Disabling the modem (pulling the fuse)

All vehicles have a "blackbox" now anyway. Disconnecting the modem doesn't disconnect that. So they could have pulled the info from there.
Anything you can do to make it more difficult matters. Like encryption etc and the point of the BMW story was that data is being used against you. Period. Buttigieg and the wannabe commies already put forth a bill to charge you per mile etc as these tighter policies advance...guess where they get the data. Imagine another lockdown...and your vehicle ratting you out for being more than 3 miles from you home. Think that's extreme? Check into Australia right now. And remember that the same group is already posing climate lockdowns.

Nothing you can do outside of throwing your cell phone in the trash and not owning one will protect you. Do not make assumptions about me, you'll just end up looking stupid, later.
Did not mean to offend you - lets reset a bit - my jersey roots come off snarky......but I disagree. You can do a lot to secure your phone.

If you dont care or get annoyed by the subject - change the channel - you can secure your phone.

You can do a lot to secure your phone.

No, you can't. You THINK you can. But you can't. Its a false sense of security. You are being spied on and having your data harvested right now.

No, you can't. You THINK you can. But you can't. Its a false sense of security.
Get specific. trust me you can. I have a phone without any google tech etc and its not the false flag "freedom phone" its not always easy or simple. But you can period. You can layer security and also get phones without google chips etc It all depends on how much security you require.

Anything is better than nothing too. The more you reduce your data signature the better. Signal App, VPN, hardware etc there is a variety of ways to avoid being terrain mapped etc. Human Terrain Systems

Get specific. trust me you can. I have a phone without any google tech etc and its not the false flag "freedom phone" its not always easy or simple. But you can period. You can layer security and also get phones without google chips etc It all depends on how much security you require.

Lets say I had your phone number. If I called you, would your phone ring? If the answer is yes, then you are on the grid, and I have your location data, I also have the data and access to the phones, camera, microphone, etc of all the sheep that you will come into contact with today.

You are not protected, at all, despite what lengths you go to.

Lets say I had your phone number. If I called you, would your phone ring? If the answer is yes, then you are on the grid, and I have your location data, I also have the data and access to the phones, camera, microphone, etc of all the sheep that you will come into contact with today.

You are not protected, at all, despite what lengths you go to.
We disagree and that is OK

Story - Had a buddy on a high profile security detail for a very well known person and his family. One of the first things they do is called data confusion. Say I find your profile on mylife.com (go ahead search yourself and tell me you are happy) I can get that removed and confused by adding fake data all over the place. Cell phones are used to create those mylife data profiles. Not just public record. Even a basic VPN has value if you use your phone to buy online.

The reason this reductive nihilism is so prevalent is that we've become a society of the professionally ignorant. The more people who care, who choose to draw a distinction between themselves and a digital veal calf, the more impact the refusal will have. As we're always told, the resistance of one person never did anything...

... But the informed resistance of Millions would.

Our collective apathy is absolutely the fault of the impotent 'nothing matters' argument of civic weakness, fostered by a lifetime of exposure to an increasingly paternalistic system of social controls. The American citizen has become an industrially farmed animal wherein the data we produce - enabled by our absolutely subsidized device fixation - is collected, analyzed, aggregated, packaged, sold, deanonymized, analyzed again and again for various interests and behavioral focusing, contextualized, repackaged, resold - ad nauseam.

The real-world value of the data we produce is easily in the range of Trillions of dollars, annually, yet not only do we give it away for free, we continue to pay for products and services that collect these streams of data. Facebook and Google are entirely funded by the monetization of your digital production. The perfect and inescapable threat inherent in converting the modern social constituency into an oligarchy of corporate interests while reducing the human animal to a digital agricultural chattel hybrid is inarguable. In an era where people's real wages haven't increased in decades, and inflation is out of control, why is the value of an individual's production the right of a disinterested and predatory corporate interest? That our legislators are too uneducated and corrupt is the only thing that prevents comprehensive digital identity and privacy controls that ensure the citizen firmly holds the rights to the value and application of their data production. All we have to do is require our representatives to address the issue, but we don't. We only bicker about the never-ending and forgettable string of emotionally salacious issues the media and political operatives have cooked up for us - day in and day out...

The fact is, we've become a fat, drugged, lazy, bitchy, passive, domesticated population dependent on our various supply chains and entitlements. It's inescapable because we talk big and act small.

I worked in domestic surveillance and artificial intelligence for almost ten years. I left sometime during the Obama regime. What we were doing then, and who was providing the funding - and why - became an issue of principle for me. Right now, more than ever, the remaining citizens and heirs of the western tradition need to internalize that our digital dragnet is the end of the modern world as we understand it and advocate accordingly. Here, there; wherever the topic is raised.

