Diamondback Cover Guy’s

DwnSth

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F250 tremor 2021
Love it or hate it? Any regrets or would you buy again?

Love mine. Comes off easily if needed to haul something big. Nice to be able to lock stuff up if needed.

LOVE IT...if it fits your needs. Like all bed covers, of all shapes and sizes, how much you like a cover depends heavily on your use case.

I've had my DiamondBack HD installed for a bit over a year. I'm actively researching replacing it with a canopy. This has nothing to do with the cover itself, and everything to do with my use case: I need taller, dry, secure storage and I've become willing to sacrifice ever being able to open the bed up.

The DiamondBack is amazing for having secure, dry storage under the cover while being able to haul stuff on top. The bed liner finish is durable, the HD version is ridiculously strong, and the cleats are brilliant. Worth noting, in my experience in the rainy PNW, the cover truly doesn't let water in. You're far more likely to see water ingress through the tailgate or other gaps in the bed. Or just opening the cover in the rain.

It is removable relatively easily if you need full access to the bed. DiamondBack did a good job of making the cover removable while meeting their other requirements (hauling heavy on top). But it will take 10-15 minutes to take it off, and probably 20-30 minutes to put it back on. It's somewhat bulky to store while it's off the truck. Not something you're going to do impulsively while out and about unless you're desperate, and something you're going to instinctively avoid in general.

Contrast that with a flip-up or roll-up cover. That's the sort of thing that you flip up or roll up for fun. Though you basically can't haul anything on top of those covers unless it's wide enough to hit the bed rails (e.g. mattress).

Worth noting that the panels can flip all the way over onto the other one, and can be done so impulsively. When I needed to haul a dethatcher and aerator home from home Depot I didn't need to remove the cover or try to load them on top. I flipped the rear panel forward onto the front panel and could fit both machines in the space at the rear of the bed. That reduces the need to remove the cover entirely.

Here's some negatives of the DiamondBack beyond it being more difficult to open up the bed:
  • The top of the cover isn't totally flat. The panels are, but the hinges stick up, as do the locking handles. To haul sheet goods on top, you will need wood strips (2x4's) to ensure the sheet goods clear the raised bits.
  • Cover requires a separate key to lock/unlock. Though a benefit of this is the cover can be opened entirely independently of the tailgate.
  • DiamondBack's toolbox is...fine. Better since they improved its design to make it stronger, but it's still a lightweight toolbox. Don't plan on putting anything moderately heavy in it.
  • While hauling stuff on top is great, it's up there. Getting heavy furniture up there is sketchy, for example. So it's not as useful as hauling directly in the bed.
Lastly, I want to shout out DiamondBack's customer service (again...I've done it in my build thread).

They have been fantastic. I purchased one of their covers that was a "factory second". Arrived with a massive dent in one side (no idea where it came from). Replaced it with no arguing (just a picture or two) with a brand new, not factory-second, cover, including working with me on scheduling around the holidays.

I left a review of their toolbox after mine dropped into the bed a couple of times. They reached out proactively and sent me a new toolbox, for free, with an improved design and sought feedback.

If the cover fits your needs, know that DiamondBack as a company has you covered (pun intended).
Any regrets or would you buy again?
If it fit my use case, I would buy again in a heartbeat. I wish it fit my use case! But make sure it fits your use case before buying.

LOVE IT...if it fits your needs. Like all bed covers, of all shapes and sizes, how much you like a cover depends heavily on your use case.

I've had my DiamondBack HD installed for a bit over a year. I'm actively researching replacing it with a canopy. This has nothing to do with the cover itself, and everything to do with my use case: I need taller, dry, secure storage and I've become willing to sacrifice ever being able to open the bed up.

The DiamondBack is amazing for having secure, dry storage under the cover while being able to haul stuff on top. The bed liner finish is durable, the HD version is ridiculously strong, and the cleats are brilliant. Worth noting, in my experience in the rainy PNW, the cover truly doesn't let water in. You're far more likely to see water ingress through the tailgate or other gaps in the bed. Or just opening the cover in the rain.

It is removable relatively easily if you need full access to the bed. DiamondBack did a good job of making the cover removable while meeting their other requirements (hauling heavy on top). But it will take 10-15 minutes to take it off, and probably 20-30 minutes to put it back on. It's somewhat bulky to store while it's off the truck. Not something you're going to do impulsively while out and about unless you're desperate, and something you're going to instinctively avoid in general.

