Tremor Maniac
Founding Member
Meetup Organizer 🚧
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Tremor
First Responder
Retired LEO
I found this information at my shop who is installing new PPE trans pan, oil pan and front diff cover soon. He mentioned lubricity is the main culprit of cp4 failure with today's diesel fuels. Of course there are the obvious, of DEF in the fuel, water, and air. Thought I would share. The HFRR score is what counts as far as lubricity, the rest is obvious.
20230303_101058.jpg

Been using hotshot secret edt for years not sure what the hfrr is though

I found this information at my shop who is installing new PPE trans pan, oil pan and front diff cover soon. He mentioned lubricity is the main culprit of cp4 failure with today's diesel fuels. Of course there are the obvious, of DEF in the fuel, water, and air. Thought I would share. The HFRR score is what counts as far as lubricity, the rest is obvious. View attachment 114275
That sheet is from 2007. It’s 15 years old, i’m sure the market has changed significantly since then. I’d like to see Archoil and Hotshot secrets as part of these tests.

Don't use anything with alcohol, pretty easy to screw that up.

Howe's has plenty of good products. Been using them for years.

That sheet is from 2007. It’s 15 years old, i’m sure the market has changed significantly since then. I’d like to see Archoil and Hotshot secrets as part of these tests.
🤣

I use Archoil which is specifically designed to add lubricity and it has detergent properties and increases cumbustability....every tank since my truck was new

Lubricity is not thew main cause of cp4 failure, it's bad fuel.

I believe hot shot edt would be 453 on that list and archoil would be 348.

IMG_0390.jpeg
IMG_0391.jpeg

Project farm did a video on this awhile back and had some cool results. The LX4 additive in the EDT was very impressive

So you add one quart per tank of fuel for $36 per tank. That’s a pretty pricey tank of fuel for sure!

So would EDT be the one to use? Thus CP4 failure shit has me paranoid!!! Is anyone using the amsoil additives?
Lower the number the better as far as Lubricity goes. Archoil did better than edt. I have been using Opti-Lube XPD and it did better than both of them.

So you add one quart per tank of fuel for $36 per tank. That’s a pretty pricey tank of fuel for sure!
Which one? For hotshots it’s roughly 2oz. Per tank unless you have the huge S&B tank

Back