Car insurance increase > 20% (Statefarm, FL)

I started, and have stayed with State Farm since 1975. With clean driving records, we average $1300. yr for each of our vehicles. If we lived in a different Zip Code it could be more, or less. At our age, it's all about Location-Location-Location ..
Rate update. Our rates have doubled since 2022. My wife's car is now $1080 every 6 months, my truck is $1160 every 6 months., that's over $4000 per yr. We're in our mid 60's, perfect driving records, zero accidents and drive less than 7500 miles a year combined. Very sad, I'd hate to be raising a family these days ..

Rate update. Our rates have doubled since 2022. My wife's car is now $1080 every 6 months, my truck is $1160 every 6 months., that's over $4000 per yr. We're in our mid 60's, perfect driving records, zero accidents and drive less than 7500 miles a year combined. Very sad, I'd hate to be raising a family these days ..
It's tough but still rewarding, wife (38) and I (40 in april) have decent jobs with great health insurance (great coverage, low cost thanks to my employment). Wouldn't trade it for the world. We have one at 7.5 and 3 dogs.

Our rates went up recently and the broker I was going thru (for +/-25yrs) seemed unable/unwilling to do anything including moving us to another company. Got a recommendation from a friend, called his guy, and within the day my total cost for five cars, a bike, camper and our house were down by almost 2/3 and included slightly better coverage. I think these days you just have to hop around every 3-5 years.

Last edited:
Progressive is not renewing mt home owners. Went up by 600 a year after finding someone who would 🥳🥳🥳.

Love the people that build in old growth Forrests in the sierras and then complain their houses burnt down 🧠

Wow that seems very high to me. We just got our renewal and I mean just, it’s going to auto debit in 3 days.

$3550 for the full year which covers

2023 F350 Tremor
2023 F150 Lightning
2019 RAV4 Adventure
2024 Supertramp insured for $85k

We also have a classic policy on a 1990 VW which is a couple hundred a year.

Perhaps the only difference is the Tremor and Rav4 are classified “recreational” or occasional use since the Tremor is a camping vehicle and the Rav4 is my wife’s but she works 100% remote. My daily however sees close to 20k miles a year.

I did just get a notice a few weeks ago from the same company that also does my home owners insurance with a long explanation of why rates are increasing. I think my home owners is around $700/yr now.

I don’t live in a high crime or natural disaster areas so maybe that helps. My advice would be to always use an agent and let them shop it around for you every couple years. $4000 a year for two vehicles seems quite high to me.

Last edited:
you guys might wanna have a look here. I found this article extremely interesting and is now making me consider unplugging my modem

Holy shit that's wild and incriminating 👀. Wonder if I can get my report lol.

What's irritating is not all that data is black and white and equally subjective. Sure driving at 100 with no proximity to a track ok fine. But here in Atlanta and like most places, maybe I (de)accelerated abruptly to avoid an accident that wasn't my fault.

Aggressively accelerating and decelerating is also subjective. What is casual for you may be excessive for me.

Holy shit that's wild and incriminating 👀. Wonder if I can get my report lol.

What's irritating is not all that data is black and white and equally subjective. Sure driving at 100 with no proximity to a track ok fine. But here in Atlanta and like most places, maybe I (de)accelerated abruptly to avoid an accident that wasn't my fault.

Aggressively accelerating and decelerating is also subjective. What is casual for you may be excessive for me.
Ford says in that article they dont share the data, but for some reason I dont believe it.

we have my 2022 Tremor, my wifes 18 Hyundai pay 1800 a year total. Boat is 550 for the year If I recall correctly house has gone up the most though. All through progressive now

I wish I could shop for better insurance. My 18-year old son is on my policy and he caused an accident two years ago. Then, two months ago, another teenager backed into my son's car, admitted fault, just to go home and tell his daddy a different story because Junior drove the $120,000 car he had gotten for his 18th birthday just four weeks before that and was afraid of daddy.

Needless to say, this is a major shitshow. We have dashcam footage and the situation is pretty straight forward, but the other insurance refuses to pay. They did not talk to us; they did not look at the dashcam footage. My insurance says the other party is at fault, but if I repair this it will count against my policy until the accident goes through arbitration. Argh. So, now I have two accidents against my policy.

I am probably pulling my new truck out and insure it somewhere else with just me being the driver.

I just spent two weeks shopping for both auto and home. I got quotes from the Hartford, Safeco, AAA, and State Farm. State Farm was the least expensive so I switched. Had been with the Hartford for years. Saved $3k/yr. I’m guessing I should have switched sooner
Cheers 🍻

Hey @stufarmer you may want to consider buying property in Indiana. Our annual for full coverage with low deductibles is less than half your premiums, and that includes the Tremor, a ‘15 outback, three motorcycles and a brand new Oliver travel trailer insured for $100K. We had a 3 % increase this year but in some years we have remained stable. We are with Farm Bureau Insurance.

BTW we too are in our sixties and drive a reduced amount.

I know Indiana isn’t Florida, but heck it’s March 13 and 76 degrees, and the golfers are out in t-shirts and shorts today. 😆

We have USAA full coverage, low deductibles and an umbrella.

IMG_2193.png

IMG_2194.png

you guys might wanna have a look here. I found this article extremely interesting and is now making me consider unplugging my modem

Mine has been going up to for no reason too. I went into the settings just now and turned off the shared driving habits. This is the one the records acceleration, braking, speed. I already turned the sharing for insurance. I’m pissed I missed that other one.

So basically we're paying/covering their losses even if we've been "great" clients and problem free for a decade.
I haven't had a claim in over 30 years of any kind, yet my insurance keeps going up. It's ridiculous. Insurance is a scam, also there are many policy holders who scam the insurance companies. It's a domino effect and me and you pay for it.

Mine has been going up to for no reason too. I went into the settings just now and turned off the shared driving habits. This is the one the records acceleration, braking, speed. I already turned the sharing for insurance. I’m pissed I missed that other one.
Will you share instructions on how to turn off both of these settings? It may be self explanatory, but some still need explanation.

Interesting... my rates just went down switching from a 2010 F250 to the 2021 F250 KR tremor. Located in MA and my insurance provider is Mapfre. One year total cost is $1721 for the 21 KR tremor and a 2017 8.5x24' enclosed trailer. Last year i paid $2200 for the 2010 and the same trailer.

Back