Contrast that with a flip-up or roll-up cover. That's the sort of thing that you flip up or roll up for fun. Though you basically can't haul anything on top of those covers unless it's wide enough to hit the bed rails (e.g. mattress).

Worth noting that the panels can flip all the way over onto the other one, and can be done so impulsively. When I needed to haul a dethatcher and aerator home from home Depot I didn't need to remove the cover or try to load them on top. I flipped the rear panel forward onto the front panel and could fit both machines in the space at the rear of the bed. That reduces the need to remove the cover entirely.

Here's some negatives of the DiamondBack beyond it being more difficult to open up the bed:
  • The top of the cover isn't totally flat. The panels are, but the hinges stick up, as do the locking handles. To haul sheet goods on top, you will need wood strips (2x4's) to ensure the sheet goods clear the raised bits.
  • Cover requires a separate key to lock/unlock. Though a benefit of this is the cover can be opened entirely independently of the tailgate.
  • DiamondBack's toolbox is...fine. Better since they improved its design to make it stronger, but it's still a lightweight toolbox. Don't plan on putting anything moderately heavy in it.
  • While hauling stuff on top is great, it's up there. Getting heavy furniture up there is sketchy, for example. So it's not as useful as hauling directly in the bed.
Lastly, I want to shout out DiamondBack's customer service (again...I've done it in my build thread).

They have been fantastic. I purchased one of their covers that was a "factory second". Arrived with a massive dent in one side (no idea where it came from). Replaced it with no arguing (just a picture or two) with a brand new, not factory-second, cover, including working with me on scheduling around the holidays.

I left a review of their toolbox after mine dropped into the bed a couple of times. They reached out proactively and sent me a new toolbox, for free, with an improved design and sought feedback.

If the cover fits your needs, know that DiamondBack as a company has you covered (pun intended).

If it fit my use case, I would buy again in a heartbeat. I wish it fit my use case! But make sure it fits your use case before buying.
Great write up. I’ve gone back and forth long enough….I’m positive it meet’s my needs. Mine arrives on Wednesday.

• Winner
Reactions: ccw

Hard to add anything to that. I do love mine though, inside and out. Will not get another cover for any truck this or future one.

1684723408900.jpeg

Last edited:
Love mine! Haven't fully loaded it yet but that's in the works. I'm thrilled with the ability to securely lock things up. Nothing is theft proof, but this is certainly close.

Would it be safe to store my M1A Truck Gun in?

I would definitely buy again and recommend it. As @ccw stated, it keeps the rain out. It is a ways up there when loading on top. I think the step tailgate is a hindering factor for dragging things off the top.

Now need to find towers for the kyak racks to go on. I know someone on here had a great setup, but don't remember who.

Have been a huge fan of my Diamondback SE. It looks good, it works well, it locks up extremely securely and it keeps my items dry and out of sight.

I was initially skeptical about the price, and the usefulness of having a tonneau cover in general. After owning it for almost a year, I would not be without one in the future.

I will probably keep the SE - it's easy enough to take on and off, I don't see the need to spend the extra money for the HD just so that I can stack things on top.

Love it. Best cover I have ever had. And I just moved mine from my 2017 f250 and put it on my new 2023 F350 Tremor that I just picked up Friday.

I have had mine for 2 years on my 2021 and LOVE it. To date, nary a drop of water has ever leaked into it, looks great, would 100% do it again!

Love it. It’s a buy once cry once cover. Water proof and secure. Looks good as well on the Tremor

Agree with all @ccw said. I had mine for a year and then replaced it with a SmartCap as I needed more/taller space back there.

About as good of a review as I can imagine that’s in line with my thoughts exactly.

I have a few questions that were not answered in that amazing review.

How much weight can the cover hold? For instance, my fat ass is approaching 300 lbs. Could I stand on top of it?

Scratch this first question, I just looked into it. The SE can hold 400 lbs, the HD can hold 1200 lbs.

Does it provide any measurable MPG improvement?

Last edited:
I am leaning toward the Diamond back too, does any body have, or seen one that has the 2 lid front ?

Back