Coolers/Freezers

So did you run an extension from the bed all the way to the battery bank? And instead of installing an outlet in the bed, you just spliced into the DC adapter for the cooler?

I’m not sure how he did it, but for a couple months I ran a 12v cig adapter in the bed of my truck that the cooler was plugged into. I got tired of the cig plug working it’s way loose on bumpy roads, so I cut and spliced it it. I haven’t had an issue in 6+ months.


Yep, I had a cigarette lighter outlet installed in the bed rack - it was a really clean setup with one of those waterproof outlets. While it never actually unplugged on me (I always tied a knot in the cord as a precaution), I was constantly worried that one bad bump might disconnect it and spoil all my food.


To solve this, I cut and spliced into a power cord running from the battery bank. It's not the neatest job right now and needs some cleaning up, but now it takes a whole lot more force to unplug the cooler. This gives me much more peace of mind about keeping my food safe, especially on rougher terrain.
 
Been running a Dometic 75 liter for several years now, no complaints👍🏼
 

Attachments

  • SimplyHDR240845616.webp
    SimplyHDR240845616.webp
    628.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_7431.webp
    IMG_7431.webp
    195.5 KB · Views: 48
There's a lot of new brands out there...what are your thoughts?

  • Euhomy
  • Iceco
  • Bouge RV
  • Set Power

Just to name a few. What do I get by buying the name brands?

Wanted to add that my trailer came with the Iceco VL75Pro Dual. Been running full time since I picked up the trailer last October and has been great. Before this fridge I had an ARB Element and a National Luna Legacy. The ARB was great but the opening was kinda annoying. It hinged on the back end and required a lot of head room to open up. The National Luna was in a different trailer and did really well but the latches pulled through the thin aluminum and popped off. The Iceco seems to get a bit more condensation and it is probably because the lids have a bit of play in them, but it is nice that they open from either side and can be removed completely.

 
Can’t find much info on Anuodan compressors buddy said sepco compressor not a fridge guy. What’s the groups opinion on the Anuodan compressor? The Fridges get great reviews so not sure if it’s something to be concerned with or not. Wife doesn’t want to deal with ice traveling and west bend is coming.
 
Reviving this thread to see how fellow electric cooler owners have fared with their portable freezers.

After four years of daily use, my Euhomy gave out. It still powers on but no longer cools properly. I suspect there’s a leak in the system and refrigerant is escaping.

In that time, I also picked up a Vevor cooler, which didn’t even last two years.

I’ve tried to find someone to repair them but one person told me these units are basically disposable. While I tend to agree, it’s frustrating that no one can just seal the system, add refrigerant, and give it a few more years of life.

Have any of you had repairs done on your coolers? If so, how did they hold up? Short of just picking up a new one.
 
Reviving this thread to see how fellow electric cooler owners have fared with their portable freezers.

After four years of daily use, my Euhomy gave out. It still powers on but no longer cools properly. I suspect there’s a leak in the system and refrigerant is escaping.

In that time, I also picked up a Vevor cooler, which didn’t even last two years.

I’ve tried to find someone to repair them but one person told me these units are basically disposable. While I tend to agree, it’s frustrating that no one can just seal the system, add refrigerant, and give it a few more years of life.

Have any of you had repairs done on your coolers? If so, how did they hold up? Short of just picking up a new one.
i dont have the longevity to comapre to you AZ. I still have my intruck consol dometic and my Euhomy that's about 2 years old but only sporadic use cases, not 100% daily duty. I wonder if my friend who does AC could repair it lol
 
I also keep a Milwaukee combo charger plugged into the Ecoflow for mobile tool charging and battery chargers for the electronic shifting and dropper post on the bikes.
Damn am I out of the loop on bike tech. I still use my fingers and thumbs. 🤔
 
My dometic is still running strong. And I'd still like a console fridge. Not gonna happen, but I can still dream...
 
i dont have the longevity to comapre to you AZ. I still have my intruck consol dometic and my Euhomy that's about 2 years old but only sporadic use cases, not 100% daily duty. I wonder if my friend who does AC could repair it lol
I asked two mechanics and they both said, that refrigation system is entirely different from vehicles.

Both coolers are in excellent shape, I am sure its just replacing some components.

I would look into it myself the problem is when?! :sneaky:
 
I wouldn't go cheaper than ICECO. They actually use legit SECOP/Danfoss compressors and decent components. The word salad Chinesium units rarely last and it usually costs more to fix than to replace.
 
Back
Top Bottom