There is no Republican versus Democrat dichotomy. Right now there is one party, represented across a narrow spectrum of socially inflammatory topics designed to offer the illusion of choice. The two dominant parties have inarguably transitioned into two new, very loaded, unpopular designations. The Left now represents a wildly incompatible series of positions that are nothing short of Communist in nature or expression. The right has changed as well, since the formal neocon consolidation of power in 1994, the party has only one unified position, known as zionism.

The fact is, the platform of the left seeks nothing but the dissolution of the western state, and the right seeks only to serve their monied interest, and above all else, the interests of a foreign power who we have already and freely given 14.7 Trillion dollars to since 1949. Bear in mind our current national debt of 28.5 Trillion dollars.

Realize that for several years now, it has not been the civil governing structure in control of our mindlessly connected societies, it is the cloistered, activist, indoctrinated, boards and committees of dozens of companies like Facebook, Google, Fox, Disney, Turner, et al. Private corporations dictate the nature of the Overton window and restrict all dissent under the guise of catchwords and scary accusations. But chief among these stateless, multinational oligarchs is George Soros who has invested no less than 2/3 of his entire net worth into activist corporations dedicated to social reconstruction via transnational activist networks, new media, and big data.

All of this, literally 100% of it, is a consequence of our collective unwillingness to demand ownership of our personal meta-data production and explicit content controls. So the nihilist is right, one person, doing one thing, does nothing.

Never has.

That's why getting in front of these bullshit arguments whenever they are vomited on screen is so critical. It's not that there is an expectation that minds will be changed, or words believed, it's that they poison the threads they're injected into and these types of threads are important. That some random on the internet doesn't see the point is fuck-all irrelevant... Go away. Start a privacy sucks thread, but don't co-opt a thread of people who WANT to take whatever ineffectual steps they can - because these are the people that perceive the threat and feel compelled to resist. These are the people who do the thinking that others later copy.

These are valuable walkthroughs, there is literally no value created or conferred by dropping in solely to shit on them.

Last edited:
The reason this reductive nihilism is so prevalent is that we've become a society of the professionally ignorant. The more people who care, who choose to draw a distinction between themselves and a digital veal calf, the more impact the refusal will have. As we're always told, the resistance of one person never did anything...

... But the informed resistance of Millions would.

Our collective apathy is absolutely the fault of the impotent 'nothing matters' argument of civic weakness, fostered by a lifetime of exposure to an increasingly paternalistic system of social controls. The American citizen has become an industrially farmed animal wherein the data we produce - enabled by our absolutely subsidized device fixation - is collected, analyzed, aggregated, packaged, sold, deanonymized, analyzed again and again for various interests and behavioral focusing, contextualized, repackaged, resold - ad nauseam.

The real-world value of the data we produce is easily in the range of Trillions of dollars, annually, yet not only do we give it away for free, we continue to pay for products and services that collect these streams of data. Facebook and Google are entirely funded by the monetization of your digital production. The perfect and inescapable threat inherent in converting the modern social constituency into an oligarchy of corporate interests while reducing the human animal to a digital agricultural chattel hybrid is inarguable. In an era where people's real wages haven't increased in decades, and inflation is out of control, why is the product of an individual's production the right of a disinterests and often hostile corporate interest? That our legislators are too uneducated and, well, corrupt, is the only thing that prevents comprehensive digital identity and privacy controls. All we have to do is require our representatives to address the issue, but we don't. We only talk about the salacious issues the media and political operatives have cooked up for us - day in and day out...

The fact is, we've become a fat, drugged, lazy, bitchy, passive, domesticated population dependent on our various supply chains and entitlements. It's inescapable because we talk big and act small.

I worked in domestic surveillance and artificial intelligence for almost ten years. I left sometime during the Obama regime. What we were doing then, and who was providing the funding - and why - became an issue of principle for me. Right now, more than ever, the remaining citizens and heirs of the western tradition need to internalize that our digital dragnet is the end of the modern world as we understand it and advocate accordingly. Here, there; wherever the topic is raised.

There is no Republican versus Democrat dichotomy. Right now there is one party, represented across a narrow spectrum of socially inflammatory topics designed to offer the illusion of choice. The two dominant parties have inarguably transitioned into two new, very loaded, unpopular designations. The Left now represents a wildly incompatible series of positions that are nothing short of Communist. The right has changed as well, since the formal neocon consolidation of power in 1994, the party has only one unified position, known as zionism.

The fact is, the platform of the left seeks nothing but the dissolution of the western state, and the right seeks only to serve their monied interest, and above all else, the interests of a foreign power who we have already and freely given 14.7 Trillion dollars to since 1949. Bear in mind our current national debt of 28.5 Trillion dollars.

Realize that for several years now, it has not been the civil governing structure in control of our mindlessly connected societies, it is the cloistered, activist, indoctrinated, boards and committees of dozens of companies like Facebook, Google, Fox, Disney, et al. Private corporations dictate the nature of the Overton window and restrict all dissent under the guise of catchwords and scary accusations.

