Bilstein 5100s Discussion

Did you level your tremor or is it at stock height front and rear? If you’re stock I’ll probably do this too since the wandering and constant need to keep it straight and centered are my biggest complaints.
I did not level my Tremor. I do not want it riding level it with nothing in the box. It already is low in the back with 1,000 lbs of tongue weight and 500-700 lbs in the bed.

BTW, the headlight adjustment does not allow the lights to point down when sagging slightly in the rear. The maximum adjustment just barely gets them to level. If I load heavy and tow, I get flashed a lot and I'm at the max adjustment on the lights with no leveling.

Part #'s are in the first post. Just ignore the 2-2.5" lift spec for the front shocks. They actually fit with 0" lift, including non Tremors.
Oh sweet - must have missed the fine print on 0" lift.

Just did the rears on my 2022 with 24-274968. Had been making clicking and clunking noises over every little bump since like 4,000 miles on a truck that hasn't seen as much as a fire road. Took about 30 minutes and I couldn't be happier... that noise had been getting worse and driving me absolutely insane. Silent and feels better now.

Has anyone installed these with a front spring to level the truck? what did you use? considering 5100 or 5160 vs carli commuter type set up. have used bilstein in the past with success.

Has anyone installed these with a front spring to level the truck? what did you use? considering 5100 or 5160 vs carli commuter type set up. have used bilstein in the past with success.
I had 5100's on my 21 Tremor with a dual rate spring level. I loved every minute of that setup. Prior to that on my 17 SD, I had a block level with Rancho RS9000's all the way around and they were good. The problem was always the adjusting. The version I had, the adjuster "knobs" were frigging plastic and would get stuck and all but impossible to turn and then break off. Rancho was good about fixing but I just got tired of it.

In my opinion, the Bilstein 5100's are the best all-around bang for the buck. I'd use 5160's if I was doing more cattle trail, bumpy terrain and whoop type driving just for the extra juice. So far though, I've got well over 300,000 miles on 5100's and have no complaints.

@MT N8IV thanks for the reply! what spring did you run?
I don't have exactly what I got with me but on the 21 Tremor it was:

The only difference is when I called them and got the setup I know mine had dual rate springs. This kit does not specifically say that so I could be mistaken on the dual rate part. Regardless though, I loved this setup and I had 37x12.50r18's and didn't have to trim anything with the Method 305NV rims and -18 OS.

This thread has become a haven for confusion. Everyone wants to debate what part numbers are correct or aren’t correct or try to dig to deep into “specifications”

I’ve changed this to a Bilstein 5100 discussion thread.

These are the part numbers I’ve had on my truck for over 800 miles now. No issues. Ride great.

Fronts 24-274951 Qty: 2
Rears 24-274968 Qty: 2 and
Stabilizer 24-286558 Qty: 1

A complete set of the shocks can be found on Amazon here:

Here's a link to the steering stabilizer:
I installed the stabilizer today on my stock tremor with larger tires. I notice that I have a little play on the passenger side between oem bolt and fully tight. Is this normal? Should I add a washer like the one provide for the driver’s side from Bilstein? I’ve torqued on it as much as physically possible “for me anyways” without using an impact wrench for fear of breaking bolt. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I installed the stabilizer today on my stock tremor with larger tires. I notice that I have a little play on the passenger side between oem bolt and fully tight. Is this normal? Should I add a washer like the one provide for the driver’s side from Bilstein? I’ve torqued on it as much as physically possible “for me anyways” without using an impact wrench for fear of breaking bolt. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Anybody out there 🤔

I just installed one in my truck the other day. I didn’t experience the issue you’re describing. Maybe the part was defective from Bilstien?

I just installed one in my truck the other day. I didn’t experience the issue you’re describing. Maybe the part was defective from Bilstien?
What torque lb. did you torque to?

What torque lb. did you torque to?
To be honest I didn’t torque the stabilizer just tightened it up with a 3/8” ratchet. I don’t remember there being any play. I did torque the shocks when I installed them. I do find discrepancy when looking for that torque spec though. Some say 35 which I find to be on the low side.

Last edited:
Back