Diesel additive

HeavyAssault

Miltary
US Army
Current Ride
2015 F350
Amzoil is not on the Ford list of approved oils.

Most PSD guys like the Rot-T6, Valvoline Premium Extreme is a close second.

davidb1841

Founding Member
Miltary
USAF Ret
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 Tremor Velocity Blue
Current Ride #2
2019 Ford Edge SEL
Amzoil is not on the Ford list of approved oils.

Most PSD guys like the Rot-T6, Valvoline Premium Extreme is a close second.
That is what I am currently using..... What I like about it: Relatively inexpensive full synthetic (I can change it often)...Ford approved....seems to run really smooth....

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Founding Member
Current Ride
F350 Tremor 6.7 Lariat sport
That is what I am currently using..... What I like about it: Relatively inexpensive full synthetic (I can change it often)...Ford approved....seems to run really smooth....
I have a commercial account from my Amsoil dealer. I have been running it in all of my engines for a long time. I use their ( expensive) filters. Never had a problem. The commercial account is not as good of price as a dealer price but better than retail, I just message my guy and it shows up in a few days. The Amsoil has all the ratings Ford requires.
As a bonus I can take my used oil back to him for recycle n/c.
My cost to do an oil change with the Amsoil filter and oil is about the same as a basic oil change, except I have to do the labor. I would rather work on my $80+K truck than some minimum wage grease monkey who doesn't give a rats butt about anything except who he is banging and when his next break starts. I have had problems with oil changes at most dealerships, maybe thats a new thread to start.

To anyone running additive - I picked up a gallon of Opti-Lube XPD and plan to keep a couple small bottles in the truck in a sealing plastic container under the seat but have a question. Living in Texas, the interior of a truck not in the shade can hit 150+, and the back of the jug says it can ignite at high temps. Do I need to be concerned about that or leave space in the jugs for expansion in the heat? Anyone run into that?

HeavyAssault

Miltary
US Army
Current Ride
2015 F350
Amzoil is not on the Ford approved oil list plain and simple. They state they meet the Ford requirements......yet they are not on the list. To each their own......

HeavyAssault

Miltary
US Army
Current Ride
2015 F350
To anyone running additive - I picked up a gallon of Opti-Lube XPD and plan to keep a couple small bottles in the truck in a sealing plastic container under the seat but have a question. Living in Texas, the interior of a truck not in the shade can hit 150+, and the back of the jug says it can ignite at high temps. Do I need to be concerned about that or leave space in the jugs for expansion in the heat? Anyone run into that?

Maybe place it in the bed, in a vented container, and might try to build some sort of shade/cover to help combat the heat. Reflectix is an awesome little product the works great.

Maybe use a windshield sun blocker thru out the cab???

Latest Discussions