Ceramic Window Tint

Not yet, goes in next week. Shop is a one man show and he books out weeks in advance.

What % did you go with all the way around? Any pics?
Ya if they offer you the stratos; in my opinion dont get it. I did the research and it doesnt block out much more. I think it was only two percent more and was about 200 something more if im not mistaken. As for my tint i went clear in the front (thats the only thing hawaii allows for front) 35 percent two front side and blacked out everything else (back sides and the pano roof). Got some pictures but not focused on the windows. If its not clear enough let me know and ill take some pictures for you tomorrow.

Attachments

• 0777F449-958B-41C8-B9E1-7BF56FC6540D.png
    0777F449-958B-41C8-B9E1-7BF56FC6540D.png
    867.8 KB · Views: 149
  • D6BDF57F-E9DF-4386-9FDF-DA47F064F580.png
    D6BDF57F-E9DF-4386-9FDF-DA47F064F580.png
    688.3 KB · Views: 151
  • BE58DD74-5411-42C6-ADAD-2F91C5EB7B79.png
    BE58DD74-5411-42C6-ADAD-2F91C5EB7B79.png
    657.5 KB · Views: 152
I too have it and have gone through an Arizona summer with it. I have XPel. I thought initially, there has to be some kind of gimmick with ceramic somewhere. How could you use ceramic on damn near everything? Well I was pleasantly surprised. It works amazing. Someone early talked about not tinting the back due to the how dark it would end up. I would agree, you do wind up with a pretty dark tint in the back, but I feel it defeats the purpose to spend that kind of cash to not get your cab covered. The main reason I went for it was due to heat and boy does it work. I don't have it on the windshield, so I point my truck accordingly and I can tell you Mid Summer at 3pm I can get in the truck and it’s fine. That’s pretty extraordinary since every car I’ve owned has roasted me when it’s 110 out.

I too have it and have gone through an Arizona summer with it. I have XPel. I thought initially, there has to be some kind of gimmick with ceramic somewhere. How could you use ceramic on damn near everything? Well I was pleasantly surprised. It works amazing. Someone early talked about not tinting the back due to the how dark it would end up. I would agree, you do wind up with a pretty dark tint in the back, but I feel it defeats the purpose to spend that kind of cash to not get your cab covered. The main reason I went for it was due to heat and boy does it work. I don't have it on the windshield, so I point my truck accordingly and I can tell you Mid Summer at 3pm I can get in the truck and it’s fine. That’s pretty extraordinary since every car I’ve owned has roasted me when it’s 110 out.
The factory “tint” is just privacy glass and provides no additional UV protection. At least that’s what I’ve been told, so it makes sense to put film on them even if you went with minimal darkness.

The factory “tint” is just privacy glass and provides no additional UV protection. At least that’s what I’ve been told, so it makes sense to put film on them even if you went with minimal darkness.
Yes, I was told it’s just privacy glass as well...and yes I agree it doesn’t make much since to skip that part. After all, you’re trying to keep the heat etc out. Good conversation for sure.

Here are a few pictures. It's really hard to show how well it works in a photo or how great it really looks. Can't wait for it to heat up a little so I can see if the ceramic is worth the extra money. Ended up costing $562.00 with tax. The product they used is from SunTek and it's the CXP series.

View attachment 18442View attachment 18443View attachment 18444

Man, I love your truck. Especially against the landscape where you live, it really pops

I wish we could get a bunch of Tremor folks together for a weekend trail ride in Southern Utah. Maybe I should try and put something together, far enough out so the East coast folks could make it. The Moab Jeep Jamboree is on October 21-23. I have never been but it looks like a blast.

I wish we could get a bunch of Tremor folks together for a weekend trail ride in Southern Utah. Maybe I should try and put something together, far enough out so the East coast folks could make it. The Moab Jeep Jamboree is on October 21-23. I have never been but it looks like a blast.
My Tremor will be in Moab next month for TJFest.

Llumar 20% ceramic just on the front - left rears alone for now. Turned out great.

Attachments

• DFCDA211-A3DF-4DB4-8CEA-03ADA94FEB50.jpeg
    DFCDA211-A3DF-4DB4-8CEA-03ADA94FEB50.jpeg
    455.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 841EC4D9-48E9-4376-863B-614E1B2EA83B.jpeg
    841EC4D9-48E9-4376-863B-614E1B2EA83B.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 106
I went ceramic all around on mine as well, and am pleased with the heat reduction. 80% on windshield and sunroof; 25% on rear windows; and 18% on front windows. About $600 for everything.

Last edited:
I stopped by a local shop after I picked up my truck last Friday and the owner was surprised to see how dark the factory tint was on the rear windows. He measured with a meter and it came out to 15.8%, where he typically sees ~25% on the factory Fords. I had planned to do ceramic on everything except the windshield, but he cautioned the rear could really darken up further and affect visibility, and it may not make sense to use a lighter film on the rear as the heat rejection drops off fast the lighter you go. Might just be doing the driver/passenger windows.

He uses the Llumar Pinnacle Series ceramic tint, anyone use Llumar on their trucks?
I had the Llumar put on mine. Seems like pretty good stuff so far. I did 15 on the front windows and 50 on the rears.

Does 20 on front windows equal the tint on stock rear doors? Looks great.
Yea just about. I’ve read some posts here saying the rears are around 15-17% but I didn’t want to go 15% up front and have the front look darker than the rear. They also say the windshield will let more light in and make the fronts look lighter - but I’m super happy I went 20%.

Back