CENTRAL TEXAS MEET/EAT/TRAIL/WINERY EXPERIENCE MAY 4TH, 2024!!!!

Will you make it to the Central Texas May 4th Meet?

• Total voters
Is it too late to hop on this deal @legmar ?
The best deal I see right now from Midland is $100 off $500.

IMG_0384.jpeg

What channel and code should we use? Might be good to discuss now so people can get it programmed in advance. I'd set my truck to it tomorrow lol.

Only 17 days away!!!, 21 + 1 confirmed trucks!
What channel and code should we use? Might be good to discuss now so people can get it programmed in advance. I'd set my truck to it tomorrow lol.
Pardon my ignorance, but don't you just select a specific number? Optimus suggested "69"

Only 17 days away!!!, 21 + 1 confirmed trucks!

Pardon my ignorance, but don't you just select a specific number? Optimus suggested "69"
Number with a privacy code additional.

Ok, I'm lost already, not unusual. I have a flare gun.
It's like ribs but with the special BBQ sauce (@Optimus, not that special sauce). Just makes it a little better. Not everyone can get the special sauce. (Again, no Optimus)....never mind, go ahead.

@BroncoHooves you have to put it in terms lunch can understand.

It's like ribs but with the special BBQ sauce (@Optimus, not that special sauce). Just makes it a little better. Not everyone can get the special sauce. (Again, no Optimus)....never mind, go ahead.

@BroncoHooves you have to put it in terms lunch can understand.
1000005416.jpg

This is what I understand!!

The best deal I see right now from Midland is $100 off $500.

View attachment 152885
Thanks for the discount code @legmar !
I got the MXT575 bundle came with a speaker, the whip antenna, and a few other extras. Since it was 1 penny short of $500 I had to get the microphone extension cable in order to use the "SEED" discount code.

Bundle
Extension Cable

Retail price: $654.98
Sale price using $100 off code: $418.96

Last edited:
For maximum compatibliity with the most radios, we should use channels available to both GMRS and FRS at the highest possible power level. We don't all have 50W capability...... and there may be some using strictly FRS radios.

That leads us to use channels 1 through 7. I doubt we will need CTCSS or DCS privacy codes - that will only complicate setup.

For maximum compatibliity with the most radios, we should use channels available to both GMRS and FRS at the highest possible power level. We don't all have 50W capability...... and there may be some using strictly FRS radios.

That leads us to use channels 1 through 7. I doubt we will need CTCSS or DCS privacy codes - that will only complicate setup.
I am so overly complicated 😫. I'm still trying to understand artificial intelligence. Life of a Boomer I guess.

@Lunch Box - we can continue our AI conversation over a couple of cold ones at the end of the trail……

Assuming they're still good when when I unpack this weekend, I should have 2 spare handhelds for people to borrow.

Something is rotten in Texas.

Record number of Tremors, possibly equipped with firearms, will be driving 45 minutes with no doubt some beers on board offering "seeds" for a planting promotion communicating through radios. If you guys are moving product or doing something undercover, as forum members we have the right to know.

This Texas meat smells fishy. 🤪

Last edited:
Back