Ceramic Window Tint

Wirelessguy

Tremor Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 7.3 Lariat Tremor Lithium Gray 12K winch
Anyone using Ceramic window tint? What has everyone been paying? I figured I better get tint applied since it will be 110⁰ F in St George before long and did not want to wait weeks in the heat for an appointment.

I went with ceramic window tint because I found online that it won’t fade, it’s metal-free so it won’t interfere with communications, and most of all it blocks the heat more effectively than standard tint.

I just dropped the truck off so I will update the brand of the ceramic, final price with tax, and add a picture after I pick it up later today.

The quote I received was for all of the windows at $505.00. The way this shop prices the tint is the full front window for $175.00 and the remaining glass at $330.00.

The front is full ceramic at 70%.

The front driver and passenger are 35% and the back driver, passenger, and rear glass will be 18% since they already have factory tint applied.

I have heard some people don’t like the tint applied to the front window saying when looking through the windshield with polarized sunglasses it looks odd. I just wanted some protection from the massive sheet of glass cooking the cab, hopefully, I won't need to pull it off.

Anyone using Ceramic window tint? What has everyone been paying? I figured I better get tint applied since it will be 110⁰ F in St George before long and did not want to wait weeks in the heat for an appointment.

I went with ceramic window tint because I found online that it won’t fade, it’s metal-free so it won’t interfere with communications, and most of all it blocks the heat more effectively than standard tint.

I just dropped the truck off so I will update the brand of the ceramic, final price with tax, and add a picture after I pick it up later today.

The quote I received was for all of the windows at $505.00. The way this shop prices the tint is the full front window for $175.00 and the remaining glass at $330.00.

The front is full ceramic at 70%.

The front driver and passenger are 35% and the back driver, passenger, and rear glass will be 18% since they already have factory tint applied.

I have heard some people don’t like the tint applied to the front window saying when looking through the windshield with polarized sunglasses it looks odd. I just wanted some protection from the massive sheet of glass cooking the cab, hopefully, I won't need to pull it off.
Can't wait to see what it looks like done. Who did you go through? I've been debating going to someone down here in St. George vs going to someone I've used before in Salt Lake.

I knew a guy who did it for dealer ships and He did mine with ceramic tint for cash. did all three of my cars at the time it's good stuff. I wish he was still around. I do not know the brand that he used.

The place I took my truck to in west Houston to get ceramic coated started doing tint a few months after the truck was coated. They were running a special and I got the sunroof and all the windows except the windshield done for less than $450. Normal price was around $600. I think they used SunTek film and I did 20% all the way around because it's Texas lol. I wanted to use ceramic too because of the good things I've heard about it. I can't tell you how well it works yet or not since I had it tinted in December. Hope that helps!

Here are a few pictures. It's really hard to show how well it works in a photo or how great it really looks. Can't wait for it to heat up a little so I can see if the ceramic is worth the extra money. Ended up costing $562.00 with tax. The product they used is from SunTek and it's the CXP series.

IMG_3594.jpgIMG_3593.jpgIMG_3592.jpg

Here are a few pictures. It's really hard to show how well it works in a photo or how great it really looks. Can't wait for it to heat up a little so I can see if the ceramic is worth the extra money. Ended up costing $562.00 with tax. The product they used is from SunTek and it's the CXP series.

View attachment 18442View attachment 18443View attachment 18444
That looks great. I've never had the windshield done. I like that idea. That seems like a great price for all the windows you've done. I have ceramic on my current 2 vehicles and can really tell a difference with the heat. So you should notice here in a month or so once we start heating up haha.

Nice, They make a ceramic film with no tint at all if you decide you want it later. I did the front windshield because here in St George it would just melt everything in the cab with that huge piece of glass acting like a magnifying glass.

I stopped by a local shop after I picked up my truck last Friday and the owner was surprised to see how dark the factory tint was on the rear windows. He measured with a meter and it came out to 15.8%, where he typically sees ~25% on the factory Fords. I had planned to do ceramic on everything except the windshield, but he cautioned the rear could really darken up further and affect visibility, and it may not make sense to use a lighter film on the rear as the heat rejection drops off fast the lighter you go. Might just be doing the driver/passenger windows.

He uses the Llumar Pinnacle Series ceramic tint, anyone use Llumar on their trucks?

I stopped by a local shop after I picked up my truck last Friday and the owner was surprised to see how dark the factory tint was on the rear windows. He measured with a meter and it came out to 15.8%, where he typically sees ~25% on the factory Fords. I had planned to do ceramic on everything except the windshield, but he cautioned the rear could really darken up further and affect visibility, and it may not make sense to use a lighter film on the rear as the heat rejection drops off fast the lighter you go. Might just be doing the driver/passenger windows.

He uses the Llumar Pinnacle Series ceramic tint, anyone use Llumar on their trucks?
I have used the pinnacle line on my last 3 vehicles and am getting the Tremor done Monday with pinnacle-
ill post pics Monday or Tuesday

For those of you who are also getting their windshield done, do the businesses offer any kind of warranty when the windshield takes a rock and chips or cracks it....bound to happen at some point.

@TCTremor I'm no tint expert but the way it was explained to me is that some of the virtually clear ceramic products can block out a substantial amount of IR and UV so adding it to the windows that already have factory tint should just give you the heat rejection benefit and not affect visibility. They put 18% on the back windows and it does make them darker but I can still see out them at night. I was worried about the front windshield during the day with sunglasses but I can't tell anything is applied.

Anyone else hear different?

Last edited:
I use Xpel prime XR Plus. It’s amazing stuff. Ceramic is a game changer. ESP with the windshield done. Paid right at 700$ on the last couple trucks.
That’s what mine gets Tuesday. I’m about $650 for the tint but also with PPF and Ceramic work on the exterior.

Full 3M Ceramic all the way around to include a windshield brow. The brow is a game changer. $550 for all of it in Fort Worth. In direct sunlight you can see a slight difference over stock but the heat reduction and knock down of glare far outweighs any minor distortion.

I had ceramic on the windshield of my last 2 trucks. This time I will not be going with ceramic. They become hazy and hated it over time.

Located in Hawaii. Went to a place called TnT Tinting. They are the best in the business here in Hawaii. Like everything else here; it was expensive as hell. I too have the pinnacle series from Llumar. They had one more series called "Stratos". Not much of a difference between that and the Pinnacle series as far as protection. Front windshield had a clear ceramic tint (reason i still put it was that even though it was clear it still blocks out the heat) Sides ceramic all around, rear as well ceramic tint, and the panoramic sun roof also ceramic. Normal price was right about $990. Glad i knew a friend that worked there and got a decent discount. Ceramic is the way to go forsure. I think its also a good idea to make sure they have a lifetime warranty. If anything happens itll be covered. Nothing but the best goes on our trucks!!!

TC did you get your tint in yet?

Latest Discussions

Back