Black Out Diesel Badges

I just removed them completely...
Just to confirm... I can remove the 6.7 Badges as well as the Power Stroke badges and there’s no pins or holes remaining?

If so... awesome. Now that I have a Platinum trim it’s taking some getting used to. The fact it’s growing on me must mean I’m turning into an old man.

I usually try to remove as many badges as possible on my cars.

I saw another thread where they have caps for my mirrors and possibly something for the door handles, all color matched but Lithium Gray is “newish.”

I remember removing them from my 2001 F-150 with 5.4 Triton. I was left with 2 large holes, and 2 smaller pin holes (for alignment).

I was a teenager and was like “uh oh.” I had to have both fenders filled and painted to match. It was a very expensive mistake.

Just to confirm... I can remove the 6.7 Badges as well as the Power Stroke badges and there’s no pins or holes remaining?

If so... awesome. Now that I have a Platinum trim it’s taking some getting used to. The fact it’s growing on me must mean I’m turning into an old man.

I usually try to remove as many badges as possible on my cars.

I saw another thread where they have caps for my mirrors and possibly something for the door handles, all color matched but Lithium Gray is “newish.”

I remember removing them from my 2001 F-150 with 5.4 Triton. I was left with 2 large holes, and 2 smaller pin holes (for alignment).

I was a teenager and was like “uh oh.” I had to have both fenders filled and painted to match. It was a very expensive mistake.
Don’t have to worry about holes at all on these badges. They are 100% glued on.

I painted mine, and so far no problems. I used the high temp 2000 degree primer, paint and clear. If it flakes down the road I’ll just sand and paint again lol.View attachment 13760
This is really good to know. I think you just gave me enough courage to just go ahead and get it done. Also, I'm just about to do reverse lights. I see you have some in this picture. What are they and do you like them?

I painted mine, and so far no problems. I used the high temp 2000 degree primer, paint and clear. If it flakes down the road I’ll just sand and paint again lol.View attachment 13760

I did not think I wanted to go with the gloss black look for my exhaust tips, but yours might make me change my mind. :cool:

Do you have a picture of the side from a little further back, so I can see more of the truck?

This is really good to know. I think you just gave me enough courage to just go ahead and get it done. Also, I'm just about to do reverse lights. I see you have some in this picture. What are they and do you like them?
They are the Z Roadz and I love them. They turn night to day but they were pricey!

If you spray it in a garage be sure to cover your entire truck with some plastic or old sheets. Don't be that guy lol. The mist will float and cover everything! I waited 30 minutes in between coats and did 2 coats each. Then I drove a couple of short 20 minute trips the next day to cure the paint.

I did not think I wanted to go with the gloss black look for my exhaust tips, but yours might make me change my mind. :cool:

Do you have a picture of the side from a little further back, so I can see more of the truck?
3935893E-B0AA-4BC5-A8DB-E10D71833CC1.jpeg
979D756F-143E-4CE3-AE7F-BF8835034B62.jpeg
1E75543D-1FAF-4744-A548-EB1A1684E801.jpeg

i did the same for mine but i did a matte finish

Actually it’s a 3m pressure sensitive tape. A little heat and some fishing line gets most of the tape to separate from the paint. Then you can get the residue off with good old mineral spirits

I have used Goo-Gone in the past for sticky residue, so I hope it work for me this time.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Goo+Gone

I just ordered these Black 6.7L badges from Amazon: ($49)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08B8FQVSN/

They appear to be the same seller as the EBAY badges listed previously, because the four pictures are exactly the same, including a random picture of an FX4 Super Duty. The EBAY website said they are out of stock, so I had to search elsewhere, plus I saved $9.

As a follow-up to this thread, I bought the ones on Amazon because the ebay seller was out of stock. After looking closely at the pictures, the seller appears to be the same guy on both platforms. The cost is now $48 on Amazon. I have only had them on for a couple of weeks, but they seem to be a good quality.

Black 6.7L and Powerstroke Badges

Tremor-67-Badge.jpeg

Tremor-Left.jpeg

I’m assuming you just taped plastic up and under the fender and wheel well to avoid overspray? How far back on the pipe did you go?

I’m assuming you just taped plastic up and under the fender and wheel well to avoid overspray? How far back on the pipe did you go?

I know you were not replying to me, but after seeing Worley's paint job, I also painted my exhaust tips. I put two large moving blankets over the rear of my bed and the tire to avoid overspray from the wind. I taped the blankets up inside the rear quarter panel and then, used a flattened cardboard box behind the tailpipe.

I sanded the tips with 200 grit sandpaper and painted two coats of Rust-Oleum Flat Black 2000 Degree Paint. I painted the inside as far as possible and the outside all the way up to the hanger, which is as far as you can see into the wheel well. Here is the paint I ordered from Amazon.

Rust-Oleum Flat Black 2000 Degree

Tremor-Exhaust.jpeg

Tremor-Exhaust-Far.jpeg

I know you were not replying to me, but after seeing Worley's paint job, I also painted my exhaust tips. I put two large moving blankets over the rear of my bed and the tire to avoid overspray from the wind. I taped the blankets up inside the rear quarter panel and then, used a flattened cardboard box behind the tailpipe.

I sanded the tips with 200 grit sandpaper and painted two coats of Rust-Oleum Flat Black 2000 Degree Paint. I painted the inside as far as possible and the outside all the way up to the hanger, which is as far as you can see into the wheel well. Here is the paint I ordered from Amazon.

Rust-Oleum Flat Black 2000 Degree

View attachment 21418

View attachment 21419
Right on!!! Thanks for the reply. Does it look like it’s an option to cut them just past the hanger, powder coat them and then weld back on? I’m still waiting on delivery so I don’t have one to reference. Sounds like a hassle but I have a powder coat hook up so could be a better long term modification

Back