2500HD High Country and this B&O blows it away in every respect. Bass is solid and the mid-highs work for me. No rattles...just solid!
Glad to hear it’s better than the Chevys high end system. Maybe I’m just too picky. My biggest gripe is the plastics rattling.
 
I have zero issues with mine...sounds amazing IMPO. Had the top of the line Bose in my 2024 Chevy 2500HD High Country and this B&O blows it away in every respect. Bass is solid and the mid-highs work for me. No rattles...just solid!
Mine has been great so far. It's not a deep bass, but I don't expect it to be crazy deep though.
 
I didn't notice mine to rattle when stock, but in all other regards it just generally sucked IMO.

To fix it in general, I pulled the interior except for the dash and headliner and sound deadened the entire cab, and then pulled the door panels and did the doors and also installed block off plates in place of the factory plastic vapor barriers. Once done with that, I replaced every factory speaker with the Focal Flax equivalent using adapter plates from Sounds Good Stereo, and also replaced the factory sub with the behind the seat unit from Sounds Good Stereo.

There's a lot of work distilled in those sentences, but once done, it is the best sounding stereo I have ever had that is still running off of a factory amplifier.

If I'm ever bored with a couple G to play with, I MIGHT replace the factory amp for a DSP unit and get it tuned, but I am in absolutely no hurry at this point.

Good Luck.
 
Sounds like it’s not as common of an issue as I thought.
 
I didn't notice mine to rattle when stock, but in all other regards it just generally sucked IMO.

To fix it in general, I pulled the interior except for the dash and headliner and sound deadened the entire cab, and then pulled the door panels and did the doors and also installed block off plates in place of the factory plastic vapor barriers. Once done with that, I replaced every factory speaker with the Focal Flax equivalent using adapter plates from Sounds Good Stereo, and also replaced the factory sub with the behind the seat unit from Sounds Good Stereo.

There's a lot of work distilled in those sentences, but once done, it is the best sounding stereo I have ever had that is still running off of a factory amplifier.

If I'm ever bored with a couple G to play with, I MIGHT replace the factory amp for a DSP unit and get it tuned, but I am in absolutely no hurry at this As far as the spears I rather not tear up the whole truck just yet. Maybe down the road.

I didn't notice mine to rattle when stock, but in all other regards it just generally sucked IMO.

To fix it in general, I pulled the interior except for the dash and headliner and sound deadened the entire cab, and then pulled the door panels and did the doors and also installed block off plates in place of the factory plastic vapor barriers. Once done with that, I replaced every factory speaker with the Focal Flax equivalent using adapter plates from Sounds Good Stereo, and also replaced the factory sub with the behind the seat unit from Sounds Good Stereo.

There's a lot of work distilled in those sentences, but once done, it is the best sounding stereo I have ever had that is still running off of a factory amplifier.

If I'm ever bored with a couple G to play with, I MIGHT replace the factory amp for a DSP unit and get it tuned, but I am in absolutely no hurry at this point.

Good Luck.
Thanks man! I’ll look into doing some of this down the road. I hate to tear into the whole truck just yet. Maybe I’ll start with a sub if it’s an easy swap. I also need to tack down where the plastic is rattling and see if I can quiet it down. Hopefully it’s just something loose in the door.
 
Here's a couple threads that might be helpful:


 
I used to go crazy with car audio when I was younger. Now, it's not all that important to me and the OEM system does just fine and meets my needs.
 
Here's a couple threads that might be helpful:


Thanks Optimus! I’ll take a look at these links.
 
I used to go crazy with car audio when I was younger. Now, it's not all that important to me and the OEM system does just fine and meets my needs.
I think for a lot of people it probably is a great system. I’ve always been into high-end audio. My expectations are probably a little bit higher than others. I don’t want to rip the whole system out, I’m just looking for a little more bass and to fix whatever is rattling around in the door/doors. That’s my biggest concern.
 
I think for a lot of people it probably is a great system. I’ve always been into high-end audio. My expectations are probably a little bit higher than others. I don’t want to rip the whole system out, I’m just looking for a little more bass and to fix whatever is rattling around in the door/doors. That’s my biggest concern.
Totally understand my friend.
 
Back
Top Bottom