Diamondback Cover Guy’s

I have a few questions that were not answered in that amazing review.

How much weight can the cover hold? For instance, my fat ass is approaching 300 lbs. Could I stand on top of it?

Does it provide any measurable MPG improvement?
My fat ass can jump on it no problem, the HD version is rated at 1600 lbs support.

As with any other cover, it might provide some wind resistance benefit. I remember TFL guys testing tonneau cover MPGs and the results were inconclusive.

I am leaning toward the Diamond back too, does any body have, or seen one that has the 2 lid front ?
Those dont come in an HD version so are less popular. I havent seen one on SD.

This looks great! I'm very happy with my DB. Very sturdy, can easily hold a roof top tent, hides any equipment in the bed, and very secure. So far the biggest load put on top was lumber. (Other than the tent) I have the Front Runner bars and lifts material high enough that I can put 10+ foot boards through the open rear window and secure it on the bars. Of course, if I need more than that, I'll use a trailer.

Incidentally, if you rotate the securing bars 180, they don't protrude into the bed as far. Next are accessories! 😁

Attachments

• 20230531_094346.jpg
    20230531_094346.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 112
Another fun thing with the DiamondBack is... we use it when going to the drive in movies. We will set our air mattress on top of it with pillows and blankets. Just don't drink to much cause it's a long ways down....if you happen to fall.

Another fun thing with the DiamondBack is... we use it when going to the drive in movies. We will set our air mattress on top of it with pillows and blankets. Just don't drink to much cause it's a long ways down....if you happen to fall.
Clearly the answer is to bolt on railings, because the Diamondback is capable of that, too! :D

I don't know about MPG improvement. But it does do well for a place to wash the pano from

Sure like mine I do take it on and off quite a bit to tow the fifth wheel, probably takes 10-15 minutes but very easy to do.

Last Christmas time everything went on sale … hopefully they do that again.. this time I’ll be pulling the trigger to buy the atv hd cover

On the first road trip with mine. Enjoying everything about it. 😊

• Love
Reactions: ccw
Anyone here have the atv hd cover with the extended rack?

Ive had one on my tacoma for several years now, love everything about it.

Attachments

• IMG_5763.jpeg
    IMG_5763.jpeg
    470.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5675.jpeg
    IMG_5675.jpeg
    293 KB · Views: 100
Well, I pulled the trigger on the HD and crossbin today. Shipping est June 27th. They also offer Mil/LEO/1st Resp discount, which is really appreciated. The N1 will be sporting a secure cover for our trip to Central Texas in July.......Longview crooks be damned.

Well, I pulled the trigger on the HD and crossbin today. Shipping est June 27th. They also offer Mil/LEO/1st Resp discount, which is really appreciated. The N1 will be sporting a secure cover for our trip to Central Texas in July.......Longview crooks be damned.
Here’s the thing, just so you know. DB did not change their covers for 23s, said 17-22 covers fits ok. But when i looked at one installed recently in a video i was shocked that it appeared about 1-1.5 inches short compared to how my 22 fit. Some might not mind it, but i really think the 23 cover should be longer, it looks too f short on that tailgate end! I personally would refuse one for this very reason, it does not look like a good fit!

3DCAF1B3-CD13-46AD-9A07-321B829CDB77.jpeg

Here’s the thing, just so you know. DB did not change their covers for 23s, said 17-22 covers fits ok. But when i looked at one installed recently in a video i was shocked that it appeared about 1-1.5 inches short compared to how my 22 fit. Some might not mind it, but i really think the 23 cover should be longer, it looks too f short on that tailgate end! I personally would refuse one for this very reason, it does not look like a good fit!

View attachment 123202
Does it seal OK on the tailgate? That sucker is pretty wide across the top.

• Winner
Reactions: ccw
👍 hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying mine. Did a 1,600 mile road trip with it recently and it definitely came in handy.

Does it seal OK on the tailgate? That sucker is pretty wide across the top.
Sealing shouldn’t be an issue (all though it might be, i dont have a 23 to test it) but a cropped look is something they should address with a longer cover for 23s. Seems like they are cutting corners extending a 22 cover to 23s which now have longer tailgate design.

Back