All of this, literally 100% of it, is a consequence of our collective unwillingness to demand ownership of our personal meta-data production and explicit content controls. So the nihilist is right, one person, doing one thing, does nothing.

Never has.

That's why getting in front of these bullshit arguments whenever they are vomited on screen is so critical. It's not that there is an expectation that minds will be changed, or words believed, it's that they poison the threads they're injected into and these types of threads are important. That someone doesn't see the point is fuck all irrelevant... Go away. Start a privacy suck thread, don't co-opt a thread of people who WANT to take whatever ineffectual steps they can - because these are the people that perceive the threat and feel compelled to resist. These are the people who do the thinking that others later copy.

These are valuable walkthroughs, there is literally no value created or conferred by dropping in solely to shit on them.
Well said

Are you still rocking the fuse out? Any issues with GPS or satellite radio?

Are you still rocking the fuse out? Any issues with GPS or satellite radio?
Yep! Fuse is still out, and still working great for my uses.

I actually don't use either of those features. I use CarPlay for all of my mapping/navigation and music needs. I'm pretty sure I remember stumbling into the satellite radio source accidentally, though, and music seemed to play just fine.

I'm currently without my truck (it's in the body shop - has been for the last couple of weeks getting some deer damage fixed). Once I get it back, happy to run through any tests you want me to and let you know the results. Just give me step by step directions of what you want me to do.

I don't have an exact date for when I'll get it back. But hopeful it will be soon here.

Yep! Fuse is still out, and still working great for my uses.

I actually don't use either of those features. I use CarPlay for all of my mapping/navigation and music needs. I'm pretty sure I remember stumbling into the satellite radio source accidentally, though, and music seemed to play just fine.

I'm currently without my truck (it's in the body shop - has been for the last couple of weeks getting some deer damage fixed). Once I get it back, happy to run through any tests you want me to and let you know the results. Just give me step by step directions of what you want me to do.

I don't have an exact date for when I'll get it back. But hopeful it will be soon here.

Thing I like about the GPS is it’s not dependent on cell service & it’s saved my ass from admitting I’m “lost” a few times as I use it as a backup to Apple car play, do not currently use the infotainment system for much of anything else

Not a fan of being tracked, but on the other hand still not a fan of being tracked

@ccw great thread man. I appreciate the post.

Is the fuse number the same for the 6.7L's as well? Can anyone confirm?
Glad it’s helpful!

Should be the same as there was no distinction made in the owners manual. Additionally in the same table of fuses I saw diesel-specific things (e.g. supplemental cab heater) that I can’t have in my gasser.

Good to know. Thanks, dude!
No problem! If you have any doubts, I encourage you to double-check your owners manual as well.

If it’s a 2022, the list of fuses in the interior fuse box is on page 393 and you’re looking for the fuse labeled “Embedded modem”. If you have a different model year, the page number (and possibly the fuse number) will be different, but the fuse label should be the same.

We disagree and that is OK

Story - Had a buddy on a high profile security detail for a very well known person and his family. One of the first things they do is called data confusion. Say I find your profile on mylife.com (go ahead search yourself and tell me you are happy) I can get that removed and confused by adding fake data all over the place. Cell phones are used to create those mylife data profiles. Not just public record. Even a basic VPN has value if you use your phone to buy online.
How does one get their Information of mylife, or confuse it?

How does one get their Information of mylife, or confuse it?

Idk i tried the site and all it knows appears to be what youd find in a phone book on face value. "as seen on" looks scammy they just want to sell subscriptions.

Everyone should understand that every action you take leaves a mark. unplugging your modem leaves a mark. Even if they don't collect telemetry data they do know your truck is running dark. People get busted for crimes when they leave the cell phone at home now because if you have a cell that you take with you 364 days a year that 1 day is suspicious.

Idk i tried the site and all it knows appears to be what youd find in a phone book on face value. "as seen on" looks scammy they just want to sell subscriptions.

Everyone should understand that every action you take leaves a mark. unplugging your modem leaves a mark. Even if they don't collect telemetry data they do know your truck is running dark. People get busted for crimes when they leave the cell phone at home now because if you have a cell that you take with you 364 days a year that 1 day is suspicious.

If you are innocent, why did you do that is being seen more and more and more, nothing like using your tech and your daily patterns against you so you have to prove you are innocent

Yep, OBD III was evil & ended up not being produced, this is way worse and since it’s for your own safety & what do you have to worry about if you obey the law

Saw a Tesla was stolen in SF & the owner knew exactly where his keys were, that’s within a foot of where they were as he knew where the car was, nothing like your every move being tracked and documented

Thread with a good discussion on that new law here:

Back