DIESEL ADDITIVE(S) LUBRICITY

I'm doing some science/math thinking here....
2oz to a 36 gallon tank (???) creates enough protection.....That's some primo science Mr. White.

I'm doing some science/math thinking here....
2oz to a 36 gallon tank (???) creates enough protection.....That's some primo science Mr. White.
Here’s the bottle, I usually do 1oz per half tank
BCA4A238-E203-42A1-9CC3-65DF85A49D6A.png

Well....it's powered by science. It must be legit. :cool:

Archoil works out to be 3.6oz per tank

Archoil is 3.5oz if I remember correctly.
That’s per tank so archoil is 3.6 per tank and hotshots is 2oz per tank pretty close

Hot Shot LX4 says 1 oz for every 10 gallons. 4oz bottle is $5.95. 1 gallon is only $99.95 which comes out to being half the price per ounce compared to the 4oz bottles.

Snake oil or real benefits……. I have no idea.

Opti-Lube XPD. I buy the gallon jug and transfer into the smaller 8oz bottles. I hope it’s doing what they say it’s supposed to do.
Ditto

Thanks for the info. Might be a plus if only needing to add a couple of ounces per tank.

Optilube XL comes out to be about $.05 per gallon of fuel treated. It showed one of the highest, if not the highest lubricity improvement compared to some of it's competitors. Since I have no need for anti gel or cetane improver, that is the additive I may go with.

I use Lucas oil diesel fuel treatment. Buy a case at a time and with 48 gallon tank a case lasts me minimum 4 months

My opti-lube arrived this morning. I took advantage of the 5% off promo and free shipping with my ordering being over $125.00
50C8BD63-ECFD-4DB5-9CFA-4EA573E823BB.png

Not being the devils advocate, but I don't understand why the fuel companies don't add something that effectively protects the fuel pumps, filters and injectors of these modern engines. It seems that it would be in their interest to see folks get the most trouble free miles out of an engine. And at the volume that they produce fuel, their cost to add such additives would be much lower than each customer adding their own at retail prices. All this just baffles me. These engines should last 500k worry free miles without having to play this game.

Not being the devils advocate, but I don't understand why the fuel companies don't add something that effectively protects the fuel pumps, filters and injectors of these modern engines. It seems that it would be in their interest to see folks get the most trouble free miles out of an engine. And at the volume that they produce fuel, their cost to add such additives would be much lower than each customer adding their own at retail prices. All this just baffles me. These engines should last 500k worry free miles without having to play this game.

I don't see why the fuel companies would care how long an engine lasts, or how it would be in their interest to go beyond what is required of them. The automotive manufacturers will make more engines, and buyers will keep buying. The fuel companies do add whatever additives are necessary to comply with the minimum standards set by the agencies that are in charge. It would be nice if those minimum standards were set higher than they are. The thing that I find ironic is how the emissions requirements, and the equipment put on these engines to comply, ultimately reduces the lfe of the engine and it's components. Unfortunately there are no additives to midigate that.

I worked as an engineer for Exxon and Valero for more than 45 years. These companies will meet ASTM and API spec because they need to, and because their government contracts require it. But beyond that they prefer to pinch every fraction of a cent. Profit is king. Watch for Top Tier branded fuels as these are better, including diesel. These have higher lubricity and additives.

Attachments

• TOP_TIER_Diesel_Fuel_Performance_Standard_Rev_A_-__230305_222613.pdf
    154.4 KB · Views: 84
I worked as an engineer for Exxon and Valero for more than 45 years. These companies will meet ASTM and API spec because they need to, and because their government contracts require it. But beyond that they prefer to pinch every fraction of a cent. Profit is king. Watch for Top Tier branded fuels as these are better, including diesel. These have higher lubricity and additives.
How do you know if a station has top tier diesel I’ve never seen any kind of labeling like that

Back